The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

General Chat > What character crossover would you like to see?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joeyjoejo (new)

Joeyjoejo | 17 comments Any characters you like - who would you like to see team up (or take on each other) in a story?

Michael Connelly and Robert Crais have made passing references to each other's characters Harry Bosch and Elvis Cole in books but I'd love to see a combo book following the story from both sides through to the conclusion.

Or maybe Jack Reacher is in Minneapolis being harassed by Lucas Davenport but turns out they're after the same bad guys.

So that kind of thing - you get the idea.

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Lynley and Kurt Wallander give romance a whirl.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 8229 comments Maybe Kinsey Millhone (from Sue Grafton's books) could give some lessons to Stephanie Plum (from Janet Evanovich's books)

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara (karav) | 7 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Lynley and Kurt Wallander give romance a whirl."

I am disappointed that "The Man From Beijing" is Wallander-less.....

message 5: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl Unfortunately, Mankell is done with Wallander. After he finished the Wallander series, he wrote a book of stories called The Pyramid: And Four Other Kurt Wallander Mysteries which give the back story of Wallander's career - the early years.

message 6: by Kara (new)

Kara (karav) | 7 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Unfortunately, Mankell is done with Wallander. After he finished the Wallander series, he wrote a book of stories called The Pyramid: And Four Other Kurt Wallander Mysteries which g..."

I haven't given up! The reviews for Man from Beijing almost all cite missing Wallender (there is a good one in the Guardian I think). Perhaps Mankell will change his mind. It is like Ruth Rendell casting off Inspector Wexford, it's not right.

message 7: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35534 comments Maybe it will work out like it did with Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes. He tried to kill him off. But the public made him bring him back.

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Rubin (carrierubin) How about Kinsey Millhone (from the Sue Grafton series) and Precious Ramotswe (from The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency)? That would be a fun combination. Of course, they'd have to land on the same continent together. :)

message 9: by Walter (new)

Walter Danley (walterdanley) | 44 comments Don't any of you want Odd Thomas to find the love of his life? I'm thinking that if he found Nora Charles ordering his famous pancakes at the diner, that would lead to some interesting stories!

message 10: by R.M.F. (new)

R.M.F. Brown | 239 comments Does it have to be characters from crime novels? Because I'd love to see Van Helsing leap over from Dracula to the Twilight novels and put those moaning teens out of their misery!

message 11: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) | 14 comments I want to see Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn work with Alex Cross from James Patterson's books. But I do like the idea of seeing Van Helsing in Forks.

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 571 comments R.M.F. , Lol, rolf....

message 13: by David (new)

David Freas (quillracer) | 2310 comments I'd like to see Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch hook up with James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux. In a couple books by Connelly, he mentions the bait shop Robicheaux runs in Burke's books.
Plus Bosch and Robicheaux are two of a kind - both dedicated and driven to find the guilty no matter the personal cost to themselves.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to see James Patterson put Alex Cross in San Francisco to work a case with Lindsay Boxer and the rest of the Women's Murder Club. He teased it at the end of an Alex Cross book a couple years ago but then nothing came of it. I was very disappointed.

message 15: by N (new)

N | 304 comments Jack Reacher and Maggie O'Dell :)

message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielleleneedavis) | 41 comments Kinsey Millhone (Sue Grafton series) and Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich). I think Stephanie would get on Kinsey's nerves. Maybe they'll fight.

message 17: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielleleneedavis) | 41 comments R.M.F wrote: "Does it have to be characters from crime novels? Because I'd love to see Van Helsing leap over from Dracula to the Twilight novels and put those moaning teens out of their misery!"

Now, that's funny!

message 18: by David (new)

David Freas (quillracer) | 2310 comments Danielle wrote: "Kinsey Millhone (Sue Grafton series) and Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich). I think Stephanie would get on Kinsey's nerves. Maybe they'll fight."

And maybe Stephanie would learn how not to be a ditz from Kinsey.

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielleleneedavis) | 41 comments How about Stephanie's grandma dating Henry (Kinsey's neighbor)?

message 20: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielleleneedavis) | 41 comments Quillracer wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Kinsey Millhone (Sue Grafton series) and Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich). I think Stephanie would get on Kinsey's nerves. Maybe they'll fight."

And maybe Stephanie would learn ho..."

I think Stephanie enjoys being a ditz.

message 21: by David (new)

David Freas (quillracer) | 2310 comments She may enjoy being a ditz but she annoyed me so much by not learning a single thing over 5 books that I stopped reading her.

message 22: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielleleneedavis) | 41 comments Quillracer wrote: "She may enjoy being a ditz but she annoyed me so much by not learning a single thing over 5 books that I stopped reading her."

I stopped reading her too, but I've read most of them. I finally gave up. I'd read it if Kinsey stopped by though.

message 23: by Dalton (new)

Dalton | 1 comments I would like to see Stephanie Plum & Jackson Brodie running wild in England with Det. Louise Monroe & Harry Bosch in hot pursuit.