Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Specific IR Book Talk > Feedback on Interracial Book You're Considering Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Feb 22, 2010 01:12PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
The purpose of this thread is to ask questions about an IR book you're interested in reading. I've often found that blurbs are very generic, and don't help me to know if I want to read a book or not. I thought it might be helpful to have a thread for this.

You are welcome (but not required) to use this format when asking your question:

1. Have you read ........ by .......?
2. What is it about?
3. Do you recommend it?
4. What is the heat index (sweet, sensual, erotic)?
5. I don't care for this plot element ........ Does this book have that plot?
6. Interracial Pairing? BW/WM, BM/WW, BW/AM, WW/AM, LM/WW, etc.

If you are replying with spoilers, please use a spoiler space.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Feb 22, 2010 01:35PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Has anyone read A Lover's Wish by Kadian Tracy?
Here's the synopsis off Amazon.com:
All her life, Kianna Sanderson has wanted to travel.- On her sixteenth birthday, she got her first job and began hoarding money away in a secret account to go to the first place on her list, China.- Over the years she developed an obsession with Chinese culture and she wanted to live it first hand.- After her mother-s death, she had to use her savings to pay for her mother-s funeral and that leaves her defeated, depressed and dying slowly on the inside. She begins going through her days just on automation until she meets her new boss.

Dao Zhi takes one look at Kianna Sanderson and something inside of him snaps.- He wants to get to know her better so he hires her to be his personal assistant in the record label he owns.- But soon, a family emergency has him rushing back to China, taking Kianna with him.- Now, he has to deal with Kianna-s low view of herself, his family-s emergency and everything else that comes with courting a woman outside his culture.

What's the heat index if you've read it?
I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6563 comments Mod
Thanks for creating this thread Danielle. It will come in handy.

Question: Is this questionnaire for books that haven't been reviewed by a friend? Some people only rate a book and not review it.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

It's for either/or. I have noticed most of the IR books don't get a written review. If they do, someone might still want more information.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "It's for either/or. I have noticed most of the IR books don't get a written review. If they do, someone might still want more information."

Okay. That helps.

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments

Eugenia I read Blindsided a few months ago or longer,when I get home I will answer the questions(have to double check with the book before I give you wrong answers) Lol

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments
Aww thanks Eugenia that is very nice of you to say :)

message 8: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
This is an awesome idea! Sometimes I wonder about a book also but would love an opinion on someone who has read it. Thanks for starting this thread, Danielle!

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Well, you're more than welcome. Hey some folks I trust, some I don't and you're one I do.

Hey, if anybody has seen a rating for a book I've read and want to know more ask me. I know I rarely ev..."

Good deal! Thanks Eugenia! :-) Will do.

message 10: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Has anyone read Loving Jiro by Jordyn Tracey??

Here's the blurb: Kiara is in an abusive relationship, which she can't seem to get free of. Every day is filled with fear and struggle to make ends meet, hustling her artistic skills on the streets. When Jiro, a sexy Japanese man, walks into the community center where she teaches children to draw and paint, he takes her breath away. While Jiro promises if Kiara comes to him, he will never hurt her, he is also used to man-woman relationships from his culture, and Kiara doesn't understand the rules. On top of that, he is a cold-blooded assassin, and refuses to change. How can Kiara love a man as unyielding as Jiro coming from the experience she leaves behind?

It's BW/AM.

Do you recommend it?
What is the heat index (sweet, sensual, erotic)?
And also the violent content as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide info! :-)

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

1. Have you read Fire and Ice by Anne Stuart?

2. What is it about? Hero? Is he a good bad boy?

3. Do you recommend it? Do you think that I would like this book?

4. What is the heat index (sweet, sensual, erotic)? If not erotic, is the love scene(s) detailed?

5. I don't care for this plot element ........ Does this book have that plot? N/A for now.

6. Interracial Pairing? BW/WM, BM/WW, BW/AM, WW/AM, LM/WW, etc (Please share)

message 12: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Feb 22, 2010 03:47PM) (new)

Arch, I haven't read Fire and Ice but I have started the Ice series by Anne Stuart and she's pretty awesome. She doesn't write erotic love scenes. I'd say they were more sensual, detailed but not too much that it become squicky. The violent content may be a bit in detail though. Usually she really writes hardcore bad boys who are just so bad they rather swing back around to good lol. Danielle would probably give a good feedback F&I but I definitely recommend the series because it's pretty awesome. Plus I blame Danielle for getting me addicted to it. :-D

Oops, forgot to add the pairing info: AM/WW.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae wrote: "Arch, I haven't read Fire and Ice but I have started the Ice series by Anne Stuart and she's pretty awesome. She doesn't write erotic love scenes. I'd say they were more sensual, detailed but not t..."

