Start by marking “Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)

Inner Harbor

(Chesapeake Bay Saga #3)

Third in the sweeping Chesapeake quartet, about three brothers who come together in a time of need. They honored their father's wish to raise young Seth as their own. And with all of the brothers home again, the Quinn family has never been so strong. But in the months to come, their strength is tested--once again.

Phillip Quinn has done everything to make his life seem perf
Mass Market Paperback, 324 pages
Published January 1st 1999 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Inner Harbor, please sign up.
Lucinda Elliot OK, pushing aside those who rushed to answer this question, I'll answer it myself, as I got hold of a copy from the library.
The short answer is, no,…more
The short answer is, no, it isn't a rape,because this tiresome man does ask for her consent after he's 'shanghied' the heroine and taken her to the deserted cove of romance. He does say, 'Tell me you don't want me' etc. Her reply is evasive: 'This will only complicate things'.
Still, he is rough and overbearing enough for me to find the whole scene disturbing.
It's interesting that Regis mentions that the scene has been 'reviled'. If so, it can't have been on the web, as I could find no mention of this particular scene in discussions on the novel. (less)

Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars

Sometimes it's really hard for me to write a review for a book. But I really loved this one and I just don't have enough words to express it. I'm starting to really love Nora's writing and the emotinal level she is able to wring out of a person. This series is dark - it's about people with really, really horrifying pasts, but they have been saved and given opportunity to live their lives to the fullest. And to save the last person their benefactor wanted to help. It's w
Cyndi
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This book finishes off the trilogy (although Nora wrote an extension set almost twenty years later. I love an author who knows how to take an encore.)
Of the three this is my least favorite. Although it had that stomach clenching element of 'her with a secret that will hurt him' that I love in a romance, it just didn't flow quite right. Maybe I just expected too much. Or maybe it was the reader on the audiobook. I'll probably try it again someday with just my own two eyes and the voices in my h
Helena
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phil no es mi hermano favorito pero sin duda tiene un hueco en mi corazón. El personaje mejor construido es el de Sybill, es tan complejo, tan humano... verla desprenderse de todo sentido común ha sido divertido y absorbente.
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers / Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
Of the 4 Chesapeake Bay / Quinn books, this one is my least favorite. Not because it's a bad book. It's really not. But just because of a matter of personal tastes.

Inner Harbor features Phillip Quinn, the 3rd troubled boy taken in by Stella and Ray Quinn when he was a teenager. Before they'd rescued him in, he'd been a street thug who ended up with bullets in his chest in a drive-by shooting. But Ray and Stella changed his life, gave him a future. When Ray died and Seth became partially his resp
Tiffany PSquared
"Now he was getting himself twisted up over a woman none of them knew they could trust if things got sticky. He for one was going to keep a close eye on Sybill Griffin."

Book 3 in the Saga of the Quinn brothers is given from Phillip's perspective. From his sketchy upbringing to the fortuitous events that led to him meeting Ray and Stella Quinn, which eventually became the foundation of the successful life he has today.

It also continues the family's continued battle with youngest brother Seth's es
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, steamy, romance
This one continued my steady progression of liking each slightly better than the last. It also carries on the series tradition of having a quirk or two that was at least mildly off-putting for my enjoyment.

I ended up liking Philip more than I expected to. I'm not so much a fan of urbanite pretty-boys with expensive tastes. I knew that going in so I was braced. Fortunately, he's much better than the other books lead me to expect, though he is, yes, an urbanite pretty-boy with expensive tastes. He
Iradai
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leido-2019
Esta historia me gusto menos que las anteriores. No termine de conectar con los protagonistas, Cam y Ethan me llegaron más, cuestión de gustos me imagino ;)
Jana
The main thing I object is, cliché. Am I that stupid? Yes, I am. I really enjoy romances, quick light fix of alpha male and alpha female, just it’s hard to find an intelligent romance. But it is. Most of them are so badly written, that every time when I see so many 5 stars, I think about the readers and the old lady and her cats metaphor. Don't you have any whatsoever criteria if you rate THIS book 5 stars?

