Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Authors > Jodi Piccoult

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Jackie | 27 comments Oh my goodness--where to begin?! And so many people just LOVE her books and are so eager to press one into your un-outstretched hand.

I will begin with "The Pact"--which I have already posted at length in my own review section. But I had a visceral dislike of the female main character--who dies in the first few minutes of the book. That sounds heartless, but please! Have you never heard of therapy? Are you so self-involved that you can't see what you're asking of those closest to you?

Also--I chose to read "My Sister's Keeper" as a diligent book club member--so I have no excuse as I entered it with eyes wide open. Either way, I will not give away the ending by saying that it was absolutely Hollywood--and not in a good way, in the very worst way.

So if you enjoy Jodi Piccoult, please defend this manipulative writer, if you feel she's worthy of defense.

message 2: by Alex (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Alex (alexinmadison) | 64 comments I can't really defend her, having only read Plain Truth. Here's what I have regarding that book: I really enjoyed learning about the Amish and I thought that some of the characters were interesting. However... it was one of the most manipulative books I've ever read and I loathed a number of the characters and situations. I think it's best put this way: I haven't read any of her other books since.

message 3: by Joey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Joey | 6 comments I read My Sister's Keeper and remember not liking it at all. My mother also read it and RAVED about it. But I just wanted to finish and be done with it.

It's been a while, but I remember not particularly liking the characters or her writing. The plot could have been interesting, but the characters put me off so much that I really didn't care what happened.

I also won't be reading another.

message 4: by Tonya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Tonya | 2 comments My aunt gave me a copy of My Sister's Keeper and I pretty much hated it from the get go. Made for T.V. movie fodder.

message 5: by John (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

John | 8 comments I've never read any of her stuff, and don't intend to, but I'm curious ... what would you say is the big attraction for those who idolize her writing?

message 6: by Alex (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Alex (alexinmadison) | 64 comments She's very "Oprah Book Club" - woman-centric stories; tug on the heartstrings; blah, blah, blah. I'll give her this...she did her research on the Amish for Plain Truth. That part was cool.

message 7: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Julie (jooliaaah) hello. i've been lurking around in books i loathed for a few weeks now. first i must say, you guys crack me up. some of these threads are pure comedy and i think it's a great topic. with that said, i will give my two cents on jodi picoult. i just read my first jodi picoult and enjoyed it. i wouldn't put it on my favorite books list nor do i idolize her writing but i enjoyed it nonetheless. i work in education and read up on education related legislature and publications for work. i also write curriculum for divorce and child custody issues and have to read books with subject matter on unpleasant topics. in my free time i love opening up a book and being taken into another world. salem falls by jodi picould did that for me so i gave it four stars. i wrote a review of that book that better explains why i liked it if you are so inclined.

message 8: by Tonya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Tonya | 2 comments No doubt, books are subjective. We all have filters, perspectives, interests, preferences etc.. Not to mention, you read it on a great vacation, or right after you broke up with your boyfriend...But occasionally, we all feel really pissed off that we wasted our valuable time on something that fell flat, or worse, just grated on our nerves. There is no absolute here, just some healthy venting. Books are mini relationships and come with expectations after all.

message 9: by Kate (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:07PM) (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 136 comments Mod
Welcome, jooliaaah! Glad you piped up!

I'm going to encourage my sister Clare to get on here and give her opinion of My Sister's Keeper. She has plenty to say on this matter.

message 10: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:08PM) (new)

Amanda | 3 comments Where or where to begin? One of my best friends loves these books...I cannot understand why. Let me paint a picture. I took precious few books with me on a trip to England and Scotland a couple of years ago. Of course I bought more while I was there, that I why I did not take more than 3!!

