Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Julia Quinn

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
One of my all time favorites

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Bridgertons? Yes loved them sweet, a little sexy, fast fun reads.

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

My favorite was When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn ... (I can hear Heather sighing from here)... Lol... this is one we didn't agree on.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Was this the one with the dead husband and his BF was in love with her Franchesca?
I really liked this one. Very different from the rest in the series. It almost didn't feel like a Bridgerton book.

message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Kelly wrote: "Was this the one with the dead husband and his BF was in love with her Franchesca?
I really liked this one. Very different from the rest in the series. It almost didn't feel like a Bridgerton..."

Yup, thats the one.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Which is why I didn't like it (the "covetting his cousin's wife", not the "unlike the other Bridgerton Books" part).

Same reason why I TBH and I didn't get along either.

message 7: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments So far, I've only read The Duke And I. It was a little slow to get started, but the second half was wonderful. I loved Simon. I look forward trying the rest in the series.

message 8: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

The Duke and I wasn't my favorite either. The series definatly got better as they went on.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I have some of her books on hold at the library

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily (emdempster) | 5 comments I've been reading Julia Quinn non-stop for the past month or so. I've read the three in the Bevelstoke series and have made my way through 5 of the Bridgertons (well, I skimmed the one with Benedict since I'm not one for Cinderella-esque stories). I'll be starting When He Was Wicked today as soon as I can get my lovely children down for their naps. I just worry what I will possibly find to read once I've read all the Julia Quinn books?

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Emily wrote: "I've been reading Julia Quinn non-stop for the past month or so. I've read the three in the Bevelstoke series and have made my way through 5 of the Bridgertons (well, I skimmed the one with Benedi..."

Julie Garwood or Lisa Kleypas!

message 12: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Have to second Lisa Kleypas for sure... I'm reading her last Hathaway book right now... Fantastic. I haven't read any Garwood, so I can't second that one. I do have 'The Bride' and 'The Wedding' here to read though.

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily (emdempster) | 5 comments Wonderful ~ have added Lisa Kleypas to my wishlist and will be picking hers up next. I also added Julie Garwood's historical stuff. I'm so excited to have found this group!

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Shell wrote: "Have to second Lisa Kleypas for sure... I'm reading her last Hathaway book right now... Fantastic. I haven't read any Garwood, so I can't second that one. I do have 'The Bride' and 'The Wedding' he..."

Shell the Bride is my fav. of Garwoods!
I'm reading Love in the Afternoon too.

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I am just starting 'The Bride' 2nite.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) I love The Wedding The Wedding (Lairds' Fiancees, #2) by Julie Garwood and Prince Charming Prince Charming by Julie Garwood as well...so good.

message 17: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Does anyone know If Julia is working on another Novel? I adore her writing, haven't read a book I didn't like.. Need a Quinn fix, I think.