Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Fun Stuff > Game: Why Is The Hero In Your Book Bad? (No Spoilers Please)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4119 comments Mod
Today, we have started a dangerous bad boy reading challenge and I think that we should have a dangerous bad boy game to go along with the six books reading challenge.

Rule: Without spoiling the story, tell us why you find the hero to be a dangerous bad boy.

Share the name of the book and author.

Please keep the information clean!

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) One of my favorite bad boys is Karl Marsten. He features in the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. He's in Bitten, the wonderful short story "Chaotic" in Dates From Hell, Personal Demon and Living with the Dead.

Karl is a werewolf and a jewel thief. He makes sly, devious and selfish behaviour look sexy.

I picture him to look like this:

Photobucket
Photobucket

message 3: by Arch (new)

Mel, those are some nice pictures. In picture 2, he looks like his about to go do something bad. He has on gloves, so he will not leave fingerprints.

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) Exactly! I thought it to be very fitting :D

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
Mel, those are some droolworthy pictures. I need to read Karl's book. :)

Arch, you're so right.

message 6: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Mel, those are some droolworthy pictures. I need to read Karl's book. :)

Arch, you're so right."

lol

message 7: by Shannon (last edited Mar 11, 2010 11:58PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments Okay, I have many faves, but I'm going to go with one from my list of Bad Boys for the reading challenge.
Rhevenge from the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, feature story: Lover Avenged.

Rhev is a vampire with many dangerous secrets, a club owner into some shady business practices, and a guy who you would not want to meet in a dark alley. But damn if he doesn't make bad look especially good, true! There aren't many who could pull off being drop-dead sexy yet utterly-deadly and still attract the ladies! These pics are what I think Rhev would look like if combined to make one man(yes, fantasies and imagination are wonderful things, LOL):

[image error] This guy's hawk with...

This guy's arm tat and skin tone and...

The rest of this guy makes the perfect Rhev, IMO

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
I like the second two guys the best. The first guy looks like the bad guy from The Road Warrior.

message 9: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I like the second two guys the best. The first guy looks like the bad guy from The Road Warrior."

The second guy is The Rock.

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments I feel ya Danielle! The only thing going for guy #1 is the mohawk and chin hair, but I see Rhev with that doo for sure!

Yes, which is why I like his skin tone and Tats particularly. The Rock is smokin hot!

Man, you said it about The Rock. Very sexy!!!

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments Yeppers, The Rock is a sexy, sexy man! He's up there with Vin Diesel in the sexiness department!

High Five, Shannon. I love me some Vin Diesel!

message 14: by Shannon (last edited Mar 13, 2010 02:37PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 32 comments High Five back, Danielle! There is no other hottie like Vin! He is Delish!

Here's a couple of my favorite pics:

How could you not want this man in your bed?

One of my favorite scenes. Michelle Rodriguez is such a lucky lady!

Oh, thanks for giving my eyes such beauty to look at, Shannon. Vin is my man!!! But I'll share him with you.

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) Shannon (Savhage Temptress) wrote: "How could you not want this man in your bed?..."

I don't want him! You gals can have him ;)

message 17: by Arch (new)

I don't want Vin.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) So that's two people less they'll need to fight for him, right Arch?
I hope you're not into David Gandy (my Karl) either. Or Tyson Ballou, cause otherwise we'll need to fight over them...

message 19: by Arch (new)

Mel wrote: "So that's two people less they'll need to fight for him, right Arch?
I hope you're not into David Gandy (my Karl) either. Or Tyson Ballou, cause otherwise we'll need to fight over them..."

lol, Mel. No, I'm not into your David and Tyson either.

It's nice to know we won't all have to fight over men. I do like the second picture with David Gandy, but I know he's all yours, Mel. :)

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) Heheheeh :)

message 22: by Arch (new)

I don't know if others will agree with me, but I find Reno from Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart, to be a rebel.

I don't know just yet, what made him become this way, but eventually, I will.

I love Reno. *Swoon*

message 24: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I love Reno. *Swoon*"

Am I right to say that he's a rebel? or am I wrong?

Definitely a rebel!

message 26: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Definitely a rebel!"

I'm going to go dive in the book in a few. A part of me want to start chapter five to my story and right now, I am listening to some music. When I start listening to music, sometimes, it take me a while to move to do anything else.

Enjoy!

message 28: by Arch (new)

Reno is bad, because he broke a promise. Danielle, should know what I am talking about.

I do. :)