Anyway, one was "My Sister's Keeper." I was intrigued by the subject matter, what would happen if a child; born to save her sister's life and has given donation after donation throughout her short life, finally says enough? Wow, can't wait to read how the author handles this. So for the most part I was enjoying the book, couple of characters I wanted to drown in a bathtub (the mother) but still wanted to find out how it ends. I won't give it away (I did in my review if you want to read it on my booklist) but I was sitting on a plane heading from London to Glasgow, and I almost threw the book down the length of the plane. My step-mother (who had read the book and was waiting to see if my reaction was the same) was sitting next to me and actually put her hand on my arm when I closed the book to keep me from actually chucking it. I left it on the plane and will NEVER read another book by Ms. Piccoult. If you open Pandora's box, you need to follow through. She completely copped out. It was the worst of hack writing. How she sells as many books as she does, I will never understand.

message 11: by Misty (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Misty Oh, no! I'm afraid to write this because I fear one of you will hunt me down and beat me with "My Sister's Keeper." That was the first Picoult book I ever read (on a 10 hour car trip back home from Ohio). I cried (alot) and kept apologizing to my family. I enjoyed the book, but not so much the ending; it felt rushed. In keeping with the theme of this discussion, I have decided not to read any more because they feel too much like that Sparks fellow (what's his name? Not worth committing to memory). That was after reading "The Pact" and "Plain Truth." Then, my principal asked the faculty and staff to read "Nineteen Minutes" over the summer break. Of course I did it, and didn't hate the book, but I don't see myself reading anymore by this author anytime soon!

message 12: by Christy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:09PM) (new)

Christy I liked "My Sister's Keeper" well enough, though I thought that that some of Picoult's phrases were a bit too well-turned, if you know what I mean. It was like she spent so much time making a metaphor or sentence that it became overdeveloped and so pronounced that it was distracting. It's hard to explain as I read it several years ago.

Now I started to read Plain Truth and put that one down very quickly. Somewhere I read a criticism of how authors who wrote books as if they really wanted the book to be a movie. That's how I felt about Plain Truth - that it reeked of wanting to be a movie script. Of course I don't know if that was really Picoult's intent, but that's the sensation I had when I started reading it.

message 13: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Clare | 3 comments This book was possibly the worst I've read for my neighborhood book club, which is really saying something since I recently did a quick study of my book log and discovered that something like 15 of my 20 least favorite books of all time have been selections of this very group. The problems with this book are far, far too numerous to list them all here, but a few of the most egregious points are as follows:
1) The "legal thriller" aspect. The plot of the book is basically that the test-tube baby sibling born to provide spare parts for her sick sister is suing to become medically emancipated from their parents so she doesn't have to pony up some organ, I think a kidney. However. The mother makes it abundantly clear that no one is going to MAKE the test-tube kids part with her organs if she doesn't want to. So what the hell is the trial to determine? Perhaps it is only there to pave the way for...
2) The "disabled guys can still have a cool 'tude" aspect. The girl's attorney has an assistance dog which anyone but a complete fool can tell from the get-go is a siezure-alert animal - the guy is demonstrably able to see, hear, walk, talk, and fetch his own drinks, so what else could it be? What it is is a way for the author to sneak in some dialog she thinks is snappy every time anyone asks the lawyer guy about the dog. But the lawyer guy won't tell the Awful Truth; he is too Proud, at least until...
3) The Really Unnecessary, Unbelievable, and Unfathomably Stupid Romantic Entanglement. Some child advocate lady appointed to the case is the willing victim of this entanglement, of which the less is said, the better.
I'm leaving out so much - the random arsonist in the family, the Worst Ending Ever Ever Ever Ever, the Strange Occasional Aunt - but I'm already pissed off again just thinking about the loathsome thing.

message 14: by peg (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

peg (mcicutti) | 15 comments I have been following this thread since it was started. I,too,loathe Picoult's writing and was ready to shoot myself after I read two of her novels. (I was disappointed in the first one I read but foolishly gave her another chance)In my opinion the stories are sappy, contrived, manipulative,and over simplified. With that said, I have to admit that I would have probably loved her books when I was 13 or 14. School shootings, teenage pregnancy,abortion,adoption,child abuse,and organ transplantation are among the many social issues that Picoult takes on. Do any of you think that perhaps her books are better suited for a younger, less sophisticated audience who is becoming aware of some of these issues for the first time? I imagine that her books might provoke some healthy discussion of these topics among people in their early teens.

