Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

The Homecoming (Thunder Point, #6)
This topic is about The Homecoming
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Series Reads > The Homecoming (Thunder point #6) by Robyn Carr , [Start date: June 08, 2015]

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Thunder Point 6
                      Cover

The Homecoming by Robyn Carr

At the age of nineteen, Seth Sileski had everything. A superb athlete and scholar, handsome and popular, he was the pride of Thunder Point. Destined for greatness, he lost it all in a terrible accident that put an end to his professional football career when it had barely begun. The people in his hometown have never forgotten what might have been.

Seth has come to terms with the turns his life has taken. But now he's been presented with an opportunity to return home and show his father—and the people of Thunder Point—he's become a better, humbler version of his former self.

Winning over his father isn't the only challenge. Seth must also find a way to convince his childhood neighbor and best friend, Iris McKinley, to forgive him for breaking her heart. With his homecoming, will Seth be able to convince the town, his family and especially Iris that he's finally ready to be the man who will make them all proud?

★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩

Please feel free to join us. As always expect spoilers.

Chapter Breakdown

Date Chapters PPDQs*
June 06 Chp.00 – 00 ????
June 07 Chp.00 – 00 ????
June 08 Chp.00 – 00 ????

*PPDQs = Person Posting Discussion Questions

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved

message 3: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 08, 2015 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments DISCUSSION QUESTIONS Part 1:

Chapter 1:

1. Do you feel like Iris is kind of slumming it? Why or why not?

2. What do you think is the reason for her Grudge? When do YOU think is a good time limit on grudges, if any?

3. How do you feel about Seth not trying to mend fences with Iris earlier (before returning to Thunderpoint)?

CHAPTER 2:
4. Okay, we have gotten the background of why Iris stopped being friends with Seth. Who do you think is at fault here and why?

5. 5. Does Seth and Iris seem like Mac and Gina 2.0? What are the similarities and differences in their dynamics?

6. Do you think Seth’s dreams about Iris features a one-time event or more of various fantasies featuring Irisi?

CHAPTER 3:

7. Do you think Seth’s dreams about Iris features a one-time event or more of various fantasies featuring Iris?

8. In Seth’s conversation with Mac at Cliff’s, Seth just admitted to asking both asking Iris and Sassy (Sue Marie) to the high school prom?

9. What do you think is going on with Sassy’s daughter?

CHAPTER 4:
10. Does you find Iris and Troy's relationship ironic?

11. Are you shocked the author revealed the grudge so early in the book?

12. How you feel about Iris punching Seth? would you feel the same if Seth retaliated?

CHAPTER 5:
Wow. I love this quote: Nelson Mandela — ‘Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. (page 80).

13. What do you think of Seth's method of apology?

message 4: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 25, 2015 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments DQ Part 2:

CHAPTER 6:

1. Do you think Troy knew the change of heart wasn't so innocence?

2. Who was more uncomfortable during the dinner, them or us/the readers? Perhaps it was amusing?

CHAPTER 7:
3. Take an early guess on who is messing with Rachael and let's see if you are right later on.

4. Impressed with Troy's observation skills?

CHAPTER 8:
5. Was Iris probing of Misty appropriate? Would you feel the same if you were Misty's mom?

6. Do you like how Iris is handling the situation? why or why not?

CHAPTER 9:
7. Seth was rather persistent in trying to take care of a sick Iris. Do you think she is missing the importance of that?

CHAPTER 10:
8. Are you surprised by the candy thief's parentage? Did you think that was just too cliche?

9. Why do you think Sassy seems fixated on Seth? Do you think she really cares for him?

message 5: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 25, 2015 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments DQ Part 3:

CHAPTER 11:

1. Grace and Troy...what do you think?

2. Is this a violation of the girlfriend code?

CHAPTER 12:
3. I liked the interaction of Seth and Robbie. Do you think this is a new beginning for them as possible friends?

4. Did you come away seeing Robbie and Sassy in a new light?

CHAPTER 13:
5. It was about time for Seth and Iris. Was it what you expected?

