Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > HELP!!! I can't find a book.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (tngirlinsc) | 2 comments Can you guys please help me find a book? I just remember some of the things that are in it and the basic plot.

Its basically about a guy (might have a brother) who gets turned into a vampire while accepting a ride in a carriage from a woman. He cannot go back to see his family and watches them all die from afar over time. His younger sister thinks he is alive the whole time, but she too dies. Fastfoward some: there is going to be a battle (apolocypse kind of thing) and he's training basically peasants to fight. Falls in love. Etc. etc.

The "things" I remember are:
1. vampires
2. dragons
3. demons (including children demons)
4. human slaves kept in caves
5. final battle
6. field burned
7. castle
8. time travel / distance travel
9. caves
10. weapons training (various types)
11. archer
12. evil "master" vampire is female

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

APPRECIATE any help!!!

Thanks! :)

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Bair-Epps | 725 comments I don't know, but I'll be happy to learn the name, it sounds good

message 3: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Mar 02, 2010 03:51PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 1020 comments Mod
Not exactly sure, but it has some similarities to Nora Robert's Circle trilogy.

Morrigan's Cross (Circle trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts Valley of Silence (Circle trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts Dance of the Gods (Circle trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts

The vampire is Cian, who has a wizard for a brother. He was turned into a vampire by Lilith, who later they will battle for the world. They will later be joined by a witch, a shapeshifter(dragon), a warrior, and a scholar. The vampires kept humans in cages inside caves. The travel into time, to another place where the scholar is also a queen. They trained the people to prepare for the apocalyptic battle.

Those are the similarities that I can recall.

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments I really enjoyed this series, particularly book 3. When Nora Roberts gets it right, she really gets it right!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (tngirlinsc) | 2 comments THAT'S IT!!!!!!

Thank you so much! I was starting to think I'd made the story up. Almost decided I should write it!

message 6: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments I'd never heard of this, but it sounds kind of cool! I'll have to check it out.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 48 comments Got to add that to the list@