Chicks On Lit discussion

hunger games?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea i keep seeing this as a recommended book ... should i read it? is it a good series? too-far fetched? worth it?

also wondering about adriana trigani.. big stone gap series? havent read a series of book since twilight.. and looking to do so. tell me girls!!

message 2: by Sharon A. (new)

Sharon A. (sharona826) | 172 comments I'm reading it right now, and I love it. I've already ordered the sequel, Catching Fire.

It's a YA book so easy to get into, and it grabbed me from the first sentence. I'm not typically a big futuristic fantasy fan either.

message 3: by Wendy T (last edited Mar 03, 2010 11:05AM) (new)

Wendy T I'm also reading this book right now. This is an awesome book. I also have Catching Fire on order from the library.

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments I didn't really get into The Hunger Games :(

message 5: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
I loved both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and have even pre-ordered the third book Mockingjay (which comes out this summer) from Amazon. I say go for it with The Hunger Games. If you don't like it, don't read the other two. If you do like it then read the whole series! :o)

message 6: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments I LOVE the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I read them both in 3 days each.

message 7: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T I finished this book today and loved it. I really didn't want this book to end. I look so forward to reading Catching Fire.

message 8: by Britt☮ (new)

Britt☮ (genki_bee) Andrea wrote: "also wondering about adriana trigani.. big stone gap series?"

Haven't read Big Stone Gap, but I have read Very Valentine, which I think she is also turning into a trilogy. I liked it a lot!

message 9: by Britt☮ (last edited Mar 03, 2010 05:04PM) (new)

Britt☮ (genki_bee) Britt☮ wrote: "Haven't read Big Stone Gap, but I have read Very Valentine, which I think she is also turning into a trilogy. I liked it a lot!"

Oh, crap! The sequel's been out for almost a month! I'd better get on that :D Brava, Valentine: A Novel

message 10: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Honaker (carriehonaker) | 99 comments I loved, loved, loved Hunger Games and Catching Fire! Really quick reads!

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 269 comments I liked Big Stone Gap, but didn't read the others in that series. Very Valentine was very good, and I finished Brava, Valentine: A Novel about a week ago. Now I can't wait for the 3rd one.

The Hunger Games series seems to be very different than the ones by Andrea Trigiani, though. I'm going to wait until all 3 are published before even starting them! :-)

It depends on what fiction you like - contemporary, or YA, and futuristic.

message 12: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T The Big Stone Gap series is another I would like to get into this year. I'm add to my every growing list.

message 13: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments I really enjoyed The Hunger Games. It's a good series to get caught up in and very quick to read!

message 14: by Krys (new)

Krys (incognerdo) | 140 comments Honestly, I wasn't a fan of Hunger Games. It seemed really hyped up and I try to keep up with the stuff that my students would be reading... I didn't find *any* redeeming qualities to it. I thought Uglies was a much better popular YA read.

message 15: by AJ (new)

AJ (anersword) | 121 comments I thought Hunger Games was well structured, interesting, and creative. Catching fire disappointed me a little but I'm already hooked into the series, excited for the last one.