CHAPTER 14:
6. Do you think Seth Mom really didn't know what was going on next door?

7. Why is Grace reluctant to go with Troy?

CHAPTER 15:
8. What the Rachael's abuser who thought earlier? If so, what made you pick that person?

9. Was it handled correctly?

message 6: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 08, 2015 01:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments NEW CHARACTERS
Hero: Seth Sileski: Thunderpoint native. Played a year of pro football before an injury ended his career. Returned home to become Sheriff as Mac just got promoted to the police headquarters in Coquille. Mom is Gwen Sileski:

Heroine: Iris McKinley: School guidance counselor. former tutor and best friends with Seth. Her mother was Heroine: Rose McKinley:

Sue Marie Delaney nee Sontag "Sassy": high school prom queen. Ex-girlfriend to Seth. Mother to 3 children, Rachel, 12yr old Robbie Jr and .

Rachel Delaney: Popular junior at Thunderpoint high school; Cheerleader

Robbie Delaney: Football teammate of Seth's in high school. Frenemy of Seth. Sassy's ex husband;

Troy Hadley: New Guidance counselor; Iris' ex boyfriend.

Grace Gillion: Owner of Pretty Petals flower shop. 30 yrs old.
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀
CARRYOVER CHARACTERS

Hank (Cooper) Cooper:Full name is Henry Davidson Cooper. He's 37-years old and a former Army Helicopter pilot that formerly served with Luke Riordan. He came to Thunder Point after being notified of his friend Ben's death. Biological father of Austin, whom he shares with Spencer.
Sarah Dupre: Coop's wife! Used to be a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot. Raised brother, Landon.
Landon Dupre: Sarah's younger brother and dating Eve McCain. Plays college football as quarterback.
Rawley Goode: Vietnam vet and works for Cooper at the Bar.

Roger (Mac) McCain: Lieutenant at Coquille Police Headquarters aka Deputy Yummy Pants. He is 36-years old, tall, sandy-haired and blue-eyed. Has a daughter Eve & Dee, son Ryan. Married to Gina.
Eve McCain: Mac's oldest daughter who is dating Landon Dupre.
Ryan McCain: Mac's 12-year old son.
Dee Dee McCain: Mac's 10-year old daughter.
Lou McCain: Mac's 60-year old aunt who raised him from the age of ten and helped with his kids when his wife left. She's a school teacher. She's with Joe.
Joe Metcalf: Lou's boyfriend who is ten years younger. He's a retired Air Force colonel now working as an Oregon State Police trooper.

Gina James: wife of Deputy yummy pants, Mac; Works at the diner; Mother of Ashley.
Ashley James: Gina's daughter, dating Frank Downey. Attends community college and works part time at the diner with her mom.
Carrie James: Gina's mother who owns Carrie's Deli and Catering, which is across the street from the diner.

Eric Gentry: Ashley's biological father; Owner of Garage
Laine Carrington: former FBI agent who went undercover to bust the religious cult/drug operation. A consultant for cyber security. Has a brother and her dad had Alzheimer disease.

AL: a divorcee and employee of Eric, foster dad to Justin and his younger brothers. Normally a nomad but settling down with Ray Anne.
Ray Anne: Local realtor. In a relationship with Al. Nemesis/Friend with Aunt Lou

Spencer Lawson: Football Head Coach at ThunderPoint High. Raised Austin whom we later found was Cooper's bio son.
Deyn McAllister: Married to Coach Spencer. Devyn escaped a cult with her 3 yr old daughter Mercy with the help of Rawley, Spencer and FBI agent Laine Carrington.
Austin Lawson: mother passed away from cancer. Shares Cooper and Austin as fathers.

Scott Grant: Doctor, widower with two young children.
Jenny Grant: Scott's 4-year old little girl
Will Grant: Scott's 5-year old little boy.
Gabriella: Scott's 19-year old au pair
Peyton Lacoumette: A Physician's assistant from a Farming background. Girlfriend to Scott Grant.

