This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Don't Hate My Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) I hate when people tell me that I should probably get rid of some books.

WTF!

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) My husband has stated on more than one occasion that he's going to use my books to get the grill started.

*sigh*

People that don't read just don't get it.

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments By books are my only truly treasured collection. Its like little pieces of my soul lined up on the shelf over there. I like looking though them and reminding myself who I was before I read them, and who I became after.

I am such a library dork tho, my collection really only represents a fifth of what I read. I would never ever let anyone take away my soul collection.

Isn't that a band name? If not, it should be.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Well, there's Collective Soul.

message 5: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Ah, yes.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Me too. I'm only here for the chicks.

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments ha, ha. Yes, will you marry me? I'm desperate person, hopefully someday will have masters degree. lets compare books.

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer (summerbp) I hate those "new" electronic tablets they're starting to sell. "Carry a stack of books in one hand!"

Well I have news for you. That little piece of shit tablet isn't new. They've been using those on Star Trek since the 80's.

message 9: by Joanie (new)

Joanie My husband makes that comment a lot too-about my books and our son's books too. With mine it's "why dont' you get rid of some of these, you're not going to read them again" (but of course I might, he doesn't get that!) and with our son it's "He has enough books" (there is no such thing!) I ignore him on both counts and keep getting more books for both of us!

message 10: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie Summer, that Star Trek comment made me laugh. (:

But, seriously, I hate it too.
I run into that problem with my grandmother. My mother understands my eye for those old and heavy leather-bound novels and collections, (my book problem is a little more specific), but my grandmother goes absolutely crazy and wants them out of the house.

Very frustrating.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.