message 15: by Christy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Christy Clare: Yeah, the whole "secret" about the guy's disability was really quite silly. Some authors need to learn that revelations are more interesting than revealed secrets. What I mean is that there are authors that are like, "ooh, I have a secret! guess, guess!" and when the reveal comes, it's almost always not worth all of that build-up. Very annoying.

What is much better is when something is revealed without such overblown fanfare and that revelation is an entrance into another layer of the character or story. I hope I'm making sense . . .

message 16: by Tory (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Tory | 2 comments I was at a book store last night and almost bought one of her books on the basis that she looks a bit like Tori Amos. And I love Tori Amos. I've chosen books for far sillier reasons before, sometimes they even turn out to be good ones. Unsurprisingly, mostly they are not.

I ended up not buying because the topics seemed so melodramatic. After reading this, I am so glad!

message 17: by Merrin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Merrin | 9 comments I'm not sure a younger audience is the key, but definitely a less sophisticated one. The vast majority of American adults read at an 8th grade level, which is why books like Picoult's stay on the best seller's list for so long. The dumber you write, the more people will read your books.

message 18: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Meredith Watson Oh man! My boyfriend's sister told me she really liked Picoult so I picked up a copy of Keeping Faith that I'm going to begin tonight. Now, I'm worried. I dont know if I'm more worried that I wont like it or that I will and therefore be part of that 'less sophisticated' group, haha. I'll finish it regardless; I cant put a book down and not know how it ends, even if I am hating it.

message 19: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 66 comments I have read several Jodi Piccoult books and some I have liked and some I have not. I did not have a problem with My Sister's Keeper, but I had to put down Songs of the Humpback Whale. I had no idea what was going on from chapter to chapter. I still haven't picked it back up, it's sitting on my couch with the page marked. I think I probably won't be finishing it anytime soon, if ever.

I did enjoy 19 Minutes. I live about 1 mile away from Columbine High School, which is still struggling with its school shooting. I think living in that community and being so close (physically) to the families and survivors made me appreciate what Piccoult did in 19 Minutes. She let the shooter live and she let the wheels of justice turn for the vicitms of her fictional school. A part of me has always wished that Harris and Klebold hadn't shot themselves and had to stand trial for what they did. Another part of me knows that it's best to not dwell on the past and move forward, with new hope (sorry for the cheesey-ness on that). With this book,there was a sense of closure. In truth, I am completely biased about 19 MInutes because of where I live.

Wait, I lied, I did have one problem with My Sister's Keeper -- the ending. I have to agree. It was a Hollywood ending. I read an interview on her website about why she ended the book the way she did. She told the interviewer that her son asked her the same thing and she said that during her research she spoke with a lot of people in the medical field and that was the outcome they all gave her. Hmm, so there was no other alternative for the ending? I think the ending could have been different.

I do appreciate all of the research she does for these books. I work in the judicial system and a lot of her courtroom scenes, although sensationalized for the book, are very close to what I see in my courtroom: attorneys yell at each other, the Judge yells at them, the parties make all kinds of faces and the jurors stare in various degrees of shock, horror, disgust as well as the very common "deer caught in the headlights" look. I usually don't like reading anything that has a courtroom scene because I think they're hokey. I can tolerate her courtroom scenes cause I know attorneys and judges who have very similar personalities and demeanors as her legal characters. I usually rename her legal characters with the names of judges and attorneys I know and work with.