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 08, 2015 02:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Ezi's Response to DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

Chapter 1:

(view spoiler)

Lara | 2335 comments Ezi, thanks for the cast of characters! This series is getting pretty broad and I have a hard time keeping track sometimes.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Lara wrote: "Ezi, thanks for the cast of characters! This series is getting pretty broad and I have a hard time keeping track sometimes."

Thanks but I can't take full credit. I copied LK's list from book 2 and tweaked it and added the new info

Jonetta (ejaygirl) FYI, I do the cast lists on Shelfari for each book. You're welcome to copy from there. I'm up to date on all books.

http://www.shelfari.com/books/3686213...

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Jonetta wrote: "FYI, I do the cast lists on Shelfari for each book. You're welcome to copy from there. I'm up to date on all books.

http://www.shelfari.com/books/3686213..."

Thanks

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I can see why Seth was unsure of Iris. She treats him like a brother not a girl who likes him. Her behavior was ambiguous to the guy who had girls throwing themselves at him

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Iris as a counselor----I don't know

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Thanks Ezi , these are great :)

message 15: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments When do you want to read this one ?

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Are you all happy with 8th ?

message 17: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments I'm fine on the 8th and 9th, but will be traveling on the 10th.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments I'll finish the discussion questions over the weekend.

Silvia | 643 comments I'm in for this one! I love this series.... ; )

message 20: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments I plan to read this this weekend. I had checked out the ebook from the library, then realized I already own it! I also own the next book. The newest one comes out at the end of June. Are we planning to read that one for August?

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "I plan to read this this weekend. I had checked out the ebook from the library, then realized I already own it! I also own the next book. The newest one comes out at the end of June. Are we plannin..."

yes we will , Lara :)
I got my book too and I'll start this weekend.

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 744 comments Yep, yall read away:D

message 23: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll start in the morning.

message 24: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments I'm starting now. It doesn't seem to be too long, so I hope to finish it this evening.

Silvia | 643 comments I'm just starting!!

message 26: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments I finished! It was good, although a little predictable.

message 27: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments Chapter 1:
1. Do you feel like Iris is kind of slumming it? Why or why not? No, but I think she's a bit idealistic. I'm not sure that her experience is as translatable as she thinks.

2. What do you think is the reason for her Grudge? When do YOU think is a good time limit on grudges, if any? Hmm, I thought I knew what it was, and, having finished the book, can say I was correct. I do think that 17 years is a bit long to not move on at all, though.

3. How do you feel about Seth not trying to mend fences with Iris earlier (before returning to Thunderpoint)? First, I don't think he'd have been successful as he was only in town for short periods of time, and she wasn't open to it. Second, he didn't know what he'd done, and she didn't tell him. So, he couldn't patch up what he couldn't see. I think he had to be there all the time so that she could see his character now was necessary.

CHAPTER 2:
4. Okay, we have gotten the background of why Iris stopped being friends with Seth. Who do you think is at fault here and why? I think it was a problem of immaturity on both their parts. I'm not sure anyone was at fault, but when Iris realized that Seth didn't know what had happened, she could have told him. His reaction would have been a truer test of character.

5. Does Seth and Iris seem like Mac and Gina 2.0? What are the similarities and differences in their dynamics? Well, not too much. Mac and Gina both knew they were in love with the other, but the other wouldn't act. Seth had no idea about his true feelings, and Iris was caught in her role for too long.

6. Do you think Seth’s dreams about Iris features a one-time event or more of various fantasies featuring Iris? I found that part a bit weird. I'm not sure why it was included. Was it some way to justify him continuing to think of her over the years?

CHAPTER 3:

8. In Seth’s conversation with Mac at Cliff’s, Seth just admitted to asking both asking Iris and Sassy (Sue Marie) to the high school prom? Well, he admitted that he remembered saying he'd take Iris, but then made up with Sissy. That was clear from both their memories.

