Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Writing Challenge > Dangerous Hero Writing Challenge Themes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 185 (185 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Arch (last edited Feb 11, 2010 01:49PM) (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
What themes would you like to write about?

I want to finish my interracial story - Courage, before I start a new story. I should be finished with it by the end of February. I'll be starting my next interracial challenge - The Agent, but I can write two stories at one time. So, I'll write a dangerous hero story as well.

If you want to participate your story can start this month. February 15th will be the deadline for the first writing challenge theme. We all have to agree on the theme. We will take a vote.

I want to write about kidnapping.

What theme do you want to write about?

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Gosh I want to write but can I take being laughed at?!
No really I have thought up scenes but when sitting down to write one, my brain (creativity) fails me miserably.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
Pamela, no one will laugh at you here. Please feel free to give it a try. I know I'm not the best writer, but I try, and that's what matters.

message 4: by Arch (new)

Pamela, I am a horrible writer.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
You are not, Arch!

message 6: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "You are not, Arch!"

Danielle!

For the first challenge, I nominate the captive or kidnap theme.

message 8: by Arch (new)

Okay, so far 2 captive or kidnap nominations.

Anyone else?

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
sounds good to me... 3rd it

message 10: by Arch (last edited Feb 11, 2010 01:52PM) (new)

Okay, so far 3 captive or kidnap nominations.

Anyone else?

If no one else nominates another theme by February 15, then captive or kidnap will be the first writing challenge theme.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I have a question - the story I'm writing takes place within the BDB world, and eventually there will be kidnap/captive, but I don't have it done yet. So should I wait, or post?

message 12: by Arch (last edited Feb 11, 2010 03:12PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I have a question - the story I'm writing takes place within the BDB world, and eventually there will be kidnap/captive, but I don't have it done yet. So should I wait, or post?"

UniquelyMoi, if more people that wants to participant agree to the captive/kidnap theme by February 15th, then that's the theme we are going with.

If your story will be about the hero or heroine being captive or kidnap, then sure bring it.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Arch! *hugs*

message 14: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Arch! *hugs*"

Hugs to you too.

message 15: by Arch (new)

So far, it looks like four people will be participating in the challenge. How it looks captive/kidnap will be the theme.

So, Pamela and UniquelyMoi are you two in and when will you start your story?

Danielle said she will write after she finishes her other story.

If the Lord says the same, I plan on writing a little something on the 22nd. It might just be the prologue.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I would love to be in on this, but I'm not sure my writing would qualify right now. Eventually there will be a kidnap/captive theme, but it could be months before then.

message 17: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I would love to be in on this, but I'm not sure my writing would qualify right now. Eventually there will be a kidnap/captive theme, but it could be months before then."

That's okay UniquelyMoi, if you don't want to write right now. You can join a different theme.

No other theme has been nominated, so I guess the theme will be captive/kidnap. Well, see by Monday, 5:30 p.m., central time. That's the cut off nomination time.

I have a feeling that I will be solo for a while in writing. I'm shy!

I'll try to work on something, so you won't be alone, Arch.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It's not only a matter of having time - it's when it's going to fit into the storyline. My character has only just now met the hero who will rescue her, so it's going to take some time. I'm sorry! :(

message 20: by Arch (new)

Ladies, take your time.

UniquelyMoi that's okay.

How things going, my heroine will be kidnapped twice.

I hope my kidnapped story be believable, because I haven't really read a contemporary romance book, where the hero has kidnapped the heroine.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Just from your posts and comments on the groups I know you from, I know you're writing is going to be awesome, Arch. You're very creative - talented. I can't wait to read what you have :)

message 22: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Just from your posts and comments on the groups I know you from, I know you're writing is going to be awesome, Arch. You're very creative - talented. I can't wait to read what you have :)"

You're sweet UniquelyMoi. Thanks.

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "It's not only a matter of having time - it's when it's going to fit into the storyline. My character has only just now met the hero who will rescue her, so it's going to take some time. I'm sorry! :("

You don't need to be sorry. It's hard to have time for everything.

message 24: by Arch (new)

Oh my goodness, I have gotten busy and forgot about the cut off time for the theme.

The theme is going to be captive or kidnap. So, whenever you ladies want to start writing your story do so.

message 25: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Arch wrote: "What themes would you like to write about?

I want to finish my interracial story - Courage, before I start a new story. I should be finished with it by the end of February. I'll be starting my n..."

Arch wrote: "What themes would you like to write about?

I want to finish my interracial story - Courage, before I start a new story. I should be finished with it by the end of February. I'll be starting my n..."

Is it too late to join in?

message 26: by Arch (last edited Feb 18, 2010 04:54PM) (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "Is it too late to join in?"

