Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Group Stuff > Welcome Aboard...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 681 (681 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by jenjn79 (last edited May 05, 2008 09:42PM) (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
I'm a big Nora Roberts fan, and there wasn't anywhere on Goodreads to discuss her books - that I could find.

So, I created this group.

Feel free to post anything Nora Roberts related!

If your post will contain spoilers for a book, please include:
(spoilers)
in the topic heading.

The Folders
*General - for anything non-book specific
*Silhouette (family series) - for posts about NRs Silhouette family series (MacGregors, Stanislaskis, McKades, Donovans, Calhouns, Cordina, O'Hurleys)
*Silhouette (other) - for posts about other Silhouette releases (the kind you find in the anthology reissues, not family-related)
*Single Title releases - for the major releases like Carolina Moon, Blue Smoke, Tribute, etc
*Trilogy release - for any of the trilogies (or in the case of Chesapeake Bay set, 4 books)
*J.D. Robb - for J.D. Robb books
*Off-Topic - anything non-NR related

message 2: by Kathrynn (last edited May 22, 2008 03:23PM) (new)

Kathrynn Yeah! Good idea for a group, Isis. Ms. Roberts has STYLE and deserves her own group.

Need to spread the word and get the membership up, though.

message 3: by jenjn79 (new)

Yeah, I keep meaning to post about the group, but I've been keeping busy doing librarian work on her books - they were / are a mess. I finally got series info added to most series, got a couple minor ones to go yet. I've spent the last few days tracking down cover images for OOP books.

But yeah, I have to remember to post in a couple groups, get some people here.

message 4: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Or, use that invite and click on some of your GR friends...

message 5: by jenjn79 (new)

LOL...I completely forgot that feature exisited!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea to have this group. I better tell Gina about it. She's a Nora Nut!!

message 7: by jenjn79 (new)

Then she'll fit right in with me ;) I'm a total Nora nut too!

message 8: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Guilty - I am a Nora nut (noraholic) too. Good group idea!

message 9: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments This is Gina, the Nora nut, LOL! Thanks for creating the group! :)

message 10: by jenjn79 (new)

Hi Gina! Welcome to the group! Glad to meet another Nora nut :)

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Tks for the welcome! ;)

message 12: by Mindi (new)

Mindi (scrappinmindi) | 4 comments I am so glad that you started this Group. I was surprised that there wasn't one already!

message 13: by jenjn79 (new)

Welcome to the Group, Mindi :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm new to the group but a huge Nora fan! So much so that I'm keeping an eye on when her B&B will finally be open. I'm trying to talk my husband into going there. He thinks I'm a stalker. lol

message 15: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Hi Jen! I read on her websit that he Inn had a fire recently. I wasn't sure if she if she is going to rebuild? It does sound like a cool place to visit!

message 16: by Mindi (new)

Mindi (scrappinmindi) | 4 comments oh I didn't know she has a b & b and that it was on fire.. geesh that is sad news. I hope they rebuild because I would love to go.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

From what I read, she will rebuild but they were investigating the cause of the fire first. I haven't gotten a newsletter in a while though.

message 18: by Collette (new)

Collette (vwbernie) | 8 comments Hi all! I never realized until I got to looking at my tbr pile how big of a Nora Robert's fan I must be. lol I did just finish her In Death series up to Creation in Death and have read a few trilogies and also finished The Hollow a couple of weeks ago.
Anyway.... just wanted to say Hi and that I look forward to hearing more about her books I haven't read and discussing the ones I had.
Wow! I didn't know she was working on a B & B much less that it burnt. That is horrible.

message 19: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Hi Guys, I am faily new to Good Reads, but not to Nora. Do you mind if I join your discussions about her?

message 20: by jenjn79 (new)

Hi Tlaroland! Welcome to the group and feel free to join in any of the dicussions :)

message 21: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Hi Laura! Welcome :)

message 22: by Kala (new)

Kala | 1 comments Hi all, I am new to good reads but not to Nora. I am currently in her latest JD Robb... I am loving it. I am looking forward to sharing with fellow Nora Crazies.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Because I am such a NR geek, I just read this in her newsletter:

"Writing Tribute was a direct result of the experience of rehabbing the old Boone Hotel in Boonsboro into Inn Boonsboro. After the devastating fire that destroyed everything but the masonry in February, I'm thrilled that our crew is moving at lightning speed, and we hope to open the Inn in December."

message 24: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I get the newsletter emailed to me. (super geek)

message 25: by jenjn79 (new)

Welcome to the group Kala (and anyone else new)!