9. What do you think is going on with Sassy’s daughter? Clearly something bad. Classic signs of abuse, but it's not clear who.

CHAPTER 4:
10. Do you find Iris and Troy's relationship ironic? No, because Iris is fully aware that Troy likes her more than she likes him. Seth wasn't aware of that with her. And Iris isn't willing to take advantage of Troy's affection.

11. Are you shocked the author revealed the grudge so early in the book? Yes! But at least it allows the story to move forward without the lack of communication that kept them apart for so long.

12. How you feel about Iris punching Seth? would you feel the same if Seth retaliated? It was unexpected. Since he didn't seem hurt, it didn't bother me. However, it was not a mature response at all. She's kept her 8-year old perspective of their relationship way too close to heart.

CHAPTER 5:
Wow. I love this quote: Nelson Mandela — ‘Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. (page 80). I agree. That was such a powerful and relevant quote. I wonder how much it influenced the story development.

13. What do you think of Seth's method of apology? Hmm, it seems very inconclusive to me. After all, we know that Troy is still hanging on...

message 28: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments CHAPTER 6:
1. Do you think Troy knew the change of heart wasn't so innocent? I'm pretty sure he realizes there is some previous history. But, he wouldn't know how Iris has been holding on to her memory of Seth for so long.

2. Who was more uncomfortable during the dinner, them or us/the readers? Perhaps it was amusing? It was funny. And, while I was uncertain about who was leaving her gifts that scene was a bit surprising. One thing that surprised me was how willing Iris was to go ahead and have dinner with Troy, when he clearly thought of it as a romantic date, and she'd been so clear that she wasn't going there.

CHAPTER 7:
3. Take an early guess on who is messing with Rachael and let's see if you are right later on. My guess was Sassy, that she would turn out to not only drink too much, but to also see her daughter as competition.

4. Impressed with Troy's observation skills? Yes. For someone so dedicated to playing (sports, toys, etc.), he's really dedicated to looking out for his students.

CHAPTER 8:
5. Was Iris probing of Misty appropriate? Would you feel the same if you were Misty's mom? Yes. As a high school counselor, her job is to intervene when students seem to be struggling in any way.

6. Do you like how Iris is handling the situation? why or why not? I'm not sure what her goal is, but it doesn't seem harmful.

CHAPTER 9:
7. Seth was rather persistent in trying to take care of a sick Iris. Do you think she is missing the importance of that? Yes. For all that she complained that she helped him growing up, he sure spent a lot of time and effort helping her and her mom on his own initiative. That seems to have been brushed aside. And I'm not sure why she doesn't want him to help her when she's sick.

CHAPTER 10:
8. Are you surprised by the candy thief's parentage? Did you think that was just too cliche? Yes, I was surprised. And at the parent's response as well.

9. Why do you think Sassy seems fixated on Seth? Do you think she really cares for him? I think she has ISSUES, and probably is always looking to others for something. I don't what what her deal is, but I figure she is pining for her days as Homecoming Queen. And he was part of that.

message 29: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara that was really fast :D
I'll start in a minute.

message 30: by Lara (last edited Jun 07, 2015 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments CHAPTER 11:
1. Grace and Troy...what do you think? Interesting. He seems rather immature, and she seems overly guarded. But, the next book is about them, so that could be interesting.

2. Is this a violation of the girlfriend code? In this case, I'd say no. Iris clearly has no romantic attachment to Troy, and as pretty obsessed with Seth being in town. I think Grace can tell how Iris feels. Plus, nothing happened.

CHAPTER 12:
3. I liked the interaction of Seth and Robbie. Do you think this is a new beginning for them as possible friends? I was surprised that Robbie turned out to be so stable and sincere. It isn't what I expected given their histories.

4. Did you come away seeing Robbie and Sassy in a new light? I thought that Robbie was fooling himself about Sassy and how good a mother she is.

CHAPTER 13:
5. It was about time for Seth and Iris. Was it what you expected? Well, that was over fast. She hardly put up any resistance at all.