Thanks Rae.

I like a good bad boy.

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Eugenia I saw that book a week ago and now can't find the bloody thing!!
Oh well here goes nothing....eeek

1. Have you read Blindsided by Tammy Williams...Yes I have

2. What's the storyline? I don't want to give away too much... It startes out as a no-strings attached affair but developes with some surprises!

3. Would you recommend it? Oh yes I would!

4. I think I know the heat index but definites are better than maybe, what is the heat index? Umm I can't remember lol

5. There are not many plots I'm not willing to give at least one chance, besides too stupid to live. What is this one like? This is pretty good plot

6. I already know it's an interracial pairing.

PS
Tammy Williams wrote a book called Choices before this and the characters show up in Blindsided..I haven't read it.

Hope you get something out of this..lol

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1362 comments Danielle- this is a good idea. I try to review as many books as possible but sometimes, you know, I have nothing to say or am just too tired. LoL. But this is a good way to get an 'on demand' mini-review and able to get some interactive feedback.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Arch wrote: "Rae wrote: "Arch, I haven't read Fire and Ice but I have started the Ice series by Anne Stuart and she's pretty awesome. She doesn't write erotic love scenes. I'd say they were more sensual, detail..."

--I've read this. It's one of my favorites, but Reno is a very bad boy. The love scenes are detailed, but not what I'd consider erotic. Like Rae said, they have quite a bit of violence, since Reno and Summer are on the run from bad guys. The cool thing (in my warped mind, anyway) is that Reno is part of the Japanese Yakuza through his grandfather. I recommend this one.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'm glad you guys think this thread will be helpful!

Rae I have Loving Hiro in the pile. I'll let you know what I think of it.

message 18: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "--I've read this. It's one of my favorites, but Reno is a very bad boy. The love scenes are detailed, but not what I'd consider erotic. Like Rae said, they have quite a bit of violence, since Reno and Summer are on the run from bad guys. The cool thing (in my warped mind, anyway) is that Reno is part of the Japanese Yakuza through his grandfather. I recommend this one."

The Japanese Yakuza is a gang, right? I remember seeing a special on Japanese gangs years ago.

I'll see if I can handle the violence.

When you say that Reno is a very bad boy. I might just like him. I like Asian guys too.

Now down to the sex scene. You have said they are detailed. Detailed as in the author saying what they are doing with what? Dirty talk?

I can alway skip the love scenes.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

The Yakuza is the major crime syndicate of Japan, and they have branched out to other places with a large Japanese population. Wikipedia has a good article, if you're interested.

Reno is a very bad boy. :)

The sex scenes are not too detailed, but they are steamy. I say read one, if you don't like it, just skip the other ones. I think they are very well done.

message 20: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "The Yakuza is the major crime syndicate of Japan, and they have branched out to other places with a large Japanese population. Wikipedia has a good article, if you're interested.

Reno is a very..."

Okay. I'll do that.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I hope you like Fire and Ice. I thought it was a fun, satisfying read.

message 22: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I hope you like Fire and Ice. I thought it was a fun, satisfying read."

I'll write a review after I finish it.

message 23: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'm glad you guys think this thread will be helpful!

Rae I have Loving Hiro in the pile. I'll let you know what I think of it."

Great! Thank you, Danielle. I look forward to your thoughts.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

YW, and Arch, I look forward to your review!

message 25: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "YW, and Arch, I look forward to your review!"

Does the book falls under one of the bad boy reading challenge? If so, I can't start reading it until March or after.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Yes, it certainly does. Reno is a criminal and a spy. Go for it!

message 27: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yes, it certainly does. Reno is a criminal and a spy. Go for it!"

