Harry Potter discussion

FanFiction & Other Series > Completely Different Edition of Book 7 floating around

Comments Showing 1-50 of 133 (133 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ya'aqov (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Ya'aqov (benyehudah) | 10 comments B"H Has anybody else seen the completely different version of Book 7? I'm supposed to be sent a copy of the pdf soon. It has basically the same ending and same length, yet gets there in a completely different way. I'll let you know when I get ahold of it.

message 2: by Maryam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Maryam I have the fake copy. I can send u the pdf file if u want.

message 3: by Kirk (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Kirk | 10 comments FAKE COPY?!?! I want one! But I don't think that the fakey can beat the real one.

message 4: by Maryam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Maryam Hi Kirk
If you want the fake copy give me your email address so that I can send u the pdf file.

message 5: by Angela (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Angela | 2 comments What exactly does "fake copy" mean? Did someone else write it?

message 6: by Jocelyn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Jocelyn (teenbookreview) | 1 comments I want to read the fake copy, if you'll send it to me! xashxnightx at gmail dot com.

message 7: by Maryam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Maryam somone else has written this fake copy altough you will find the name of rowling as the writer, in the front page.

message 8: by Alien (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Alien  Citizen | 14 comments I would love to see it...emailaddy is lemuelgulliver at inbox dot com. Thanks.

message 9: by Kellianne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Kellianne | 3 comments Can you send it to me also? yeeahhaboutthat at gmail dot com

message 10: by Sarah Anne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Sarah Anne (sarahaf712) | 38 comments Could I see it, too? wannabkenobi at gmail dot com

message 11: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I have to call you all traitors to the story! But please send me a copy:). casma5 at yahoo dot com. I'd really appreciate that.

message 12: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i've actually read that fake copy before the real one and it was kinda good, well, there was too much snogging by harry & ginny, but i think their quest for the horcruxes was much better in there. anyone knows who wrote it? my brother & i were discussing wether it was jk's first work that got hacked from her computer that's why she made an altogether new one. like ya'aqov said it has the same length and basically same ending. remus & tonks death was so much dramatic there and dudley was given more scenes.... i dunno if we're talking about the same fake copy, though. can you enlighthen me, ya'aqov? can you also send me a copy at peng dot always at yahoo dot com? i'll send you guys my copy in case ya'aqov is talking about a diff. one.

message 13: by Lua (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Lua | 4 comments so confused, can't imagine someone else writing as good as j.k. my hero. but am nonetheless intrigued. i'll take a copy if we are still sending them around lua.in.the.sun at gmail dot com
thanks.

message 14: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments I also am intrigued. Could you also send me a copy? Email me at allthatjazz dot tara at gmail dot com. Thanks! Totally curious!

message 15: by Mel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Mel hmmm, interesting. I'd love a copy too if you're still offering. meltheindierocker at gmail dot com. Thanks!

message 16: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:52PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments i've sent copies to jocelyn, alien, kelliane, sarah & meghan last night but kellianne's mail was sent back by mailerdeamon ? hey, maryam, where's my copy in case mine is diff from yours... i'll sent some more to lua, tara & mel.

message 17: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments A little late in coming but could I have a copy of both as well? a.lyoness-at-gmail-dot-com

Thanks!

message 18: by Rosiecakes (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Rosiecakes wouldnt u like to kno | 1 comments to be honest i heard the the publisher wouldnt let jk publish the series if she didnt write the last one first or something becuase they wanted to know if it was going to be a successful series so she actully had it all this time and never said anything. and then i think she may have re-wrote it and changed some things she had to because of the the things she put in the other books.

message 19: by Alice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Alice Gold (alicewgold) I would also love the pdf version. alice.w.gold at gmail com. Thanks!

message 20: by Kellianne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Kellianne | 3 comments I did get a copy of it Peng, so I don't know why you got an email saying that. Maybe it was a mistake.

message 21: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments oh, ok. that'd good to know then. have you started with it? the beginning is quite good ain'it? will send the copy for alice and michele. maryam hasn't sent me the other copy so you'll only get 1. anyone starting already w/ the fake copy? shout a feedback here, ok?

message 22: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 1 comments I would love both as well. I do not think that I have read it, but years ago... I started reading HP right after the publishing of Prisoner of Azkaban... and I was researching it online and I can almost swear that I read something somewhere about Snape's memories that was almost identical to the Deathly Hallows. I wish I could remember where that was, or what exactly.. but crazy. Please if you have the time send it to me too. cherryblossommj at gmail com. Thanks so much!!!1

message 23: by Mel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Mel So I finished the fake copy... entirely too much snogging ;), but I did enjoy seeing that things could have gone a much better, easier way for Harry with everything still turning out better in the end. The writing was closer in style to JKR's in the first three books, so it was jarring to go back to that after the others had been written so beautifully. Still, it was a great story. Thanks so much for sharing it!

message 24: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Tracey okay, i've got to admit...i'm curious as all get-out! could you please send a copy of the fake versions to me at traceyfromkc at gmail dot com? thank you!

message 25: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Read fake one. real one tons better.

message 26: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments wow! fast readers! can't dispute you on that, meghan. i was just thinking how can anyone write in such close proximity as the real hp 7, but i have to admit some parts were twisted esp. w/ dudley... not giving away anything to those still reading! coming up, tracey & margaret. hey, maryam, aren't you gonna send me your copy?