CHAPTER 14:
6. Do you think Seth Mom really didn't know what was going on next door? Hah! I think she knew, but didn't let herself realize it.

7. Why is Grace reluctant to go with Troy? Well, I'd be leery of an invitation from someone I barely knew who had just been chasing after my best friend. But, it seems like she has some other issue--insecurity, fear, safety?--that makes her hesitate.

CHAPTER 15:
8. Was Rachael's abuser who you thought earlier? If so, what made you pick that person? No! It wasn't. But, to be fair, there was little information provided that would have led me to have made that pick. Although, if I'd really spent time thinking about it, the timing might have been suspicious.

9. Was it handled correctly? It was handled legally, but I'm not sure it was handled in a way that ensured her safety at all. That made me uncomfortable as Rachel would be vulnerable pretty often and there was no plan to observe to make sure nothing happened to her.

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments DISCUSSION QUESTIONS Part 1:

Chapter 1:
I don't think she. I think she's enjoining her life

2. What do you think is the reason for her Grudge? When do YOU think is a good time limit on grudges, if any?
Well I know now but before I know the full story I thought it was because she loved him and he hadn't known and broke her heart

3. How do you feel about Seth not trying to mend fences with Iris earlier (before returning to Thunderpoint)?
He might have tried but not very hard .

CHAPTER 2:
4. Okay, we have gotten the background of why Iris stopped being friends with Seth. Who do you think is at fault here and why?
It's both of them. Both of them made mistakes . Both should have been more honest and forward.

5. 5. Does Seth and Iris seem like Mac and Gina 2.0? What are the similarities and differences in their dynamics?
Hmmm I don't see any similarities

6. Do you think Seth’s dreams about Iris features a one-time event or more of various fantasies featuring Irisi?
Well he's been dreaming about something that really had happened. I can't really believe someone would do something while drunk and doesn't remember it at all. I've seen people not remembering bits and pieces but not the whole thing .

CHAPTER 3:

7. Do you think Seth’s dreams about Iris features a one-time event or more of various fantasies featuring Iris?

8. In Seth’s conversation with Mac at Cliff’s, Seth just admitted to asking both asking Iris and Sassy (Sue Marie) to the high school prom?
He did , he only knows about Iris because she told him ,I think.

Someone is beating her . I'm thinking it's her uncle (aunt's husband ) or cousin. I don't think it's her mother. she's probably drunk all the time and doesn't know about it.
CHAPTER 4:
Why ironic ?

I was surprised but I really liked it. I hate it when they drag it as a secret for the whole book .

12. How you feel about Iris punching Seth? would you feel the same if Seth retaliated?
LOL I liked it and no I wouldn't have liked it . heehee

CHAPTER 5:
Wow. I love this quote: Nelson Mandela — ‘Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies. (page 80).
me too 13. What do you think of Seth's method of apology?
I forgive easily so I would have forgiven him .As for Iris I'm not sure if she would !

message 32: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'll comment on your answer tomorrow , I want to read more now.

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 08, 2015 04:38AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oooh so many twists!

Silvia | 643 comments DISCUSSION QUESTIONS Part 1:

Chapter 1:
No, I think she's living her life the way she wants. She's in her 30s and knows what she wants and what she doesn't.

She feels Seth used her as a sounding board, maybe feels he should have remembered what he did when he was drunk. Obviously he didn't remember so she should forgive him but keep him at arms length until she figures out what's best for her. I'm all for forgiveness, I don't hold grudges, takes too much energy!.

I don't think he realized how much he hurt her. I think if he knew what happened or if she would have told him when he came home to visit he would have tried harder, he's not a mind reader! She could have approached him too!

