This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate people who dont review books properly

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) When I am pulling up a book on goodreads, I do not want to see a date put in as a friggen review comment.

sarah said: "read in 07".

I dont freaking care if you read it 10 years ago, review the damn thing, or dont! How will I know if I will like it based on the year you read it. Make a fucking folder for the date and file it there.

GOD-- I hate that.

message 2: by Kirk (new)

Kirk Good point.
5/1/08

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) My review of Lori:

"get a life"

alternately

"subscribe to the New York Times review of books"

also

"we are not your personal slaves"

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Personally I LIKE referencing a book by the year I read it. It makes a big difference to me whether I read something in 1993 or 2003. I don't put the date on there to annoy people.

Jackie "the Librarian" Personally I LIKE referencing a book by the year I read it. It makes a big difference to me whether I read something in 1993 or 2003. I don't put the date on there to annoy people.

But you can do that in the "date read" area, not in the review box.
I don't care whether someone reviews or not, but I do get a bit miffed when a "top reviewer" turns out to be just a lister of dates.

message 6: by Sitara (new)

Sitara (sitaramw) you guys are really funny! getting mad over reviews....*shakes head in dissapointment* and now im gonna get a whole bunch of replies with everyone mad at me! like 'get a life' well i've already got a reply to that one! 'why dont you?! your the one worrying about review dates and whatnot...'

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Oh, I misread the entire thread. Yes - don't put the date in the review, just select the handy "date read" area. Disregard me.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Jackie, thank you. that was all i was saying. Im trying to find the next great book to read and here they sit on the most recent reviewed with a date. huh? what? how is that helping.....

My, the hate for me is strong in here today.
Thanks everyone :)

message 9: by Lori (last edited May 05, 2008 07:34AM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Charissa,
btw, dont forget this is a first and foremost a BookSite.. Its called Goodreads for heavens sake. It was created to allow people to share and review thier books with other bookreaders....

I dont think my request was that unjust.
(sniffling in the corner from the abuse I had inflicted upon me)

message 10: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) ::::rolls eyes.... hands Lori a tissue::::

:::mumbles under her breath:::: review Nazi

Look! Goldfish!

message 11: by Carlie (new)

Carlie I'm sorry Lori and I agree. Why don't you do this? Find someone or a couple of reviewers who actually review and only read their reviews. I personally don't care what anyone else thinks about a book. I have singular tastes it seems and hate many "classics" and "bests".

message 12: by Alen (new)

Alen (caffeinatedeyes) I hate Carlie for posting something similar to what I was thinking.

message 13: by Carlie (new)

Carlie I hate Alen for being slow.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin i hate alan for tHinking of it b4 me

and i hate Carlie fr writing it first and making me feel slwr by calling friggin Alen slow!

ARGHHH!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.