All The Books You've Never Read discussion

Favorite Books > THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS OBSESSION

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrez (last edited Feb 14, 2010 06:30AM) (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) WHO HERE LOVES THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS BY Cassandra Clare ?
cassandra clare's website
she wrote 3 books, but there are still more to come:
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare
City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

to come:
The Clockwork Angel - (The Infernal Devices #1)
City of Fallen Angels - (The Mortal Instruments #4)
The Clockwork Prince - (The Infernal Devices #2)
The Clockwork Princess - (The Infernal Devices #3)

with other authors:
The Eternal Kiss 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire by Trisha Telep
Geektastic Stories from the Nerd Herd by Holly Black
Vacations from Hell by Libba Bray
Turn the Other Chick (Chicks, Volume 5) by Esther M. Friesner
So Fey Queer Fairy Fiction by Holly Black
Welcome to Bordertown by Ellen Kushner

message 2: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's cools. I really want to read the Mortal Instruments series, but I'm in the middle of reading a lot of other books right now.

message 3: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) what r u reading?

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Lord of the Flies (for school) and The Lightning Thief. I'm actually reading a lot more books than what I posted. I've start wayy too many book series to start another one.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read City of Bones and Jace had me totally hooked. City of Ashes is on my bed waiting to be read. I just have had no time what so ever. School has been kicking my butt up and down the street.

Anyway, I really enjoyed City of Bones and want to read the rest of the series.

message 6: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) yay join the club!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mortal Instruments is very special to me because this series made me want to read other YA/urban fantasy books. So if it weren't them, I wouldn't be writing this right now.

message 8: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) other ya urban fantasy books?tell me what they are, Im interested now

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I meant YA or urban fantasy books. But then again, I don't know how exactly tell the genres... But if you're intereseted, the books I like are Vampire Academy, although I'm not quite sure if it's urban fantasy, Wake, although I think it's rather a pranormal romance(but it's also a YA book :)), and Lock and Key which is a YA book I adore.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments I love the series! Ah Jace, how I so wish he was real! Acutally, I wish I could take guys in books out of their pages and have them to myself! Why aren't guys like the ones in books?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

@Kate: That's exactly what I've been thinking about since I've read TMI!!

message 12: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Kate wrote: "I love the series! Ah Jace, how I so wish he was real! Acutally, I wish I could take guys in books out of their pages and have them to myself! Why aren't guys like the ones in books?
"

totally

message 13: by Kate (last edited Feb 20, 2010 10:48AM) (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments And it's not just Jace it's so many other guys to! I wish guys would read those books and get the hint about what we like. LOL.

message 14: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) yeah...and mr darcy, I love mr darcy!!and stefan, and so many oters i cant recall

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I finally got City of Bones yesterday!!!!!! I won't be reading it for a while, but I'll get to it soon. :)

message 16: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love this series it is one of my favourites and i just cant get enough of jace. i have finally got my mum to read the first one which she is starting to really enjoy = )

message 17: by Maii (new)

Maii (maiita) | 29 comments the series is great..and jace is my one of my favourite charectars..i totally love him

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2010 07:27PM) (new)

http://brokenblackgoddess.blogspot.co...

The cover came out for Clockwork Angel today. The Prequel to the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

http://aworldofpersonality.blogspot.c...

Visit either one of my blogs and click the HERE button to enter to win the book from the publisher.

message 19: by Maii (new)

Maii (maiita) | 29 comments i saw the cover..it's cool

message 20: by Zia (new)

Zia (zrg1) | 380 comments grate choice in books

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks.

message 22: by Shannon (new)

Shannon I LOVED the Mortal Instrument Books. I had to go buy all them all in HB. Fell in love with Jace. I am now waiting patiently for the new books to come out The Clockwork Angel.

message 23: by Maii (new)

Maii (maiita) | 29 comments same here..jace is great..Love him too

message 24: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) cassandra is a GR author

(if any of you knew it already and didnt tell me Ill cry or strangle someone, im not sure which..jk)

message 25: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** i know I have said it in posts for other groups but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the MI series. My favourite by far.. <3

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments We should read one or all of these for a buddy read! I know lots of us have read them but I think it'd be really fun to hear people's thoughts on them.

message 27: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) why dont you make a topic for one of them?i wouldnt mind, id love to reead them all again

message 28: by Maii (new)

Maii (maiita) | 29 comments i would too

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) I haven't read those books. What are they about?

message 30: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 181 comments Psst, Bookprincess, the covers on the top of the page are links to the book's GR page, with a description. :)

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) Ok thanks.

message 32: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 2 comments I loved this series!!! So glad it's not ending with just 3 books

message 33: by Maii (new)

Maii (maiita) | 29 comments me too..i would've been soo dissapointed

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, when is the next book coming out and does anyone know what it is called.

I'm all over the buddy read.

message 35: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 98 comments The next book won't be out until next year and it's called City of Fallen Angels.

However, she has a book that is kinda like a prequel coming out in November called The Clockwork Angel. The cover is beautiful! It will be excellent. It is going to be a steampunk urban fantasy that takes place in Britain in the Victorian age. Should be fabulous! (Magnus is in it!)