CHAPTER 2:
both are at fault. She knew he was falling down drunk! She could have come clean when he told her he made up with Sassy! He was at fault for not being man enough to tell Sassy he had already asked someone else to the prom! But given their ages I can understand.

maybe that they started out as friends and it wasn't smooth transitioning into a romantic relationship.>

6. Do you think Seth’s dreams about Iris features a one-time event or more of various fantasies featuring iris?
not sure. I think when he came for his visits home before he moved back, he saw that Iris was growing into a beautiful woman and that may have triggered some of the dreams along with the drunken night.

CHAPTER 3:

See #6

yes, but it was because it Iris told him and he was just repeating what she told him, I don't think he really remembers.

I hope it's not Sassy that's abusing her, maybe it's her brother in law but someone is definitely abusing her! Somehow Seth and Iris will become more involved with each other because of this.

CHAPTER 4:
I feel sorry for Troy! But he should just lick his wounds and call it a day! It is kind of ironic given that Iris always felt more for Seth when they were younger.

no, I'm glad she did. It gives us more of a prospective when reading the story, behind the scenes on what caused the actions and reactions.

I did not like that! Why is it ok for a woman to physically hurt a man? I've never understood that, I mean equal rights and all that! If he would have slapped her would that be ok? NO!
CHAPTER 5:
I love it too! There's nothing worse than being around a resentful bitter person! It only poisons the person that's holding onto it. Give it up and truly live!
13. What do you think of Seth's method of apology?
I like it, when she slugged him(which I hated!!!) he got the picture and slowed down.

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments DQ Part 2:

CHAPTER 6:
I wasn't expecting the gifts to be from both Seth and Troy so that was a surprise for me .

2. Who was more uncomfortable during the dinner, them or us/the readers? Perhaps it was amusing?
Us I think ! None of them seemed that much bothered !

CHAPTER 7:
3. Take an early guess on who is messing with Rachael and let's see if you are right later on.
I'm thinking one of the adults in that house , it's either the aunt or the uncle

Yes he should get his masters degree and become a councilor

CHAPTER 8:
5. Was Iris probing of Misty appropriate? Would you feel the same if you were Misty's mom?
Yes ,it was appropriate , Iris was doing her job . If I had a daughter I'd been happy to see someone else is paying attention to her well-being . Her mother knew about why she was sad so I don't think she would have objected

It seemed very professional. I wish we had a councilor in our high school like Iris.

CHAPTER 10:
8. Are you surprised by the candy thief's parentage? Did you think that was just too cliche?
No not surprised at all , I was expecting that :P

9. Why do you think Sassy seems fixated on Seth? Do you think she really cares for him?
No I don't think she cares about him .

message 36: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments DQ Part 3:

CHAPTER 11:
Hmm I don't think any of them are interested like that . Whatever it is between it's not love at first sight !

No not at all ! G &T haven't done anything wrong and they told Iris about what they did .

CHAPTER 12:
3. I liked the interaction of Seth and Robbie. Do you think this is a new beginning for them as possible friends?
I don't think so . They haven't been that close in high school . They are just good acquaintances.

Yes ,Robbie seems like a very decent man and father , I see their relationship in a new way now . I still don't like Sassy.

CHAPTER 13:
I liked it

CHAPTER 14:
She had hoped but she wasn't sure. She probably thought there was something wrong

Hmm I don't know. I thought about it but can't come up with a good reason

CHAPTER 15:
8. What the Rachael's abuser who thought earlier? If so, what made you pick that person?
No , when he was first mentioned I thought he could be the abuser for a 30 seconds but said nah! He can't be . What I don't understand is why Cammie is keeping it a secret. She's not a friend if she is keeping her friend abuse under wraps !

I don't know . I don't think so . I don't the protocols in high schools but this was definitely was not the way I would have handled it . They are just waiting for something worse to happen to Rachel.

message 37: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I just finished it and gave it 3.5 stars . The biggest problem with the series is that there is no in-depth look into any of the problems that comes up . It makes the book a bit lighter that the other Robyn Carr's series "Virgin River" .
There is more angst in those books and nothing is left unsaid. There is murder , theft , natural disaster , rape domestic violence,amputation and...! All of them are dealt better and with more details and at the end of the book you are not left with this many questions.

message 38: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments So did you notice that Troy is going to Virgin River for Christmas? He doesn't call it that, but it's clear from the description.

