Harry Potter discussion

Questions > What If...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) What if the trio were in different houses from each other? Would they still be loyal friends to each other? What if Harry was in the Slytherin House instead of the Gryffindor House? How do you think that would have affected his future? What do you think?

message 2: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Rachel i don't think harry could be the hero if he was in slytherin. rowling makes such a big point of the difference between tom riddle's choices and harry's choices, and that is one of the biggest choice harry makes--to NOT be in slytherin. and he could definitely not be friends with ron and hermione if he were in slytherin, because it meant he would have chosen draco over ron in those first few minutes on the hogwarts express.

message 3: by Kirk (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Kirk | 10 comments I do think it would have a really big influence on their friendship because of all the things you guys said but, where would the trio meet? There are several times throughout the series that they made very important decisions and thought about what was happening. The series wouldn't have turned out how it did if they were in different houses. Hermione couldn't have been in Ravenclaw otherwise she would have not as readily been able to help Ron and Harry from fighting and wouldn't have found who made the Sorcerer's Stone or any of those important discoveries.

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Jennifer If they had in fact been placed in different houses the entire series would have been a gigantic disaster..not fit for reading in my opinion..so many key events happen for example in the Gryffindor common room...Luckily we need not worry about such things as everything seems to fit perfectly

YAY!!

J

message 5: by Eliana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Eliana | 1 comments i don't think it wouldve made a difference because if they were loyal friends the wouldve stuck together no matter which house they were in

message 6: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
But , if they weren't in same houses , they couldn't have been friends like this...