Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Would You Take Writing as a Career Option? Why?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gauri (new)

Gauri Godale (gaurigodale) I do wish to be a writer ,there are many reasons 4 it and so I want to know what others feel.plz coment

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

no I couldn't live off of it I would do it as a hobby and mabye go carrer if it was one of the biggest books ever

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 47 comments hi.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

hi

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 47 comments wazzup

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 290 comments Gauri wrote: "I do wish to be a writer ,there are many reasons 4 it and so I want to know what others feel.plz coment"

i love to right.

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 47 comments yes i would because I love to write.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I want to be a novelist. But I'll be a journalist for a while to make a living in between novels.

message 9: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 10786 comments I think I would love to..but my other job would be a prof at University or even a Librarian there. But I'd be cool. (they get paid A LOT)

message 10: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
I really want to take writing into a career when I'm older. Twould be awesome-- it's actually a dream of mine. But then there isn't always a lot of money in writing, so I would probably have to do something else to :/ I've been thinking about digital art, or something to do with animals.

message 11: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments I DEFINITELY want writing to be my career. Here are a few reasons why:

1) I can be a stay at home mom and wife while doing so (unless I'm uber popular or something for some reason ;D Haha)
2) It's so easy for me!
3) It's been my dream since forever.
4) I would love to get paid for what I love doing.

Among other reasons.

message 12: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Bahaha. Oh yes. Totally. That is one of my main reasons. I don't know how I forgot that! ;) Haha. I'll remain active in this group as long as I can manage it! I love it! :) ♥

message 13: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Hahahahaha! That made me laugh so hard! xD I don't want to grow up :( Starting this birthday I'm going back in years. So this year I'll be 15! Whoo!

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 290 comments Stay at home mom would be hard. I want to write songs and sing them and I want to act whicth is way I've started writing at my age and what to get published this year. Money=freedom. And if you've lived like I have you truly understand the meaning of that.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments I would want to be:
1) Author
2) Soundtrack writer
3) Screenplay editor
4) Director
5) Actor
6) Poet
7) Cosmologist (studies space and it's wonders, not makeup)
8) Hairdresser
9) Makeup artist
10) Editor of things besides scripts

So....most of my planned life consists of writing, yes.

message 16: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments I don't think I could do it for a living because I couldn't live off of it and I would need a break from it every so often....

but I'm considering being a librarian, illustrator (for ANYTHING), graphic designer, something like that. When I get stuck in my writing I can do something visual for a while and vice versa.

message 17: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments I would-but it would be hard to live of it.

message 18: by Annemarie, hi (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
I like to go places, like I like the idea of getting up and going to work everyday. I think I would go crazy if I just had to be cooped up in my house writing for hours on end.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm... I think I would consider it as a career option but I have backup plans incase it doesn't work out...

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 290 comments Money=freedom means you can aford a house or at very leas an apartment and be stable. Stay with your friends. Get used to ONE SINGLE criculem and be ahead by a grade in math. Take acting, singing and dance classes. Go to summer camp. Play all the sports you would want to. Have a privite tude to keep your grades above a C. Need I go on.

message 21: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Jayda wrote: "Hahahahaha! That made me laugh so hard! xD I don't want to grow up :( Starting this birthday I'm going back in years. So this year I'll be 15! Whoo!"

Haha. My friend's mum does that, but she counts back from 50. I'm turning fifteen in April... so we are, sorta, the same age. (?) :/ Lol.

message 22: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments Haha. I wish that we were the same age! My life is going by too fast right now :(

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 954 comments I am probably not going to take on writing as a career. I love to write and all, but honestly, I don't think I'm going to make enough money for me to live comfortably.

message 24: by Jayda (new)

Jayda | 2761 comments I don't care how much money I make off of it xD My first priority is to be a wife and mom. SO, my hubby will be working :)

message 25: by Kriss (new)

xD I think I'd love to just be an author. I'm leaning towards doing digital art as well, but having writing be my main career. For some reason I feel as if this will potentally make me into a social hermit :/

message 26: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Lol. I think life just goes by too quickly in general to be honest.
I have two major career goals atm that I haven't changed in about a year or two: I tend to change often.

1-Lawyer/Author

Hehe. I can't pick which one deserves the title of 'first' so they have to share.

message 27: by Kriss (new)

I don't really care all that much about the money. I just want enough to make a life out of... And then I want to continue to make just what I need by doing something I love.

message 28: by Kriss (new)

:)

message 29: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments I totally agree with that. But with the way some people on here write I doubt that you guys would need another job cause you will be best selling authors. Lol. Just don't forget about us little people!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

haha. I hope I'd be able to live off my writing, but then again I've allways wanted to go into criminal justice... sooo...

message 31: by Summer (new)

Summer | 193 comments I think so. I want to be a novelist and sell paintings/drawings on the side. Sort of my goal.

message 32: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Nice. Very artistic.

message 33: by Summer (new)

Summer | 193 comments Haha. Also very hard to make a living at. I don't know how I'll manage.

message 34: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments You will manage if you wan to manage.
"If you care at all,
you'll get some results.
If you care enough,
you'll get incredible
results."

-That is on the wall of my mums study area- where I currently am-. She has this page just full of quotes. Lol.

message 35: by Summer (new)

Summer | 193 comments That's awesome haha. I need one of those. Problem is I don't run into good quotes all that often.

message 36: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Search google. That's the answer to everything! Lol.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Google!

message 38: by Summer (new)

Summer | 193 comments Tis true. Google has saved my butt in so many situations.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here. Although sometimes it's not very helpful... *sighs*

message 40: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Haha. Yeah, I know; Google has the answers to everything.

message 41: by Summer (new)

Summer | 193 comments I hate it when you type in something and you get something about a band name even though you were searching for a disease.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Indeed.

message 43: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 870 comments Really? I'm trying to think about what name you're talking about... but I'm coming up blank! :/

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love publish my work but I also want to act and sing. I think If I start acting/singing first I would publish my work under another name so I know if people actually like my writting and they didn't just read it because they saw me on tv or in a movie or whatever..

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 290 comments I'll publish under the first letter of my first name, my middle name and my last name.

message 46: by SQUEAK! (Lisa) (new)

SQUEAK! (Lisa) (fictionheart) I love writing and I want to be a published writer when I'm older. It started as me just getting through life with this as a hobby, but now I can't stop writing and all my friends love my stories. My parents encourage me to follow my dreams. And writing is and will always be, forever more, my passion... even if my mom says I need to get a teaching certificate -_-... oh well, more time for me to write if I'm a teacher rather than an architect.

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 290 comments True. My english teacher is writing a noval

message 48: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 954 comments For the past two years, I've wanted to be a psychiatrist. xD

message 50: by Jed (new)

Jed (jedh) | 32 comments I would love to write for a career but it would be pretty hard living or dieing(?) on people buying my books not very good odds of success so maybe for fun or a pass time or just as a side job

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.