And I'm glad this series has avoided all of the unplanned pregnancies that litter Virgin River. Not to mention the frequent life-threatening events. It seemed that nearly every book had someone almost die. While I enjoyed the variety of relationships featured in each book, I got tired of the near-death drama.

But, I think the second book in this series was far more angst filled than any of the Virgin River books. It seemed like everyone in town was suffering some difficult problems.

message 39: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "So did you notice that Troy is going to Virgin River for Christmas? He doesn't call it that, but it's clear from the description.

"

Yes I imagined him sitting in Jack's bar having thanksgiving dinner :D

message 40: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 08, 2015 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "And I'm glad this series has avoided all of the unplanned pregnancies that litter Virgin River. Not to mention the frequent life-threatening events. It seemed that nearly every book had someone almost die. While I enjoyed the variety of relationships featured in each book, I got tired of the near-death drama.

But, I think the second book in this series was far more angst filled than any of the Virgin River books. It seemed like everyone in town was suffering some difficult problems."

Lol I thought even #2 didn't reach the angst of virgin river books :P

This series is definitely lighter than Virgin River . You are right there were a lot of near-death drama . I gave 5 stars to some books in that series but none in this one. I think although the books are sweet , they don't touch me emotionally .

message 41: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments ShoSho wrote: " I think although the books are sweet, they don't touch me emotionally."

I feel much the same way. After reading the first two I wasn't certain I would continue as I wasn't as invested in the characters, even though I liked them.

And #2 was super angsty--especially with the teen drama. Everyone was unhappy for most of the book. I thought it was a real downer. Even at the end when things were more settled, they were just stable, not good.

Silvia | 643 comments DQ Part 2:

CHAPTER 6:

Well, Iris was intimate with him so he probably thought he had a shot, but after seeing her around Seth he knew!

I wasn't bothered. I think Iris may have been.

CHAPTER 7:

I think her boyfriend.

Yes, I like Troy. Very smart, caring, and observant.. He's a catch!

CHAPTER 8:

Very appropriate. if it was handled in the same way with my daughter I would have been fine.

She's helping Misty help herself. She's letting Misty make her own choices.

CHAPTER 9:
7. Seth was rather persistent in trying to take care of a sick Iris. Do you think she is missing the importance of that?

Iris is getting on my nerves! She's very immature! I wish she would get over herself!

CHAPTER 10:

No, it didn't surprise me at all! Sassy's not the best example of a parent and doesn't seem like the nurturing type so her kids will be out running wild while she's out galavanting around.

She's narcissistic. I think she wants anyone and everyone.

message 43: by Silvia (last edited Jun 10, 2015 12:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Silvia | 643 comments DQ Part 3:

CHAPTER 11:

I think it would be logical but when Grace brought up going snowboarding with him the last time he seemed to ignore it. Maybe he's gun shy after Iris rejected him.

Not at all because Iris didn't love Troy.

CHAPTER 12:

Yes. It least there's respect between them now. I feel bad for Robbie because he still loves Sassy.

I respect Robbie for putting his kids first. Sassy is a terrible role model. And she flirted with Seth in front of Robbie, makes me sick!

CHAPTER 13:

Yes, but I just hate when Iris acts out like she does! What's with pouring beer on Seth? So immature! I know Seth poured the water from the vase on her but she started it!

CHAPTER 14:

Maybe she did, LOL! But she was just making sure, after all, seeing is believing!

Maybe she's remembering a past hurt.

CHAPTER 15:

I thought it was her boyfriend because he didn't seem concerned about Rachel's bruises or concussion! A real boyfriend would have wanted to find who was harming his girlfriend and protect her!!

I don't know if it handled correctly by the state but I thought Iris and Troy did the best they could by getting teachers, coach, friend and principal involved.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Homecoming (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robyn Carr (other topics)