you're right, mel, at first i really thought it was jk's writing but as i progressed i have this weird feelling that i'm reading one of those historical romance novel w/ all the fantasizing about ginny, snogging and all. bloody @#$%.....

message 27: by Mel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Mel I know Peng! Some of the changes I liked, but Dudly!? I nearly died. And with all the snogging, it was a little awkward, to say the least. But really, who didn't finish reading the real 7 thinking Harry and Ginny should have snogged a little more.... maybe that was just me ;)

message 28: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Tracey thank you, Peng! i'm looking forward to reading it tonight!

message 29: by Renni (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Renni | 2 comments it's not a fake. It's a fan doujinshi/fan made. It has released long ago before HP 7 was released.
Don't be confused.

message 30: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Jane can I get a copy of it too? janieanne2005 at yahoo dot com.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

i am new to the group and i would love to read this other book 7. can someone please tell me where i can find it. thank you

message 32: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Cathy | 50 comments Hi Samantha, I noticed you asked for the pdf several times. Have you gotten it yet? email me catherinejts@yahoo.com and I will send you the address Peng sent to me, OK?
I am enjoying reading it, and my husband has almost finished reading it. The kissing doesn't bother me in the slightest, being a former teenage girl, i understand those hormones. very realistic, if you ask me.
i just enjoy the differences between the two -- of course i ADORE jkrowling and will always think she is a genius. But this is interesting . . . it is impossible to top her though -- she is soo thorough and meticulous; I LOVE HER!!

message 33: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments will send samantha soon! she just gave me her email. you're right, cathy, the snogging is natural especially w/ teenage hormones raging . but it was a dead giveaway that it wasn't jk's work. as soon as you finished that copy post some comments on topics meghan and i started. i'd like to hear what you liked about it.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

thank you all for sending me copies... they somehow didn't go through...i wasn't able to pull them up but i did find the website that you can get it from. there are tuns of different stories on there... like one about Ginny's pregnancy and even about harry's parents.

message 35: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments eh? what's the website? gimme, gimme, gimme... don't you have the adobe reader in your pc? how come you didn't get it? i think my son converted it to msword file i'll try to send you that one.

message 36: by Lizzy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Lizzy I'm probably a little late in coming, but could someone send me this fake ending? bcoale@verizon.net is the email thanks tons!

message 37: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments although i'm a true HP fan, i really love the fake book 7!!! its really funny and i don't mind the kissing in the least bit cause it has more teenage stuff in it. xD its was cool.

message 38: by Omly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Omly Are you guys referring to The Seventh Horcrux (found at http://www.melindaleo.com/fics/tsh/).

message 39: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Elizabeth Mitchell (emitchellwrites) | 4 comments hey I would love to get my hands on a fake copy as well. enchantedweakness@hotmail.com
Thanks!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 09, 2007 12:26PM) (new)

i am going to have to check out that website... the one i found it on was http://www.phoenixsong.net

message 41: by Shifa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Shifa Lateef | 27 comments I'm a little behind so can someone PLEASE email me a fake copy for book 7. My email adress is sweetshif@hotmail.com

message 42: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Hey, Bre! It is pretty good! (Though the real one is much better) I've already told you my opionion on this. But, I don't think it's really betrayal, cause I read anything I can get my hands on about Harry Potter.

message 43: by Omly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Omly Well "The Seventh Horcrux" was not written as a fake copy. The author wrote it as fan fiction long before the book came out. Even JKR has been positive about fan fiction in general. However some unscrupulous individuals passed TSH around as a "leaked" copy without Melindaleo's knowledge or consent.

message 44: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments I don't think we need to qualify whether we are Harry Potter fans nor do I think we need permission to read fan fiction. The name of this group is Harry Potter and as such I think this thread is totally appropriate.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually liked The Seventh Horcrux. There are so many differences from the real version that it makes it interesting. I think that just because we read it doesn't mean we aren't true Harry Potter fans. JK herself read it and she said that she liked the twist of it. So does that make her any less of a "fan". She actually said that she is happy she touched peoples lives so much that they would want to create their own stories. Plus OMLY was right... The Seventh Horcrux was written before The Deathly Hallows even came out!

message 46: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:36PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments there you go, bre! nice going, samantha. i like the "other" hp 7 because the author really thought it through and some scenes are really good. it was almost like in the real one but the author had a different view on getting "there". it's just like what we're discussing here, we discuss the what ifs, and the author of that "other" hp 7 just made a book out of his/her imagination. that's not bad. that was jk inspired. ^_^

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

i actually like some of the facts in the seventh horcrux better than in the deathly hallows. i liked that harry didn't have to get shot with the killing curse AGAIN just to get rid of the horcrux. I liked that Ginny got to go along (even tho i think harry can do better than ginny) and that harry wasn't alone when ron was hooking up the whole time lol. i couldn't believe that the story was so close to the original in many points considering it was written by someone else. i liked the book and i would encourage everyone to read it.

message 48: by Emma (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Emma | 4 comments Could someone send me a fake copy too please?
kittycat9025@hotmail.com

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 09, 2007 12:26PM) (new)

i already posted this once but the website to find it is www.phoenixsong.net

message 50: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments WHOO HOO BRE!!!!

« previous 1 3