Urban Fantasy discussion

UF BOOK CHAT > Personal Challenge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Archer (new)

Archer Personal goal for the rest of February through the end of March:

I am going to get my TBR list down to an acceptable number, and finish off the series I have before I go buying anymore.

So my list to read:

Yasmine Galenorn:
1. Demon Mistress
2. Bone Magic

Larissa Ione:
1.Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2)
2.Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)
3.Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4)

Karen Mare Moning:
1. Faefever

Carrie Vaughn:
1. Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, # 5)
2. Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, # 6)

PC Cast:
1. Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
2. Chosen (House of Night, #3)
3. Untamed (House of Night, #4)

Kresley Cole:
1. No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
2. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
3. Dark Needs At Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
4. Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)

Jacquelyn Frank:
1. Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
2. Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)

So any that wish to join me, make your list and a dent in your TBR section.

Demon Mistress (Sisters of the Moon, #6) by Yasmine Galenorn Bone Magic (Sisters of the Moon, #7) by Yasmine Galenorn Betrayed (House of Night, #2) by P.C. Cast Chosen (House of Night, #3) by P.C. Cast Untamed (House of Night, #4) by P.C. Cast Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, # 5) by Carrie Vaughn Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, # 6) by Carrie Vaughn No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole Dark Needs At Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole [image error] Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3) by Jacquelyn Frank

message 2: by Archer (new)

Archer Shannon wrote: "That is a great challenge! I think for me the best thing I can do is finish series that I have already started before starting new ones.
I have the latest Devon Monk, Deathwish by Rob Thurman, U..."

As you can see I'm reading so many different series right now that if I didn't get these cleared it would drive me crazy..

Hope you get a few cleared out for yourself as well.

message 3: by Archer (new)

Archer Shannon wrote: "Notice I didn't say anything about not buying more. That would be the challenge! lol"

Oh I know it's killing me.. When I went to the mall on Sunday I walked right past Borders and Half Price.. It was the hardest thing I've ever done.

:)

message 4: by Archer (new)

Archer I could sit along time in a bookstore.. My favorite place to be.

message 5: by Archer (new)

Archer Shannon wrote: "I found that I have already read Deathwish. So that is off the list. I am currently reading Grunts!, but I think I am going for Unperfect Souls next. "

Your doing great, keep up the good work on clearing out the TBR's.

message 6: by Theresa (last edited Feb 25, 2010 06:54AM) (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) I set myself another challenge for 2010 besides my usual "read 100+ books each year" challenge. Out of the 103 books on my to-read bookshelf at home, I am challenging myself to read 65 of them by the end of the year. I have several that have been on that bookshelf for over two years so it is time to concentrate on putting those books first. :)

So far, I've read 7 of the books on my "to-read shelf". :)

message 7: by Archer (new)

Archer Theresa wrote: "I set myself another challenge for 2010 besides my usual "read 100+ books each year" challenge. Out of the 103 books on my to-read bookshelf at home, I am challenging myself to read 65 of them by t..."

That's a great idea perhaps I will do that same thing.

message 8: by Archer (new)

Archer Amelia wrote: "I am thinking of doing a re-read challenge of my library. I have been organizing and I keep finding books I have not read in a very long time that I do not remember the plot or characters."

That sounds like it would be fun and a good challenge for the next one.. I'll be happy to join up when you create that.

♥Lynn ♥ I set a personal goal of 200 books for the year. I am at 41 for the year. Archer, you have a great selection of books. There are several I have not gotten to yet. Please let me know ow you are liking your books.

message 10: by Archer (new)

Archer Lynn ♥ ♥Brokhen ♥ ♥ wrote: "I set a personal goal of 200 books for the year. I am at 41 for the year. Archer, you have a great selection of books. There are several I have not gotten to yet. Please let me know ow you are liki..."

Let me know which ones you are interested in and would be happy to give you a spoiler free review.