TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Anti Twilight Rants/Stuff > Just a question for all the once-lovers who are now haters...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 372 (372 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments What made you guys hate the books? For me it was how so many people became so obsessed with it, and the movie.

message 2: by Sheeky (new)

Sheeky (sheekster) | 169 comments Same.

message 3: by Casey (new)

Casey Because of Bella. I finally realised what an idiot she was.

message 4: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments Um... probably how everyone was so willing to jump to its defence, and every time they did that, I kept noticing plot holes that grew bigger and bigger and... poof. Gone.

Oh, and this group helped too. XP

message 5: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments ✄☠Casey Crane☠✄ ×Brain Damage× wrote: "Because of Bella. I finally realised what an idiot she was."

Amen!

message 6: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments lol

message 7: by Casey (new)

Casey Sisi*The-Non-Abridged-Version wrote: "✄☠Casey Crane☠✄ ×Brain Damage× wrote: "Because of Bella. I finally realised what an idiot she was."

Amen!"

XD

message 8: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I think I just explained this, well I started hating cause of how many people liked it, and because I read a bit of it and thought Bella was so stupid.

message 9: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Hmm... I think it just kind of faded after a while. I mean, from the beginning of 2009 to November 2009 (when the New Moon movie came out), it just sort of declined slowly. Then when the 09-10 school year started, my fan-ness went flying downhill at about three thousand miles a minute, because I was exposed to more of the rabid fangirls than I had before.

Then, after joining this group and reading all the posts and things, it helped me realize that Twilight is crap. So yeah, you guys helped me straighten out and see common sense! :D

Also, I read a lot of other books and thought, "Hey, this is WAY better than Twilight ever was." And then, several months after finishing the books, I was still totally in love with them and reread them a gajillion times, while Twilight gathered dust on my bottom shelf.

After a while of that, I thought, "Huh, I don't read Twilight anymore."

And then I realized I didn't care.

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah the group really helped me get a better reason for hating it. And my library for one has like forty copies of all the Twilight books, so I wonder what's gonna happen to all of them when teh craze is over. So far, the number of books at the library is about ten, which is better than the number one if lucky at teh beginning of teh craze.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose wrote: "Yeah the group really helped me get a better reason for hating it. And my library for one has like forty copies of all the Twilight books, so I wonder what's gonna happen to all of them when teh....

I've heard Twilight makes good bonfires. Marshmallows, anyone?

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I have graham crackers and chocolate!

Does any one want some S'more hatred?

Sorry I just had to. XD

message 13: by Melyssa (last edited Mar 06, 2010 06:33PM) (new)

Melyssa | 52 comments Stephenie Meyer. Her whiny attitude after BD came out when 1/2 the fandom didn't like it, was pretty lame and unprofessional. Telling fans to 'read it again and learn to love it' only increased my dislike for her and the books.

The fandom played a big part too. They got arrogant, acted like SM and her lousy books were Gods gift to the world. The big thing was when the whole HP vs. Twilight war started up. Pushed me over the edge.

Then I joined this group and an anti Twilight site and a lot of what they had to say about why the books are so crappy made sense. And that's why I dislike Twilight.

message 14: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Yeah, I forgot about BD. I was one of the fans who really hated it, too. I never realized she told the fans to reread it and love it though. As much of a fan I was, I rarely checked up on her XD

message 15: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments She won't listen to criticism. Which is definitly her downfall, and her own stupidity.

message 16: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yeah. My biggest issue with her is that she can't take criticism. I mean, okay, if you publish a book, there are going to be people out there that don't like it. You can't take it personally, because obviously you can't please everyone. I mean, she wrote it the way she wanted to write it, so I respect that... but then she walks around saying that she was "hurt" by the "backlash" to BD. Uh, HELLO, wake up and smell the reviews! Your writing kind of SUCKS, lady! There are the rabid fangirls that loved it, and there are the people who realize it's crap! You have to accept it! :P

message 17: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Nicely put, Nightshade.

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah, I second that. It's so immature that she won't take criticism. It's shameful...

message 19: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments It really is. I mean, I admit I get a little defensive around my own work (writing, art projects, whatever), but that's pretty much natural. If you put a lot of time and effort into something, you're not exactly going to love it when other people criticize it. But at the same time, you can't improve without others' opinions. I mean, the "OMG YOU SUCK" critiques don't help much, but constructive criticism is really good.