I get the newsletter to ;)

message 26: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (mearias) Hi all! I too am a huge Nora fan, and was glad to have found this group. I have all of her books (with the exception of the one she doesn't want reissued) and am now buying them in e-book format :) I'm a bit compulsive :}

message 27: by jenjn79 (new)

Hi Mariana!

message 28: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Hi Mariana

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kronk I realized one day that I now have a full Nora Roberts shelf. I am more a fan of her trilogies than her single novels. Sometimes her single novels feel like she has tried to squeeze to much story into one book and they come off as shallow.
However, I have recently started reading the Eve Dallas books. I swear, Rourke is giving me a wholly unrealistic standard of what I should expect from a man.
Thanks for letting me join the group.

message 30: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Robb's 'In Death' series is my all-time fave, LOL, as most everyone here knows!

Welcome all! LOL, it's been a while since I had a chance to log on. Computer problems are now solved and I should be in a lot more often!

Thanks for that post, Jen! I get the newsletter too, LMAO!

Oh and Mariana, question. Which books does she not want reissued? You completely lost me with that one. I know that the books she wrote under HQ (Silhouette) are reissued with or without her permission as they own the rights to the books. (P.S. My mom's name is Marianna, with two 'N's.)

message 31: by jenjn79 (new)

"Promise Me Tomorrow" is the book Nora doesn't allow to be republished. She doesn't like the story and since she owns the rights, she hasn't allowed it to be published again.

Which sucks. It's the only NR book I don't own and haven't read.

message 32: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Well crap! And thanks for that! That would explain why I can't find the sucker! I've tried everything! It literally is the only book by NR that I don't have. I have all of her books, I've read them all, and that's the one that continously smacks me upside the head. I'm one book short of saying I own all of her works, darnit! How annoying is that?

message 33: by jenjn79 (new)

I know completely how you feel, Gina! Aside from 6 In Death books that I have yet to come across for my collection, this is the only book I don't have in some form or another. I'm always keeping an eye out for it. Online I've never seen it cheaper than $80. I'm in line for it at Paperbackswap, but I'm #137 out of 152 who've wishlisted the book and copies hardly ever become available - though when I first put in a request, I was #148.

It totally sucks!

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan Pagano (megabean) | 5 comments Hi! I am new to Goodreads, and pretty new to NR too! Glad to have found this group! I am excited about reading more of her books!

message 35: by Christine (new)

Christine (LADYBUTTERFLYWINGS) Hi, my name is Christine. I am new to goodreads. One of my coworkers intruduces me to this website. So, I am hoping to meet new people. I love Nora Roberts. I was intruduce to her about a year ago. One of my patients drop by and drop off a bag full of Nora roberts Books and I started to read away. I feel in love with her. So To talk to someone soon.

Christine

message 36: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Welcome, Christine!

What's your fave NR novel?

message 37: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Hi Christine! You're in the right place.

message 38: by Christine (new)

Christine (LADYBUTTERFLYWINGS) my so far favorite books are the earth, fire, and water series. I love those books. But I am a beginner to Nora Roberts and at this moment I am reading the In the Garden series. I also love the macgregors serena and caine book. Now that was my first book and I feel in love with it.

message 39: by Christine (new)

Christine (LADYBUTTERFLYWINGS) Thank you Kim.

message 40: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I liked Serena and Justin's story, too.

In the Garden is good. I liked the Blue Dahlia and Red (Lilly?) the best . Roz's - eh not so much.

message 41: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Hi Christine!

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Hi christine,
I really like the garden trilogy too, I agree with Kim, Blue Dahlia and Red Lily are the better ones. My favorites are still the Quinns and the Chesapeake Bay series. something there just makes me love them I guess.

message 43: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hi Christine, Welcome !!

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mkloempken) Hi. I am new to this group, but have been a fan of Nora for a long time...My favorites of hers are The Reef and the Chesapeake Bay saga.

message 45: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (wstridgerunner) Hi Melissa and I like the Chesapeake Bay saga too, of course if you ask me again next week which my fav is, it will be another NR series :)

message 46: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments Hi and welcome, Melissa!

message 47: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mkloempken) Thanks. I just bought a new release of hers called "Chances." It includes a couple of her older stories...and I can't remember which ones.

message 48: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 6 comments Nora Roberts and her alter ego J.D. Robb are my guilty pleasures! I´ve been reading her books since I was a teenager and she never fails to deliver. Even her "bad" books are OK.

BUT I have to say, I can´t read more than two of her books in a row - except for the trilogies, whose books I like to read all at once. I guess her writing style is so familiar to me now that I find it somewhat annoying. Anyway, I still love her books and count on them to lift my mood whenever I´m down. :)

message 49: by jenjn79 (new)

Welcome to the group, Dina!

message 50: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 6 comments Thanks, Isis.

BTW, I forgot to say... My all-time NR favorite book is 'Three Fates' - so far at least, because I still have a lot of her books on my TBR pile and she keeps writing like crazy, LOL. As for the 'In Death' series, I love them all, but 'Naked in Death' holds a special place in my heart just because it was the first.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14