I won't stop reading Jodi Piccoult, mainly because it's mind-numbing, brain-candy and I don't have to do a lot of thinking after a long day at work, but some of her early works I'm not looking forward to reading, based on either the topic or what I have heard from fellow readers (both here on this site as well as co-workers). I haven't decided yet on what I'm going to do with Songs of the Humpback Whale -- burn it or return it so I can get my money back? Or use it for kindling this winter?

message 20: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Jess | 7 comments BRAVO JACKIE!! People rave about her. I have to say I read "My Sister's Keeper" and it really kept my attention until the ending. It really was a terrible Hollywood ending. Kind of like she got to the end of the book and wasn't quite sure how to end it. I did try another one of her books. I don't remember the title or what it was about. I just don't find her writing memorable. I'm done with Jodi Picoult though.

message 21: by Jackie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Jackie | 27 comments I'm a huge fan of "The Office." If you are, you will remember the episode ("The Fire") in which the characters play "desert island" and list the 5 movies they'd take with them, etc. etc. One of the supporting characters includes, "Legally Blond." Two of the main characters, Jim and Pam, mock this choice privately (in a "Talking Head") because it's not quite the soul-sustaining status that they were looking for.

The punchline is that later, Jim's date, unknowingly also names, "Legally Blond" in her top 5.

The point is, there is nothing wrong with "Legally Blond"--in fact you could argue that it is a clever and fun movie that leaves you smiling. It may even attempt to overturn stereotypes and expose "blond jokes" as prejudice. However, there's something that connects the people who like this movie and the people who enjoy Piccoult, in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'm articulating it clearly here though.

And, I will acknowledge, there may even be a subset of people who enjoy "Legally Blond" who have never read Piccoult--so my comments are rendered rambling and inarticulate. Sue me!

message 22: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 66 comments Jackie -- I do have to admit I really enjoyed "Legally Blond". I especially loved the scene between Elle and Vivian, when Elle shows up at the party in a bunny costume. That's by far the best insult line I have heard and I'm just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. I can watch "Legally Blond" over and over and over again. I can also keep reading Piccoult books. Although, I'm still struggling with what I'm going to do with Songs of the Humpback Whale. Oh well.

message 23: by Steve (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:20PM) (new)

Steve My mother and sister in law are HUGE Picoult fans (our tastes diverge a great deal!). I don't think I was going to read Picoult anyway, but this thread has cemented it. Thanks!

message 24: by Cassiel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Cassiel Vanishing Acts. Contrived plot, non-stop emotional manipulation and writing so very hackneyed. Delia's incessant, tender introspective observations (and of course she is also just BEAUTIFUL) made for an immediate deposit onto the give-away pile.

message 25: by John (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

John | 8 comments I have never read Nora Roberts - is she similar to Piccoult? I find folks who rave about one love the other.

message 26: by Diane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Diane Green | 1 comments I'm usually not inclined to discuss books but I just finished My Sister's Keeper and, sorry but, what a load of crap!

After reading the ending the first thing that came to mind was that Picoult must have been in a bad mood when it came time wrap it up. Blech- I'll never read another one of her books again.

message 27: by Recynd (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Recynd As usual, I'm a day late and more like a buck-fifty short, but I'll throw my...

...sorry. I won't say it.

Anyway, while I don't find Picoult compelling in any way, shape, or form, she's got a knack for churning out page-turners that are easy to get into, with characters just fleshed-out enough to sort of care about. Her books are an acceptable alternative to the crap that's on TV, and not much more of a challenge.

I've read four of Picoult's books so far, and have a couple sitting on the shelf waiting for me. "My Sister's Keeper" was better than "Vanishing Acts", but that's not saying much; I'm not sure where "Keeping Faith" falls on the "literature spectrum" (I confess, I rolled my eyes so often during its course that I thought my eyeballs were going to fall right out of my head), but certainly it isn't resting on either one of the ends.

At the end of one of the books (a P.S. edition, maybe?), I read the author's interview, and wasn't surprised to find that several of Ms. P.'s books have been turned into Lifetime movies...what could I possibly say that's any clearer than that?? Worse, she takes herself impossibly seriously; now when I read her, I'm always distracted by the urge to give her a good poke.