Maybe that's why I'm a pretty harsh proofreader for essays and stuff... oops. Heh heh.

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah I'm pretty mean... but she claims she "wrote it for herself." Then why did she publish it?

message 21: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah and I think the way she made the sex painful is just gross.

message 22: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Not even going to go there. Ewwwww. -_-

message 23: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments I don't think she ever made sex painful for the men...

Either way, the pain virgin women experience shouldn't be EXTREMELY painful, unless you're (excuse me) getting pounded really hard... If your partner is gentle, it is (according to other sources) supposed to "feel abit like a pressure release".

message 24: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments ...eeeewwwwwww.

Sorry. I'm rather... innocent in this particular, um, subject. XD

message 25: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Yeah....

Am I like the only person without that italic thingy? Becuase Steph has one, and Shade has one, and even Wolfy has one.... and Rains2Castail or whatever has one, and other me has one....

message 26: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Yeah, it's the mod title thingy.

message 27: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Oh, I'm not saying I wanna be a mod, I just blinked and I'm surronded by them!

IT'S SCARY!

Not really.

message 28: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments *shudder* God... let's not talk about the bimbo's limbo, eh?

message 29: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments Good.

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I'M LOST!!! HELP MY POOR SMALL, UNDERDEVOLOPED BRAIN!!!!

message 31: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments *slaps* Is that better?

message 32: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Rose wrote: "Yeah....

Am I like the only person without that italic thingy? Becuase Steph has one, and Shade has one, and even Wolfy has one.... and Rains2Castail or whatever has one, and other me has one...."

I dont have italics on this group. I'm not a mod...

message 33: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Rose wrote: "Well...for uh...virgin women, yes sex in slightly painful the first time, for guys though...assholes never have to go through any goddamn pain1!!! WTF?!

However, I believe she made it painful for..."

WTF! WHY ARE WE ALWAYS THE ONE IN PAIN! *beats random teenage guy* THAT'S HOW WE FEEL EVERY MONTH!

message 34: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) *evil laugh*
Some dude asked me if I had a boyfriend before and I said no. He was like, "I'm sorry." What the hell's that supposed to mean??? Just because I'm a girl I need an idiot? (That's what I call guys.) SCREW YOU CARLOS. I DONT WANT AN EFFING IDIOT!!
*hits him w/ crowbar in the place that should not be hit place*

message 35: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments OHHHHHHH!! So THAT'S why your name seemed so familiar... heheh, I'm kind of extremely out of it today. I'm tired. DARN YOU, TIME CHANGE

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya that's probably why I'm familiar lol
I hate daylights savings time...

message 37: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Same... and I know why girls go through the pain. The guys can't handle it.... too intense for their small, frail mines and bodies.

I asked my mother all these questions about when you go into labor becuase in one of my stories I have a pregnant woman (the sex scene was awesome!! Yes I'm perveted, thank you) who obviously has a chid. Yeah I'm so gonna pour myself into it.... it'll be awesome. Anywayz she said it's the contractions that hurt, and Berch (beech? I don't know) babies hurt a lot. THAT'S WHAT I WAS!! IN my story, the woman goes berserk, swearing and all that stuff. Apparently most women want to kill the world after giving birth..

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

You can't just assume that they are all the same because they aren't you have to look carefully and find a good one

message 39: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments I SAID LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT IT, PLZ!

Sorry, my mind is broken today.

Talk away.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

its acctualy quite embarrasing. i just followed the crowd in loving twilight while i only found the book slightly good. the thing that threw me off thoug is how the series progresses. the firsrt book is ok, second meh, third is crap and the fourth makes me want to scrach my eyes out.

message 41: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments All. Of. Them. Are. SHIT.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought they were ok
Definitely not literary masterpieces but pretty ok books

message 43: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments Edward was described so many times, it was ridiculous.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. It's ridiculous how many times she could describe that guys left pinky toe in one book!

message 45: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments *shudders*

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I almost wonder I SMeyer was like head over heals for her book characters.....

message 47: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments She said she would walk out on her husband if either Jacob or Edward came to her door.

message 48: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments And she really thinks they exist? Wow. Even imagining that is pathetic. If my husband ever told me he'd walk out on me for a fictional character, I'd stab him to death.

message 49: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments I've scared the hell outta my friend when she saw me reading Twifart. I was laughing and she thought I was fangirlling, when in reality I was laughing at her.

message 50: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments XD lol awesome

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8