Start by marking “Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2)

Dance of the Gods

(Circle Trilogy #2)

Combining elements of the supernatural with gripping suspense and seduction, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts presents the second novel in her Circle Trilogy…

He saw where the earth was scorched, where it was trampled. He saw his own hoofprints left in the sodden earth when he’d galloped through the battle in the form of a horse. And he saw the woman who’d
Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Dance of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance of the Gods

♥ WishfulMiss ♥
5 ~ Team BlairKin (I ship them SO hard!) ~ Stars!!!

I liked Glenna and Hoyt in Morrigan's Cross but after reading DotG I'm in LOVE with Blair and Larkin. Because although I go ga-ga for a sweet romance, I go nuts for an opposites attract love story. And Blairkin is just that.

The Circle of Six continues to prepare for the ultimate battle. In DotG we get a closer look at the warrior, Blair (wow, can I just fangirl for a second on how awesome it is that a chick is a bad ass warrior in the circle
Jen
I always end this book with tears in my eyes. And it drives me crazy that, no matter how many times I've reread or will reread this book, I can never remember who the "old man" is. At the same time, though, I just know it's going to end up being Hoyt, Larkin, or, somehow/someway, Cian. It's a good thing I always have book three to read when I read this trilogy. Otherwise, I'd probably be driving myself crazy (crazier? lol) trying to remember. ;-)

Anyway, moving on. . . I LOVE that Geall, where ou
Terri Wino
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2016
3-1/2 stars

I definitely enjoyed book two much more than the first one. I felt the characters were more fully drawn, and I felt more connected to each one. There was more "meat" to this book as far as action and preparing for the impending battle. Definitely enjoyed the dynamic between Larkin and Blair and the development of their relationship.

Looking forward to book three and the showdown between good and evil and what I assume will also be the focus on Cian and Moira's story.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Set in the luscious green fields of Ireland, home of the undead Cian & sorcerer Hoyt, and training grounds of the Circle of Six, the warriors met Lora, the cunning French beauty brought up & sired by the evil tyrant, Lilith. When Blair failed to vaporize her on their first meeting, Lora swore to kill her in the end after numerous tries of luring the girl to join the coven. Larkin, the shifter of shapes, flew side by side with dragons in the air to keep Blair away from their nemesis. Two ...more
Allison Church
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is more of a 4.5 star, but I learned higher because it was very good. Some descriptions were lacking or only partially attempted. Other than that it was just as good as the first in the series.
Delora
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Possible Spoilers
Book 2 in the Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts.

Still narrated by an older gentleman who is sitting around a camp fire with a bunch of kids and knowing that there are some steamy sex scenes, is wrong on so many levels!! but the story continues..
 photo wrong_on_so_many_levels_540_zps413b2597.jpg

The story is basically detailing more information and giving more insight into the life of Blair Murphy, who is the warrior in a circle of six, chosen by the goddess Morrigan to defeat the vampire Lilith and her minions.
She has a hard time
Tati
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy

This book picks up where the first one ended: on the day after the night battle against the vampires. The circle decides to counter-attack in style, going to the mouth of the caves where Lilith is hiding. They succeed, albeit barely, and go back home. They settle back into their training routine until the time comes for them to go to Geall, where the final showdown will take place.

However, once there, they have trouble to convince the local populace that vampires are real and are coming for them
Anita
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I am just not feeling this whole trilogy. Book One was a big disappointment and Book Two isn't much better. The whole vampire vs. human war is tough for me. I am not a paranormal fan in any way. Okay, I do enjoy a good time travel tale and maybe a ghost story here and there, but witches and vampires and shape shifters, no thanks.

The goddess Morrigan has summoned 5 humans and one vampire to save the "worlds" from the evil vampire, Lilith. Last book they gathered and skirmished with Lilith's vampi
Sara ♥
Jun 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
September 13-17, 2012

Love love love Blair and Larkin!! :) So great together!! I can't read Book 1 without continuing to Book 2! Book 3.... I can skip to the ending. :) Blair ROCKS. She's powerful, but with serious vulnerabilities. and Larkin.... Oooooohhhh.... LOVE. He's sooooo great and SO great for HER, which, though they're fictional, is the most important thing! :)

August 9, 2009

Ah, Blair and Larkin... What fun!

