Harry Potter discussion

Books > Scenes In Book 7 That Scare/Suprised You

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) The one scene that scared the crap out of me is when Bellatrix was torturing Hermione. I thought Bellatrix was going to kill her right then and there. If Hermione was killed then...that would just be unforgivable.

One scen surprised me is when Dobby showed out of nowhere and saved the trio, Ollivander, and the goblin from the Malfoy Manor.

message 2: by Natalie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Natalie This scene didn't scare me, but it was a welcomed surprise: when Molly Weasley dueled with Bellatrix!!! I had been thinking a bit earlier, "Isn't Mrs. Weasley in the Order? How come she never fights?" So, I absolutely LOVED that little scene where she steps in as Bellatrix is going for Ginny, and Molly exclaims, "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B*&^%!!!" That was AWESOME!! Way to go, Molly!!!!

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Yeah I totally agree. I didn't see that one coming. Didn't think she had it in her..lol.

message 4: by Casey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Casey (eefrancis) | 4 comments I was also surprised by the appearance of Dobby and also by what happens to Dobby. He's very brave and has always been very protective of Harry. It would be interesting to learn how and why he became so protective. Who did Dobby work for before he worked for the Malfoy's?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

How about when Kreacher showed up leading the other house elves in the battle at Hogwarts? I thought that was great after what Harry had done by giving him the locket.

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Rachel oh man, the fight between mrs. weasley and bellatrix is AWESOME! and you just have to love the fact that sweet, little, knitting mrs. weasey is able to take down scary deatheater #1.

message 7: by Alien (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Alien  Citizen | 14 comments I think Dobby was grateful to Harry for freeing him from enslavement. I don't think that Dobby, as an individual in his own right, was defined solely by his employers.

message 8: by Jayme (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Jayme | 13 comments I was suprised with both Dobby and Kreacher. I figured that Dobby would do anything to save Harry Potter's life, but I was suprised that he died. Then I was suprised with the amount of loyalty Kreacher showed Harry once Harry gave Kreacher a little respect... I guess Hermione was right...

message 9: by Diane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Now that I have finished I can join the group. The scene that I thought was scary or maybe creepy is a better word, was when the giant spiders carried Hagrid away...

message 10: by Terri (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Terri Uglem | 3 comments I can finally come in and read the posts here as I finished Book 7 around 2AM this morning. Most of the last 1/4 of the book surprised me, but one of the scenes that sticks out in my mind is Snape's memories he gave to Harry. It obviously was a pleasant surprise.

The scene that saddened me the most was of course, Dobby's death. I had wondered if Kreacher would make another appearance, but I didn't see Dobby's death coming.

The one that scared me the most, too, was Bellatrix torturing Hermione. I was so afraid that was her end.

message 11: by Andrea (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Andrea | 7 comments I was most suprised that Aberforth worked in Hogsmeade. We've met that character a few times in other books and I never dreamed he'd be an important character. That was great.
I also like the stuff with Snape. I knew that something wasn't quite right in the sixth book so I was glad when it worked itself out in book seven. I also love that Harry named his son after him :)

message 12: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:26PM) (new)

Tracey one scene that had me dancing in my chair was when Harry & Hermione went to Godric's Hollow. i knew that something would happen, but i was hoping that it would be Harry having some sort of connection with his parents again. close call, indeed!

i was sooooooo stunned that Dobby was killed! that's the kind of thing where i couldn't even cry, i was so in shock!

Mollywobbles ROCKS!!!!!

message 13: by Artemis Girl (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:27PM) (new)

Artemis Girl I think the best scene in book 7 was in Snape's memories...that was wonderful!! I read it many times...And each time I just could think that how much brave he was...

And that Godric's Hallow was perfect! It scared me really!

message 14: by Courtney (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:28PM) (new)

Courtney  (cocorenato) I was particularly surprised by Ron's return. I was not surprised when he left, in fact I had quite expected it. One of my theories was that Ron's jealousy was going to finally boil over and push him over to the dark side. Given that JK chooses many of the names for a purpose, I thought the weasel in Weasley was going to become a reality. Percy's actions strengthened this by providing what I thought was foreshadowing. Given all that, when Ron not only returned, but assisted and saved Harry, I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I was also surprised, and touched, at Snape's memories of Lily and his story. I never suspected that at all, and it made me view him in a whole new light. I found it to be actually very sweet.

message 15: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Cindy (supercin721) | 26 comments There's a lot here to respond to. First, I was hoping for Ron's return. When he left, and stayed away, I was so shocked and scared that he wouldn't be returning that I had to find out how long it would be until he returned. It wasn't cheating per say. I just flipped through the pages until I saw his name again. I was frightened that Hermione might be hurt but, by this point, I had a firm belief that Rowling just couldn't do it to us...she just wouldn't kill off those three. The scariest moment, or at least the saddest, came when it was time for Harry to go into the forest and sacrifice himself. I had already had a bit of crying with the twin's death and now, as Harry walked off, I couldn't even finish the pages. I honestly thought that Rowling was killing him off and I was so upset!
Anyway, even though I wasn't necessarily frightened, I had just this unhappy feeling throughout the entire reading. I felt like I was one of them, so vulnerable and lost, so scared! Glad it all ended well.

message 16: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:34PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Cindy I think you discribed the feelings well. I think I was shocked throughout the last six or seven chapters in the end.
When Fred died, oh I cried till I couldn't cry any more! And Dobby, Hedwig, Mad-Eye, Colin! But Lupin and Tonks! That was horrible! I could hardly continue reading!
When Harry saw Snape's memories I was not surprised. I thought that Harry would die, though I am very happy that things turned out different!
I shed more tears reading this book then any other book I have ever read!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie wrote: "This scene didn't scare me, but it was a welcomed surprise: when Molly Weasley dueled with Bellatrix!!! I had been thinking a bit earlier, "Isn't Mrs. Weasley in the Order? How come she never fig..."

I agree I really liked that part. I was really surprised that Fred died, and George list an ear.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)