Team Vampire!! discussion

Authors > P.C. Cast

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THE HOUSE OF NIGHT SERIES

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I did like the HON series, but I got sick of them and the characters so I've given up.
I just recently read the first book of the Goddess Summoning series. I didn't think it was anything amazing, but a good enough read that I'll read the second one when I run out of other things to read.
I haven't even heard of the Partholon series, but will be checking them out!

message 3: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 i liked HON series in the beggining,but i got tired of story and characters,especially characters..

message 4: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Melissa (cooks) | 1454 comments Mod
I LIKED THE SERIES IT DOES JUMP AROUND A LOT BUT I GUESS THATS JUST PARK OF IT. I KNOW ZOEY SEEMS TO CHANGE HER MIND A BUNCH, BUT IN ALL REALITY WHAT TEEN DOESNT EXSPECIALLY ONE WITH ALOT OF RESPONSIBILITY.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Well, I never had a multiple boyfriend problem when I was a teen! That's what annoys me the most about her, that she can't pick one guy and stick with him.

Also, some of the personalities of the other characters are rather annoying too, like Stevie Rae.

message 6: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

STEVIE RAY IS VERY CHILDISH AND IMMATURE. AND I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT ZOEY YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE FACT THAT MOST GIRLS DONT HAVE MULTIPLE BOYFRIENDS OR ATLEAST NOT THAT MANY AT ONCE. LOL

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I know, I've never even had two at once and yet she's got like four or five. That's probably why I hate her...maybe I'm jealous! And it's not just Stevie Rae, though she is the worst, but a lot of the characters in the book act very childish.

message 8: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT ONE OF THE CHARACTERS THAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST IS NEFERET. SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MENTOR, A ROLLMODEL AND A TEACHER TO THE STUDENTS BUT SHE IS JUST AS, IF NOT MORE CHILDISH AS HER STUDENTS AND ALL SHE THINKS ABOUT IS HERSELF.

message 9: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (jackyc) | 16 comments Haha i totally agree with you melissa, neferet really cheeses you off hey,i so hope zoey woops her butt soon..
I cant wait till burned...

message 10: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Lol. U r so right. Neferet deserves whatever happens to her after everything she has done.

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I'm wondering whether it's because PC Cast is trying too hard to make it a YA book to suit the audience, so she's ended up making everyone sound too immature, even the adults.

message 12: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 Catherine wrote: "I'm wondering whether it's because PC Cast is trying too hard to make it a YA book to suit the audience, so she's ended up making everyone sound too immature, even the adults."

i agree

message 13: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I didn't think about that. It makes sense though

message 14: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i have read all the HON books which are out so far and i think its a really up and down series in which one book isnt so good the next is brilliant and so on. i have her first book in the partholon series which iam going to start soon me thinks

message 15: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (jackyc) | 16 comments Yeah all characters show there childish side but thats probably mainly due to the characters being kids,and the goal set for teenage readers.
I havnt read none of the other pc cast books,so i cant really compare.
I just started on vampire novels this year and love series books so any suggestions would be much appreciated :) ...

message 16: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Jackey have u read the vampire academy series?

message 17: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (jackyc) | 16 comments hey melissa.
I started on them but got uninterested at frostbite and i reckon its because i started them straight after i finished reading the twilight series books,
it takes me about a week to shake off series books.

I will be restarting them after ive finished the sookie stackhouse books that im on at the minute which i reckon are pritty good.
Ive heard more then a few people say they are good reads so yes im definetly going to read them..

message 18: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 1 comments well i know all of you got annoyed lol but i still think the books are great. i mean i kinda want to sometimes jump through the book and slap someone for being stupid but hey it is a teen book. and i think it's kinf of funny that a book is able to make me that mad.....and i really would have rathered that heath did NOT die in friggin tempted =[

message 19: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

JACKY,
I JUST STARTED THE SOOKIE STACKHOUSE SERIES MYSELF AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT WILL BE GOOD, WHEN YOU GET AROUND TO THE VA SERIES LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK..