This book is pretty fabulous! Blair has some serious issues (thanks to her terribl
 Marla
Not much happens in this book, but it doesn't matter, I still enjoyed it. Basically, this book is about Blair letting down her guard with Larkin and the group making small attacks on Lilith's vampires. The circle trains and finally goes to Geall. This books starts the day after the previous book ends, so don't wait too long between books.

The Circle of Six ~ sorcerer, witch, warrior, scholar, one of many forms and one who was lost. Lots of cool characters and very real in their interactions with
Jennifer Wheeler
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moms-books
It took a few chapters to get used to the switch of focus in characters, but if I’m being honest, I saw it coming. The next book will probably focus on Moira & Cian. I have he same opinion of this book as the last one. A bit cliché in the romance department, and you can see it coming a mile away, but the storyline is interesting enough.
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
I waited too long to review this but did review book #1 and will review book #3. It was an enjoyable trilogy to read - good characters and interesting plot. This one is book #2 and there are six main characters, each book features one couple but of course is an ongoing story - of a battle between good and evil.
Michele Kosel
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was way better than the first in the trilogy. I felt the first one was awkward but she really hit her stride on this one!
Kara Jorges
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second installment of the Circle trilogy is written as more of a traditional romance than the first, but sill contains plenty of magic and vampire dusting. The Six: Hoyt, the sorcerer; Glenna, the witch; Larkin, the shape-shifter; Blair, the demon hunter; Cian, the vampire; and Moira, the scholar, travel through the Dance of the Gods, after a heavy vampire attack, to the land of Geall, where Moira and Larkin came from. The impure were barred from the dance and Cian almost doesn’t get in, but ...more
Juana "Darkness" Duran
Feb 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
In Ireland the group of six; Glenna, Hoyt, Cain,Larkin, Miora, and Blair get ready to travel. But first they all have to get a plan that will make Lilith the vampire queen mad. They accomplish it when they go into her lair and release some of her prisoners and kill some of her prized fighters. Blair and her fellow fighters go back to the house, where she is confronted with a past love. Jeremy is used against Blair and for leaving her he pays dearly with his life, and that Blair is destroyed. Lar ...more
Jazzypom
Aug 06, 2008 rated it liked it
This book underscores the point that pretty spun sugar writings aren't enough to save a story.

Anyway, this buffy the slayer wanna be is introduced at the end of book one, when Cian's right hand gets killed. When I read that, I was like, "Hmmm, the first one to get killed from this happy band of brothers had to be a brother. Figures."

So Blair comes from a tribe of vampire hunters, her duty is holy, and descendants are trained, from father to son - but Blair breaks this rule by the fact that she
Carol Storm
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really loved this second book in the CIRCLE OF SIX Trilogy by Nora Roberts. The main romance is between Blair the vampire slayer from our world and Larkin the noble lord from Geall. But there's some very steamy foreshadowing of a romance between good queen Moira and the vampire Cian as well!

Since this book really belongs to Blair and Larkin, I want to comment on something no other reviewer has really discussed. That's the obvious way in which these characters are inspired by people on the lege
Ronda  Tutt
Feb 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Now this was a great book - I love stories that have dragons apart of the story.

The romance between Larkin and Blair is awsome. Now that the circle of 6 has come through the Dance of Gods, they are in Geall where the battle will be fought in the valley of silence. The group - Blair, Larkin, Moria, Cian, Hoyt, and Glenna start training the army for the battle that will come on Samhain (Holloween) in the Valley of Silence.

I think the best part of this book that I love the most is the fact the Lark
Lizabeth Tucker
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book Two of the Circle Trilogy. The preparation for the final fight against Lilith, Queen of the Vampyres, and her army of undead continues. The story now focuses on Larkin Riddock and Blair Murphy, the shapeshifter and the demon hunter.

