We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Member's Questions > Possible Mini Series

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments What is your ultimate pick for(does not have to be LK )....

book I have to read every year.....

and

book I wish they would make into a movie......

Every year I have to read in full or parts of

After Innocence

and the one book i just wish they would make into a movie is Sugar Daddy

:-) I'm sure you all know why....

message 2: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 99 comments GAGE???? That's exactly how I feel about "Smooth Talking Stranger" with one exception JACK!!!

message 3: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Yes, Gage - my ultimate love... I get swooony thinking about him.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Wish they would do the entire Travis family in a mini series.

Or the Wallflowers would be an awesome mini series as well.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments That's a tough one for me.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

The Bronze Horseman, Tatiana and Alexander and The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons

I think they would both be great HBO mini series or movies. although they will never live up to the movie in my mind. I do still wish they would make it to the big screen.

I own and reread them always!

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin  | 361 comments I'd be happy if they just made more either TV Mini Series or Made for TV Full Length movies based on Historical Romance books regardless of the author. The only ones I can think of who have had at least one of theirs done are Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell.

message 8: by Amar (new)

Amar | 118 comments If done right (big IF here), I would love to see LK's Travis series done...I love the Travis men and of course, Hardy!

message 9: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I would have to INSIST on doing the screenplay, casting, and directing of Sugar Daddy!!! :-)

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin  | 361 comments Jack from Smooth Talking Stranger gets my vote but unfortunately I'm not good with who's who when it comes to actors so I can't do casting very well. I'd be happy just to be an extra or better yet an assistant doing whatever needed to be done.

I'd still like to see more Historical one's though.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Can I be your assistant, Bekah? :)

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments I have to reread Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon at least twice a year and at least skim through Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon , which basically means I study and reread the good Jamie/Claire parts over and over and then barely skim the rest of it, lol. Can you blame me?

The book I'd like to see made into a movie: This is a tough one. I think Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon would be wonderful if they made it into an HBO series. Can you imagine, week after week of Jamie, oh man, I think my heart just stopped for a moment. A movie wouldn't be able to do it justice time wise.

I would love to see any LK book made into a movie. I love historical but I would also like her Travis Series as a movie.

I think that the Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer books would make a good YA movie. Not as good as Harry Potter, but better than Twilight and Percy Jackson.

I feel like we are all in need of a good man-in-kilt movie, therefore any of Julie Garwoods historicals would be great.

message 13: by Amar (new)

Amar | 118 comments Not to be sexist (who am I kidding?!) but I think there needs to a 'casting couch' for the Travis men auditions ;-)

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments Amar wrote: "Not to be sexist (who am I kidding?!) but I think there needs to a 'casting couch' for the Travis men auditions ;-)"

very good idea, I love Jack, don't we all? lol

message 15: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Can I be your assistant, Bekah? :)"

absolutely!!!!!

message 16: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert I have read A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux 2 or 3 times a year every year since 1989 or 1990. So I would love to see that made into a movie. But it would have to be done PERFECTLY or I would never recover. :)

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Thanks, Bekah! I kind of like the casting couch idea. J/K!

Megan, I would love an Artemis Fowl movie. I hope that Eoin Colfer writes some AF books with him as a grown up. He'd be a sexy guy grown up. Am I sick to think that? :)

message 18: by Sonya (new)

Sonya  L  (momsbooks) | 6 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thanks, Bekah! I kind of like the casting couch idea. J/K!

Megan, I would love an Artemis Fowl movie. I hope that Eoin Colfer writes some AF books with him as a grown up. He'd be a sexy guy g..."

Nissie wrote: "I have read A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux 2 or 3 times a year every year since 1989 or 1990. So I would love to see that made into a movie. But it would have to be done PERFECTLY or I ..."

Nissie: Does Knight in Shining Armor have a HEA

message 19: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert Well,Sonya, it's funny, but the first 100 times I read it, I wasn't really sure lol! But yeah I think it does. It just takes about 500 years for it to happen-literally! The ending is the great debate among myself and some of my friends and family who have read it. But it is a time travel story so....

message 20: by Sydnee (new)

Sydnee (defygravity18) | 41 comments The Wallflowers. We don't get enough historical movies now...it's all bad romantic comedies

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments A Wallflowers mini-series would be awesome. I hope that BBC does it!

message 22: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Man-oh-man! Probably in a hundred years someone will deem Kleypas as a genius and then do the Wallflowers.

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Not to sound selfish, but I hope it's in my lifetime. LOL!

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Ditto!