In any event, I loved "Nineteen Minutes", though I'm not exactly racing to note that tidbit in my brag-book. I guess I'd classify it as yet another one of my "dirty little secrets" (well, not so secret anymore), scandalous though it's not. To be sure, "Nineteen Minutes" wasn't GOOD (c'mon, I READ), but it was damned...good. Easy. Cheesy. But the good kind of cheese. I read it in two days, and was sorry when I finished it. Like the first 2/3rds of every Stephen King novel I've ever picked up. And that's not half bad.

There, I said it.

message 28: by Heron (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Heron | 5 comments Ugh. I read "Vanishing Acts" a few years ago. I couldn't put it down and I hated myself for it. What's with the different fonts for every character?? So annoying. Does she do that in all her books?

Admittedly, I was impressed with her research into random subjects, like...meth manufacture? There is an ENTIRE chapter on how to make meth. I guess if I was a meth addict, I'd be grateful, but I don't think I'd be reading Jodi Picoult anyway.

Not a fan.

message 29: by Anne (new)

Anne So, I find most of Piccoult's plots riveting and original (even though I realize most of them have been headlines at one time or another), but it's her writing I don't like. I LOVED My Sister's Keeper because it brought up an ethical dilemma I had never thought about, but I hated the ending. Every book I read of hers, I dislike her more. Weird how I LOVED her, and now I despise her.

message 30: by April (new)

April Desmond (sera1231) Reading Jodi Picoult, for me, is like eating candy for breakfast. You know it's not good for you, but it tastes good going down. And you wouldn't want to do it every day, but once in awhile? Yeah.

I've read about half a dozen of her novels now, and it never takes me more than 48 hours. Her writing style might not be brilliant (or heck, even good), but the woman can put together a plot, even if it's a contrived one.

It's just like literary junk food. Some people like the empty calories, some people need more substance.

message 31: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture I have read several of Jodi Picoult's novels. They aren't my favorite, but they are completely "unputdownable." I usually finish one in a weekend (or less), but then I feel like I need to go take a long hot shower. I never feel good about myself after finishing one of her books.

April said it the best, Literary junk food, and I just wish I didn't get that sweet tooth.

message 32: by Johnna (new)

Johnna | 1 comments I also agree with April about the literary junk food. The two Picoult books I've read (Second Glance and My Sister's Keeper) both dealt with some highly emotional subjects and end with everything neatly tied up. It was obvious as I was reading them that my emotions were being manipulated and I guess some readers interpret that as "good."

message 33: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Yes, April hit the head of the nail. Literary junk food - exactly. Just like Virginia Andrews, her books are train-wrecks that I can't put down. I've read most of her books, and the only one I really loved was My Sister's Keeper, the rest ranged from "Not too bad" (Plain Truth, Keeping Faith) to "EWWWWW!!! Why am I reading this filth?" (The Pact, Perfect Match).

Yes, my emotions are being manipulated, but I can think of very few writers who don't do that in some way or another, so that doesn't bother me. I expect it as part of the reading experience.

message 34: by Brette (new)

Brette | 4 comments ugh. I had to read Vanishing Acts for book club. I hated it in every way. I found the characters superficial and the plot unbelievable. The only emotion I felt was disgust at having to waste my time reading this drivel. And I am in no way a book snob. I read what I like. And this wasn't it.

message 35: by C. (last edited Oct 25, 2008 03:02AM) (new)

C. (placematsgalore) I have only read My Sister's Keeper, and while I have never had the urge to read another of her books, I can't say that I loathed it. I thought the issues she covered were very interesting, and the twist at the end was quite good, but it was written in the style of a thriller: all grip and no substance. I hate that style. Definitely literary junk food.

message 36: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahsu) My Sister's Keeper was the only one worth reading. Every other book I've read by her seems like you're reading the same book over and over.

message 37: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i liked my sister's keeper until the end. the end really pissed me off. it was so stupid!

message 38: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) I liked My sisters keeper so much! I think the end added the emotion to it. Her books are just so packed with emotion i love them! The pact was wonderful. I just love the suspense. One book of hers that i didnt like was Vanishing acts. Ughhh WHY GOD!!!
I HATE FITZ.