Used to never being truly loved by the men in her life, Blair didn't believe she could have any type of future with Larkin. But she was willing to take enjoyment in the moment as she prepared for the upcoming apocalypse.

As the time grows closer to Samhain, the ci
Kathrynn
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Time-Travel Romance
Book #2 in the Circle Trilogy and this series should be read in order because each of the six "warriors" are the main characters in a book and their characters, relationships and events leading to the final showdown develop throughout the series.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The dialogue had me laughing out loud many times. Both Glenna (witch from book #1) and Blair--two modern women--mixed their personalities with the past. Refreshing.

Blair was the "demon hunter" and I enjoyed her feisty, ta
Ruby
I have been a Nora Roberts fan for quite some time now, but I must say I find this series to be disappointing. I haven't read the last book in the series yet, but I feel as if these first two books are just dragging their literary feet in order to fill up 600 pages before the big battle at Samhain, or whatever. It's dull to read 600 pages in which nothing really exciting happens. Yes, there's a skirmish here and there, but there's nothing exciting to keep me going because, well, we all know Robe ...more
Bridget
Feb 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Thenia
The story continues and this time our focus is on Blair, the warrior, and Larkin, the shapeshifter.

While the two are likeable characters that make a nice couple, despite being from different worlds, I was once again less than invested in their romance. I did like that they get to have their happy-for-now (as the story hasn't ended yet and they'll have to wait for ever-after), but the book left me wanting more, as I was more interested in the remaining couple and the story itself is still far fro
Kelly
Jan 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Nora Roberts is one of the only "romance novelists" that I can read, and this book is a classic example of why she has transcended that genre for me. In the first place, she limits the heavy sex scenes to approximately one a book - keeping the story interruptions to a minimum. For another, she weaves a beautiful plot in and around the romantic aspects of the story so that you really do feel like you are reading a beautifully written fantasy novel that just happens to have a sex scene or two in i ...more
Susana
1,5 stars

I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan. I love to read her romance/thriller novels as well as her "in death" series.

But although i had some great expectations regarding this trilogy, so far things are not working out. The story and the elements involved in it, unfortunately just felt too cliché, and i ended up bored senseless with it. Even more so that on the first book. Although i do prefer Blair and Larkin as a couple, than i do Glenna and Hoyt.

The only reason i didn't give up on this, was beca
Holly
Gah, I do adore this book as well as the first, but I always find myself rushing through it and thinking of what's to come. Because by the time I get into this one, all I want is to be reading Valley of Silence and being with my otp again. Moira and Cian are my forever faves, and I find myself remembering little moments between them and getting too impatient to GET to those moments. But I do love this one, even though it's not my favorite. I would say it might even be the weakest of the series? ...more
Kimz Zahour
Nov 11, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: roberts_jd_robb
I'll try to be vague, but... possible SPOILERS!
I enjoyed this book even better than the first and I can't wait to demolish the last book in this trilogy. It's like candy!
While reading the part where our Warrior Blair is alone in the forest with her thoughts near the gypsy’s wagon, it suddenly dawned on me who the storyteller might be. I'll email you my guess if you like. ;) But please don't confirm or deny... or tell me who it is. :P

Dana
Nov 18, 2008 rated it it was ok
It's an okay book. I'm having trouble really getting into this series. The characters just seem very one dimensional and there is no flow overall from book to book with the personal lives of the characters. I'd like to see more growth as opposed to a switch in focus from book to book.
Sandy Lender
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was ok
Nora threw everything including the kitchen sink in here. I didn't like the main character or the obnoxious guy who she was supposed to fall in love with. Now, I DID like the vampire and the growing tension between him and the princess from another dimension/reality. Very nice.

• Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
  • After Glow (Ghost Hunters, #2)
  • In the Blood (Darkwing Chronicles, #4)

Circle Trilogy (3 books)
  • Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1)
  • Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3)
“No point in wishing for what you can't have. - Blair

What's the point in wishing for what you can and do? - Larken”
0 likes