Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Secret Chick exchange info and sign up *UPDATED 3/18 Please check in**

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2560 comments Mod
Please sign up here if you want to participate in our exchange.

This is how it will work
1) Everyone who signs up does so as a committment to participate. Do NOT sign up if you think you can not, might not, want to but not sure. It really stinks for someone to put their name in only to be forgotten or unattended to by the chick who got their name.
2) Send me your name and address and answers to questions below as confirmation that you are participating
3) At deadline for gathering names I will send each of you a name and address of a fellow chick. This will be your secret chick.
4) Keep this chick in mind as you go about your days and gather, create or buy something for your secret chick no more than 5.00
5) By designated time please WRAP and send your gift.
6) Once you recieve your gift hold onto it until scheduled opening day.
7) On opening day open your gift and come back here to express thanks from your secret chick and get to know them even better!

Dates to know
Deadline for signing up March 4th
Deadline for shipping March 13th
Opening day March 25th

Questions to send with your confirmation

My favorite book is ?
My favorite author is ?
My favorite color is ?
My favorite food is ?
My favorite smell is ?
My favorite season is ?
When I'm not reading I like to ?
Something fun to know about me is ?
Some other hobbies I enjoy are ?

Elizabeth (Alaska) I'm in. Thanks, Tera.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I am looking forward to this. I'm in too! Thanks!

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica (imelda85) This sounds like so much fun! Thanks so much Tera, I will definitely participate!

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm in too!

message 7: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Tera, is this a one time deal or will we be giving gifts throughout the year?

message 8: by Leshawn (new)

Leshawn | 55 comments I'm in too!

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments I'm in, Tera!

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I am in

message 11: by Mandy Sue (new)

Mandy Sue (mettakaruna) | 811 comments I second Jennifer W.'s question. If this is a one time thing I can commit. Otherwise I can't.

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli I think Tera wants to do it as a one time deal this year....

message 13: by Meg (last edited Feb 23, 2010 07:29PM) (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I am in
Are we having a price limit?

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli It's a 5 dollar limit Meg

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (ajourneyinreading) | 390 comments I'm in!!!!

message 16: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I'm in, too!

message 17: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2560 comments Mod
Yeah I think we will only do it once. 5.00 limit. Be sure to GR message me with your question answers that is how I'm determining who is in.

message 18: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments I know one more thing I'd like to mention about the exchange...I'd really like to know what book (s) would be on my secret pals wish list to own. Last year I checked out the bookshelf but couldn't tell which ones she already had.
Just a thought.

Very excited about this!!! :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Can't wait to find out who my secret Chick is!!!

Cindy, there's a new automatic "wishlist" shelf for everyone on gr's so maybe that will help you this year!

message 20: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments where is the wishlist, sounds like fun

Elizabeth (Alaska) I didn't know about the automatic wish list, but I made my own shelf. My To Read shelf contains only those books I actually own but haven't read.

message 22: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Yea...Jo...where is this and how do you do it? It does sound fun, thanks for mentioning it!
My Library To Read shelf is the shelf I use for books I want (or want to read) but don't own.

message 23: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments I'm in please!

message 24: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Feb 26, 2010 06:22PM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) If you go to "My Books" at the top of your page & click on that, it will being you to a page with all of your "shelves" listed in the left hand column. Scroll towards the bottom of the list of shelves and you'll see "wish list." What this does is actually add these books for the Goodreads books "swap" (which you can find under "Explore" at the top of your page) which is like paperback swap but no fees. Any books added to this shelf will that come up for the "swap" as available will generate a gr's message to you that it's become available, which you can disregard.

I've added books that I may want to get through the swap and some I just wish I had! You can add to the wish list shelf as you would any other shelves.

message 25: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Thanks Jo, I'll check it out for sure!

message 26: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) I'm in!

message 27: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) Tera wrote: "Please sign up here if you want to participate in our exchange.

This is how it will work
1) Everyone who signs up does so as a committment to participate. Do NOT sign up if you think you can n..."

Do I send you a personal note with the answers to the questions?

message 28: by Holli (last edited Feb 27, 2010 07:10AM) (new)

Holli Yes Kathryn-- send Tera a personal message with your answers and she'll sign you up :)

message 29: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments I will like to sign up if this is a one time gift exchange...did I misunderstand that it was a once a month thing? I need more coffee

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) No worries Cyn! It's a one time thing, like last year, not once a month.

message 31: by Claire (new)

Claire Talbot Sounds fun - count me in!

message 32: by Holli (new)

Holli Claire and Cyn, be sure to message Tera with the answers to her questions up there in her first post :)

message 33: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments Thanks, Jo, and I did message her..thanks for the reminder, Holli!

message 35: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments I love these, don't you?

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) It's rather exciting, isn't it?! :~)

message 37: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Oh ahahhaha. I forgot to post here despite that I messaged Tera what feels like ages ago!

message 38: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) Oh boy, oh boy! I'm in! So exciting!

*whispers* I don't know if I'll be able to WAIT to open it!

Ha-ha, I'll never tell! :D (I'm as bad as a little kid. Except MY excuse is that I'm old :D

Elizabeth (Alaska) Rose, I'm like you. We always waited until Christmas morning, but the last few years it has been Christmas Eve and getting earlier and earlier then.

message 40: by Britt☮ (new)

Britt☮ (genki_bee) I hope the group does this again! My life is kind of insanely busy right now, but I'd love to participate in a future exchange!

message 41: by Corinna (new)

Corinna (vegasnative) | 70 comments I'd like to join in! Sounds fun!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Corinna wrote: "I'd like to join in! Sounds fun!"

Just in time Corinna! Today's the deadline to sign up. Send Tera a message with your answer's to the questions in her first post at the top of this thread here.

message 43: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2560 comments Mod
I'm actually going to extend the deadline to end of day today since my internet has been down. Ill start going through them this weekend and get things organized but I haven't been able to access information like I needed to until today. Thanks,
Tera

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Great Tera! Thanks again so much for organizing this and the bookmark swap And the cookbook! Much appreciated!

message 45: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments so how do we do the cookbook?

message 46: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2560 comments Mod
I wanted to space things out a bit so no one (self included) didn't feel overwhelmed if they wanted to participate in all things. In the weeks to come Ill share the cookbook information, until then be gathering those recipes :)

message 47: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments ok, sounds deliciously fun!

message 48: by Claire (new)

Claire Talbot OK - I messaged Tera last week, but have not gotten any response back. Should I be concerned? If it is already arranged, and people are paired off, that is OK, just let me know! Thanks, Claire

message 49: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2560 comments Mod
Sorry Claire and everyone else. I got everyones messages I just had my internet down until Friday and then my birthday and stuff. I extended the deadline till Saturday so I will be getting names and pairing people up this week. Trying to stagger this with the bookmark swap and stay on top of both. Should be good but I didn't have time to message everyone back that I got their message. I will post when I hand out everyone's names and if at that time you haven't gotten a message let me know and Ill fix it. That should be happening by weeks end.
Thanks for being patient,
Tera

message 50: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) Not to worry Tera, we're all very patient. Happy belated bithday - did you get good stuff??? Don't you just feel naked when your internet goes down....it's amazing how it's an integral part of our lives!

« previous 1 3 4