Why do they have to be so transparent? Quick fix doesn't necessarily need to be shallow a
Brenda (b)
Oh it's wonderful. I loved this one too. These are not 3 cookie cutter stories where everything is the same in all the books. Each has it's own way of telling the story even though they all focus on the theme of family. Each brother gives up something from his lifestyle to find that connection with family and Seth. And they all find that they're happier because of it. IMO, it's a good conclusion to the mystery of Seth's parentage and the resolution of his guardianship. I enjoyed the romance betw ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have become so familiar with the characters in this series and the more books I read the more I have fallen in love with these 4 amazing guys. . I have been along on the Quinn brother’s journey to becoming a strong and close family since the sudden death of their adopted father, Ray Quinn and it feels as if they are now my friends, who I care for and want to ultimately see happy.

The 3rd book tells the story of Phillip Quinn, the sophisticated, stylish, and gorgeous advertising man, that likes
Laura V.
2,5/5

Decepción. Desilusión.

No me gustó el romance. No funcionó para mí. El principal problema es Sybil, seguramente esconde muchas cosas en su interior y se entiende un poco, pero no hace que me caiga bien. El romance es frio, no tiene gracia. Ella entra en la familia Quinn con dobles intenciones y yo no puedo perdonarle su ingenuidad. Es una farsa de profesional, nadie que estudie el comportamiento humano puede ser tan estúpido para no diferenciar una broma juguetona entre hermanos, o peor aún,
Allison ☾
It was a satisfying conclusion to the big mystery about Ray Quinn and Seth. I'm just happy all our questions were answered.

As for the romance in this book.... meh.

I relate more to Sybill than to Anna or Grace but I found her incredibly naïve and her constant groveling was annoying. I really don't care about Phillip either, he could have been a bit more complex and troubled than he was.

Overall a good series. I probably won't read the 4th book about Seth after he's grown up, I'm content leaving it
Anita
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-own, romance
I loved Chesapeake Bay Saga series and I was caught up with the overriding question: How is Seth related to Ray Quinn? Finally we get an answer to that question and Phillip Quinn meets his match in Sybill. It was wonderful to watch Phillip, the urbane, sophisticate, fall for the analytical, distant Sybill. She reminds me a lot of Bones from the TV series. I could just hear her when Sybill went all analytical on Phillip. Her repression of any emotions when faced with a very emotional situation wa ...more
Cathy
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was really into the romance at the beginning. Phillip and Sybill just worked for me; their dynamic and the way their jobs and lives kind of seemed to fit together and complemented each other. But then it all kind of fell apart right around the time Sybill's true identity came out. I wish that had been handled differently. A lot differently.

If these books had just been about the three brothers and how the Quinns took them in at an early age and now they're all grown up, etc. etc., I would've lo
Teresa
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one mostly for the relationship of these foster brothers. I adore Seth and can't wait to get to his book.
Yolanda
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
me están gustando todos los libros de la saga muchísimo, los 4 hermanos son maravillosos con una niñez complicada... una familia estupenda. Me encantan
Elena
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*

While far from amazing, this one is the best one in the series so far.... Too dramatic, as usual, but not as over-the-top as the previous two books! I liked both main characters... Finally some conclusion to the family drama , even though there is one more book (although i think that one was written much later?) ...
78sunny
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich habe dieses Mal ein kleines Experiment gewagt und gleichzeitig zum Buch auch das Hörbuch gehört. Gerade bei dieser Reihe kann ich mich nicht recht entscheiden, was ich besser finde, da jede Art ihre Vorteile hat.

Dies ist der 3 Teil der Quinn-Saga, um 4 Brüder, die ihren Adoptivvater vor kurzem verloren haben. 3 der Brüder sind bereits gestandene Männer, aber der Jüngste (Seth) ist erst 10 und nun müssen sich die Älteren um ihn kümmern. Dafür geben sie vieles aus ihrem gewohnten Leben auf, a
Priyadarshni Palanikumar
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-romance
Aw, the Quinns! I believed this to be the last book, when I read it first. So, I was reasonably excited by it.

Phillip : the by-choice bad kid, unlike his adopted brothers who'd been victims in their childhood.

Sybill : the suppressed woman with a heart of gold.

One could never go wrong with this combination. And it didn't. The intellectual connect was the best part. They shared many interests and exuded a sheen of class. The underlying loyal streak struck them as an inevitable pair.