Anywayy...I am a Jodi Picoult fan

:D

message 39: by Jodie (last edited Nov 13, 2008 05:32PM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) Wow...reading these comments, I'm not sure if I should feel offended or not. I personally LOVE Jodi Picoult. The Pact was my first Picoult book & I've been hooked since then. I have every one of her books on my shelf. I LOVED My Sister's Keeper...and in fact cried my eyes out at the end. Plain Truth is my favorite, mostly because I am fascinated by stories of the Amish.

I guess the saying about everyone is entitled to their own opinion is true. I am a 100% Picoult fan & always will be.

Oh, and for the record, I love Nora Roberts too. :)

message 40: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 7 comments I'm a half-way fan. Her books open up some really good questions ie: My Sister's Keeper, but sometimes they drift off. I was particularly unhappy with My Sister's Keeper. Felt that the ending was a way out without addressing the issues raised.

message 41: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Yeah I just hated that ending -- and NO, NOT just because it was sad. Because it was a really lame way to end the book, like Picoult didn't know how to end it w/o killing somebody off. I would have been more impressed if nobody had died. When thirteen-year-old girls get killed off in books ... Yeah, sorry but I don't find that really touching or moving or whatever it's supposed to make me feel. It's just LAME and cliché.

message 42: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) THE PACT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ENDING WAS PERFECT SHE IS WONDERFUL!

message 43: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Oh i thought that the ending, just brought more emotion to the book. I really loved that book. it was my first of Jodi Picoults, and my second was the Pact.

ahhh she is an amazing writer. 15 novels 13 of which are on the Best sellers list?

shes my idol.

message 44: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Gah, I hated "The Pact". It was a train-wreck that I couldn't put down, but I was disgusted at myself for it, and immediately threw it out after finishing.

message 45: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Really? I thought that the book was amazing. It really brought out some great writing skills in Picoult. I loved all of the emotion. I felt satisfied after reading it. I think its one of her best!

message 46: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments It's been quite awhile since I read it, but I while I agree that it was well written (all her books are), I remember being absolutely disgusted with the plot and especially the so-called "morals" of the book.

message 47: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) I actually really liked it. I ended up HATING Emily Gold by the end of the book, but i dont think that that makes the book worse. Just the fact that Chris loved her so much! It was a truly emotional book (i think) and it had a lot of meaning to it (i think). Ive been hooked on her books since.

one book of heres that i would recomend bcuz its great, but has a WRETCHED ENDING!!!!

FITWILLIAM MACMURRY (stupid name) I HATE YOU TSOOO F****** MUCH!!!!

GAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 48: by Paula (new)

Paula (paula05) | 2 comments I know I will most likely get slammed for saying this. But for some of you who just do not like Picoult's writing or books...why did you continue to read her books?

If I do not like a book or cannot get into it, I will most likely give the author another try but after that...nope, I'm done.

But it seems like a lot of you keep reading her books and I just wonder why? Why do you keep reading them? I have a hard time thinking that it's because you like wasting your time like that just to come to a message board and trash it.

So, again, if you do not like her, her style, her writing...why are you continuing to read them? What makes you want to continue to read them if you do not like them?

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Okay, well personally, I didn't keep reading her books. I read My Sister's Keeper and didn't really feel like reading anything else she had written.

As for other people, I guess I can't really speak for them. But sometimes an author will write a bunch of awesome books and then one really crappy one. Or a bunch of crappy books and only one good one. Just like you can't judge a book by its cover, you can't necessarily judge a book by its author.

You see what I'm saying?

message 50: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Yeah. I read My sisters Keeper and loved it so i read a few more of hers. I only disliked one because it had a bad ending, but besides that it was WONDERFUL.

« previous 1 3