No.

message 27: by Arch (last edited Feb 18, 2010 07:41PM) (new)

I just wanted everyone to know that the writing theme will be Captive or Kidnap until June. Then in June we will vote on the new theme. If you are not finished with your captive or kidnap story by June, don't worry you can still write to it, until you finish it.

I want to give other members a chance to share their writing, if they want to. The next theme might be something they are interested in.

The new theme will be for both season writers and new writers.

The theme will change every four months. Below is the next two theme months.

June 2010
October 2010

If you want to write a captive or kidnap story, go ahead. You might not start your story until March, April or May, but just remember a new theme will start in June. June 15th will be the new theme day.

I want to start a new theme on the 15th of each fourth month.

The voting will take place from the 11th - 14th. The voting will end at 5:30 p.m. central time, on the 14th.

The new theme will be announced by 6:00 p.m. central time, on the 14th. The time might be a little later, it depends on what I am doing.

Thanks for setting that up, Arch.

message 29: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thanks for setting that up, Arch."

You are welcome. :)

message 30: by Arch (new)

dreamwild1985 wrote: "thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one, arch. ladies, i can't wait to read all of your stories and i may even have to try and join in on this one. i'll see if i come up w/anything."

lol, I like writing.

I hope you get a chance to write dreamwild.

message 31: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Arch wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thanks for setting that up, Arch."

You are welcome. :)"

I have a question! Do we need betas for our work?

message 32: by Arch (last edited Feb 20, 2010 08:45AM) (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "I have a question! Do we need betas for our work?"

Beta hero?

lol, I can't tell you the difference between an alpha, beta, etc. hero. They all sound like the heroes are part of a fraternity group.

Write whatever hero you want to write.

When I write my hero, I am just writing a hero. I am not trying to put him in a certain category, because as I have said above, I don't know the difference. I have read thread about the different type of heroes, but to me, when I read a book, the hero that I like, is just a hero.

I like when a hero is sassy, has as warp sense of humor, bad in a good way bka good bad boy. See red when it comes down to the heroine, etc.

message 33: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Arch wrote: "Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "I have a question! Do we need betas for our work?"

Beta hero?

lol, I can't tell you the difference between an alpha, beta, etc. hero. They all sound like the heroe..."

HAHA! No, noo, although that was good to know, I meant like an editor beta. I'm the process of also writing a Twific and it seems to call for an editor on the story. I was asking if you did too?

message 34: by Arch (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "HAHA! No, noo, although that was good to know, I meant like an editor beta. I'm the process of also writing a Twific and it seems to call for an editor on the story. I was asking if you did too?"

lol, my bad!

I write my stories in MS Word and copy and paste it here. Now, when I am adding an installment to a chapter, in my box, before I paste my story.

Example:

Chapter One, Cont.

Then I paste my story.

I tend to paste a page at a time, because the box only holds a certain amonth of characters.

message 35: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Ok, thanks!

message 36: by Arch (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "Ok, thanks!"

You are welcome.

message 37: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 274 comments Danielle brought up a good reading theme for books she was looking for the other day. Forced to marry, whether for assignment or some other reason to stay alive or safe. I would love that as a writing challenge! :-)

message 38: by Arch (new)

Okay, Rae. It's in the voting.

message 39: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 274 comments Sweet! Thanks, Arch! :-)

message 40: by Arch (new)

Rae wrote: "Sweet! Thanks, Arch! :-)"

You are welcome.

Ooh, that's a good idea, Rae!

message 42: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Oh, I'd love to try a best friend turn lovers or best friend reunion blows to love, that sort of thing. Never written of that and would love to try a challenge.

Does it also have to have a dangerous hero? Can it not be a dangerous heroine too?

message 43: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 274 comments Thanks Danielle!

Z, that would so rock! I love that theme and it would be awesome to read your challenge story (yay)!

message 44: by Arch (new)

Z wrote: "Oh, I'd love to try a best friend turn lovers or best friend reunion blows to love, that sort of thing. Never written of that and would love to try a challenge.

Does it also have to have a dang..."

That's a good theme. It's among the candidates.

Check with Danielle to see if you can write about a dangerous heroine.

message 45: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 688 comments Will do, Arch! Thanks

message 46: by Arch (new)

You are welcome Z.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited May 27, 2010 06:47AM) (new)

Well, it's a dangerous heroes group, so I would say yes, the hero should be dangerous also. But, I am not one to restrict others' creativity.

When are we voting on the final theme for the next challenge?

I have an idea in my head. I think my heroine's name is going to be Zara. My hero is definitely going to be Japanese.

message 49: by Arch (last edited May 27, 2010 07:15AM) (new)

The voting takes place between June 11-14th and winner announced by 6:00 p.m. June 15th.

Nominations are being taken until June 10th.

Okay. Sorry, I forgot you said that.

« previous 1 3 4