One small pr
Lisa Kay
★★★★✩ Another 4 star read from this series, IMHO. Yes, the first one is the best (mainly b/c Phillip is a bit of an asshat toward Sybill in a few scenes - one deserved and one crucial time, not deserved - with not enough groveling later); however, a five star rating system makes it difficult to differentiate the subtle difference in ranking. I continued to enjoy Guy Lemonier’s narration of this saga of the boat-building Quinn family living in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland. And, finally, some answer ...more
Glamdring
*Buddy listening with Blacky <333*

Six months has passed since the first book Sea Swept. This is Phillip's, the urban and sophisticate brother, book.
Like the other two books this book revolve around Seth's guardianship and even though Philip and Sybill romance isn't my favorite of the series, all the things related to Seth keeps it a favorite of mine.
Erin **Coffee, Book, Essential Oils Addict**
This is the final book in the series for me to read, and it allowed it all to come together. I love the Quinn family and I love how Nora had Ray's spirit make an appearance in this book. I feel like the afterlife connection makes a huge impact. Especially on those of us readers who are spiritual. A great book and a wonderful series. Sad to see the Quinns go, but I have other Nora series to finish and I love all her characters to the same degree.
Elia
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No me he creído su historia de amor. Todo pasa demasiado rápido. No he llegado a conectar con Sybill, y aunque es un personaje con sus propios traumas, sencilla y fuerte, no terminó de llenarme. Phill es estupendo, como todos los Quinn. Se resuelve, por fin, la trama y de manera coherente. Entretiene pero el romance es muy flojo.
Connie53
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
Een 9 vanwege de tranen met tuiten die ik heb gehuild zo'n beetje door het hele boek heen. Het is zo heerlijk om te lezen, zo ontspannen en romantisch. Hier wordt dat een 8.
Jane Stewart
As a stand-alone book, it was lacking, but it was good because it finished unresolved issues from the first two books.

THE SERIES:
The Chesapeake Bay series includes four books which tell a continuing story about a family. Ray and Stella Quinn adopt three troubled boys who came from abusive homes. In the first three books the boys are about 30 years old. They left home, have good jobs and are single. Stella died several years earlier. In the beginning of the first book Ray took in another boy, 10-
Lover of Romance
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Inner Harbor is the third installment in this great series the Chesepeake Bay Saga. Phillip Quinn, is a city boy, he works in the city during the week and then comes homes during weekends to assist his brothers in their booming business of building wood boats and ships. One weekend he meets a woman who stirs things up, and leaves him aching for me. Not just for her body, but to know her personally. As he endeavors to do so, he knows he is falling hard and fast for this smart intelligent and yes ...more
Mónica Silva
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Opinião no blog http://howtoliveathousandlives.blogsp...

Neste livro seguimos a perspetiva de Phillip, um dos jovens problemáticos adotados por Ray e Stella Quinn. Agora adulto, é um homem bem sucedido, carismático, moderno, pragmático e algo resmungão. Confesso que nos volumes anteriores considerava esta personagem demasiado fútil e superficial mas não podia estar mais errada! Por detrás desta máscara de requinte, encontra-se um homem gentil, meigo, com uma capacidade surpreendente para perdoar
Marianne
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inner Harbour is the third of the Chesapeake Bay series by Nora Roberts. Phillip, the third Quinn brother to be taken in by Stella and Ray, has come about as far as possible from the teenage thief who did drugs and prostituted himself: he’s now an urbanite, a respected executive in a Baltimore advertising firm. But he’s spending his weekends in the village of St Christopher on the promise to look out for the latest Quinn, Seth DeLauter as well as helping out in the new boat building business, Bo ...more
Jaime
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was my second favorite of the Quinn Brothers novels (Ethan’s being my favorite). Nora Robert’s best skill is creating characters and complex family units that feel real, and this series is no exception. I liked this more in-depth look at Philip, and I also liked his romantic interest, Sybil, even if she is a bit cold and shut down for most of the book. Nora also does a great job pulling us into the setting, giving us a more clinical look at small-town life through the eyes Sybil, an outside ...more
Nora Roberts Grou...: Inner Harbor Feb. 2015 Book of the Month 36 26 Feb 27, 2015 09:56PM

• Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #4)
“Up to this point your life has pretty much sucked. You’re not responsible for that. But you are responsible for what happens from here on.” 16 likes
“Phillip look into Ray's eyes. He saw compassion and hope. And he saw himself mirrored back, bleeding in a dirty gutter on a street where life was worth less than a dime bag.
Sick, tired, petrified, Phillip dropped his head into his hands.
"What's the point?"
"You're the point, son." Ray ran his hand over Phillip's hair. "You're the point.”
6 likes