Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

November/December 2007 > The End of the Alphabet by C.S. Richardson

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments The End of the Alphabet by C.S. Richardson The End of the Alphabet by C.S. Richardson

The End of the Alphabet was a tender, fairy tale like love story. Around his fiftieth birthday, Ambrose Zephyr and his wife Zappora (Zipper) Ashkenazi are given the news that Ambrose has only a month to live. Ambrose and Zipper decide to live out his remaining days following his childhood dream of traveling to places and things from A to Z. The story was simply written in wonderful prose. The brevity of the book aptly fits the shortness of Ambrose's life and reminds all the value of savoring special moments and what is truly important.

I give it 3.5 stars.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I read this one so long ago, I don't even remember it. Does anyone else have that problem??? I know I enjoyed it, but that's about it. I also vaguely remember plot. ;)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 986 comments That happens to me all the time. It helps when I write reviews and participate in group discussions. It used to be I'd read a book, and go on to the next one without having anyone to talk to about the books, so I'd quickly forget details.

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1253 comments I'm with Stephanie, I read it, remember that I like it. I put it on my "read" list here, but didn't review it, I don't know why.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I was thinking of another book that triggered this same phenomenon - I saw a free copy of The Condition by Jennifer Haigh The Condition in new condition at my local coffee shop and picked it up. I liked Mrs. Kimble by the same author, but remember NOTHING about Baker Towers.