Okay, I will read it. Thanks for the information.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

YW!

message 29: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Has anyone checked out any Kelley Nyrae books? She has some interesting premises but I'm wondering what her writing is like. Is it too spicy? How are her heroines?

Thanks to anyone who can offer feedback! :-)

message 30: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hmm, perhaps I should say I like sensual especially when it works on an emotional level rather than TMI sex scenes focusing on the physical end point. A short primer for me: if the hero and heroine's privates are treated like secondary characters with thoughts, minds, actions and feelings of their own (in descriptive detail), it's most likely a pass for me.

message 31: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Awesome Lol. Thanks, Eugenia. That actually helps tons! I shall check out some of her work. :-)

message 32: by PT (last edited Apr 17, 2010 06:50PM) (new)

PT (spinsterpt) | 319 comments Has anyone read Dmitry's Closet by Latravia Nelson? If so, would you recommend it?

message 33: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I read Dmitry's Closet recently and would definitely recommend it. Great drama and suspense. Yummy hero, great action and sensual love scenes. It quickly went up on my keeper shelf.

Here's my full review and thoughts if you'd like to check it out. I tried to avoid spoilers because the book has a lot of great twists and turns in it. :-)

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 34: by PT (new)

PT (spinsterpt) | 319 comments Thanks, Rae. Your review was certainly helpful :)

message 35: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Apr 17, 2010 06:58PM) (new)

Np! Glad to be of help. :-D

Hope you enjoy the read!

message 36: by Loni (new)

Loni | 406 comments Dmitry's Closet is a great read. The sequel is coming out July 5th. It's called Dmitry's Royal Flush.

message 37: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Has anyone read Suite Seduction & if so, is it any good?

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

LL, I haven't read it. It's in my pile, though. I think that a couple of girls on here have read it.

message 39: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1362 comments LL, I read about 1/3 of it. I put it down, it wasn't catching me. It was actually nicely written, the writers are quite good. There were no eye-rolling groaners. I did think it was nice that race wasn't a big deal (at least in the part I read).

I think I needed more conflict or something a little meatier. The gist of the conflict was that he wanted to marry b/c she was preggers and she didn't want to marry b/c she had already had a bad marriage once. And they tug of war over that issue.

Despite the title and book cover, it is not an erotic book. It reads like a nice Harlequin.

message 40: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Thanks, Tina. I'm not a huge fan of the "Oops, I Forgot a Condom & Now Your a Daddy!" plot device but this novel sounds really good. And the hero is british. British. Like David Bowie & Iman. Only fictional. Without mix-matched eyes. And the hero didn't star in Labyrinth.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I love British men! That's why I had to buy this one.

message 42: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Yeah me too. Actually I love all men that are not American.

message 43: by Arch , Mod (new)

LethalLovely wrote: "Yeah me too. Actually I love all men that are not American."

lol!

message 44: by Arch , Mod (new)

I like British men too.

message 45: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments Wouldn't it be awesome if during some massive sexoring, your british guy screamed out "OMG I'm ready to explode POPPET!!!!"?

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That would be interesting!!!

message 47: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments True, Tina. I'd be more upset about the "Harlequin-esque" sex scenes & supposedly boring storyline if I hadn't just ordered 5 erotic romances. This will help balance out the non-stop sexscapades I expect to be reading in the near future.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL! Was lurking and thought this was too funny!

LethalLovely~I Was Born in a Big Gray Cloud wrote: "Wouldn't it be awesome if during some massive sexoring, your british guy screamed out "OMG I'm ready to explode POPPET!!!!"?"

message 49: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
1. Have you read The Search by Shiree McCarver?
2. Is it an paranormal romance? Suspense? Both?
3. Do you recommend it?
4. What is the heat index (sweet, sensual, erotic)?

message 50: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 282 comments I have two to ask about:

1. Have you read? Vampire Miami by Phil Tucker
2. Interracial Pairing? BW/WM, BM/WW, BW/AM, WW/AM, LM/WW, etc.

1. Have you read? Project Olympus: Apollo by Jonathan Standing
2. Interracial Pairing? BW/WM, BM/WW, BW/AM, WW/AM, LM/WW, etc.

« previous 1