SHELBY,
IT IS FUNNY HOW ANNOYED A BOOK CAN MAKE YOU AND I NEVER THOUGHT OF MYSELF TO LET SOMETHING LIKE THAT GET TO ME. I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE WE CAN CHANGE HOW IT IS WRITTEN. BUT I DO LIKE THE SERIES TOO, BUT I JUST GOT FLUSTERED AT IT. BUT IT IS A TEEN SERIES SO I HAVE TO STOP GETTING SO WORKED UP! LOL!!!

message 20: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 45 comments OMG House of Night i love you great books

message 21: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I can't believe Heath dies! I haven't read that book, don't think I will either, but I really liked him. Did Zoey cause his death? Hate her!

I always get worked up over books, I'm either angry, crying or laughing which can get really embarrassing when I'm in public.

message 22: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (vampire_kiki_hope_29) | 45 comments i know right grr heath we will miss you

message 23: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

LOL I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. MY BOYFRIEND IS ALWAYS LIKE WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING OR WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. LOL THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND.

message 24: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (jackyc) | 16 comments haha the funniest is when you try to explain it to them and there looking at you like your a nuff nuff haha..
yes melissa i will tell you when i start the vampire academys and what i think as im going through them.
feel free to friend request me,i just joined so need a few friends to help me with my book selections..
:)..
i always cry when a character i like dies,its good when you get worked up on a book.. I love fantasy land haha

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I know, but people who aren't book addicts like us never understand. They always say 'It's not even real. Who cares if they die?'
I care, because they're real to me in my head! And when I say that, they just think I'm more crazy.

message 26: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (jackyc) | 16 comments I actually feel sorry for people that dont read a good book everynow and then,i mean it makes you smarter so scientists and all their studies say,i love it now im a stay at home mum its not just a chapter or two haha its a hole book in a day or two..
and another tip reading out loud is meant to make your brain work alot faster so read a chapter out loud a day..

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Angela wrote: "yeah, they just don't understand. Yeah, when someone dies always gets me, especially if it's someone I really liked. It is good to get worked up, that just shows how really good a book is if it can..."

That is how I was in the Forest of Hands and Teeth. I like this person a lot, but they died protecting the one they loved. The whole scene made me cry.

message 28: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Oooh, I know who you're both talking about, and I cried too! I cried more in the Forest of Hands and Teeth though, that was really sad and I kept thinking if that was me, I'd die from grief!

And I used to really enjoy reading out loud, but my family hated it and constantly told me to shut the hell up. So I could've been more intelligent if it wasn't for them!

message 29: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (jackyc) | 16 comments haha thats funny catherine...
So this is the morganville vampire series yous are talking about yeah? Ive just put them on my toread list.. are they good?

message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Yeah, the Morganville vampire series are great, I like that it's different to quite a lot of vampire books I've read. I love the characters too :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine wrote: "I can't believe Heath dies! I haven't read that book, don't think I will either, but I really liked him."

Same Heath and I were going out in my mental world!!! I can't believe he died!!!

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Yeah? Heath and I were going out in my world too. But let's not have a threesome, I don't think I can take it! :D

I actually liked Heath the most out of all of Zoey's boyfriends, and he was the only one I could trust without thinking he had some ulterior motive with for liking her. Why can't one of her other boyfriends die?!

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i like stark the most out of her boyfriends

message 34: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "i like stark the most out of her boyfriends"

me too

message 35: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 1224 comments stark sounds yummy!!! lol

message 36: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 Maritza wrote: "stark sounds yummy!!! lol"

haven't you read HON?

message 37: by Maritza (new)

Maritza | 1224 comments YUP!!!!

message 38: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 you should

message 39: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I know I said I wouldn't, but I did end up reading Tempted. The characters and the way they talk was still annoying, but probably because I've had a long break from so them they didn't irritate me as much as they used to!
Zoey was still an idiot though, it was obvious she loved Heath, she kept saying he calmed her down and he was like home to her. I don't like Heath dying but I can't say I have much sympathy for her.

message 40: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

The partholon series was different but I still read it.

message 41: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Yeah it was ok. Divine by choice, mistake, and blood. It is about an alternate world and it has centars in it. It wasn't my fav series but it wasn't my least fav either.

message 42: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I know what u mean there r so many series I want to read but can't do it fast enough.

message 43: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) I've started on #1 in House of Night Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast