Start by marking “The Homecoming (Thunder Point, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Homecoming (Thunder Point, #6)

The Homecoming

(Thunder Point #6)

In a small town, reputation is everything. In her latest novel, #1 New York Times bestselling author Robyn Carr explores the burden placed on a young man returning home to face his mistakes—the first step in claiming the life he was meant to live ...

Mass Market Paperback, 346 pages
Published August 26th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Homecoming, please sign up.
Lori Howe I'm enjoying Thunder Point - it doesn't have the tears and angst I experienced with Virgin River, which is a good thing. Robyn Carr is still touching…moreI'm enjoying Thunder Point - it doesn't have the tears and angst I experienced with Virgin River, which is a good thing. Robyn Carr is still touching on subjects that are tough to understand if you haven't gone through them, and some we have known personally, it is interesting to find another path that was taken, or could be taken. Didn't even think I'd like Virgin River and loved it all the way through. Thunder Point is an addition I'm happy with, and it'll be fun to see where it goes and if any old characters pop up along the way.(less)

Auntee
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Virgin River series
Full review to follow closer to release date, but just a few observations for now:

*To be honest, while the Thunder Point series is good, it doesn't seem to have the same quality of romance that Virgin River does.

*There seems to be a theme with these books--we have an issue to portray/discuss--in this one, it's dating violence--and then almost on the back burner, there's the romance. And a rather mild romance in the heat department.:( I'd rather see more in the romance department, less issues.

*Ha
Wendy
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nov-15
Robyn Carr's one of my all-time favorite authors and her "Virgin River" series I could read over and over again.
Small-town romance is this author's specialty and in the "Thunder Point" series she takes us to the coast of Oregon.
Seth Sileski leaves Thunder Point as a football star to play in the NFL and after a tragic accident returns years later as the towns deputy sheriff. One of his goals is to reconnect with Iris McKinley who had been his best friend since they were children. They had a hurtf
Jonetta
Originally posted on The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Seth Sileski was once a high school football phenom in Thunder Point, actually excelling in college and playing with the Seattle Seahawks before a tragic accident sidelined him. Now he's back home as the new deputy sheriff in charge, hoping to repair his fractured relationships with his father and his once best friend, Iris McKinley.

Story conflict
Seth and Iris were best friends and neighbors since they were 4-years old until a heartbreaking incid
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Robyn Carr’s books are a perfect way to relax during hot summer days. When you add the wonderful narration by the amazing Therese Plummer, you get a book that is undemanding, but interesting enough to follow you anywhere. I’ve been jumping back and forth through this series, which is something I never do, but whichever installment I choose, fun and romance is pretty much guaranteed.

Seth and Iris have been best friends since childhood, despite their often diverging paths. They understood each ot
Angela
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm a big Robyn Carr fan, so this pains me...

The Homecoming was flat. Seth was flat, and his clueless but sensitive personality didn't seem to match with his sporadic aggression (alpha stuff in the bedroom; cop stuff at crime scenes). His character just didn't work for me.

Iris was awesome, though, and I liked her relationships with school staff and students. Brava to Carr for writing a smart, strong, intuitive guidance counselor who has her students' interests at heart. And I admire that Carr a
Julianna
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Small-Town Romance; Friends to Lovers Theme
Reviewed for THC Reviews
When I discovered that The Homecoming was a friends to lovers romance, I had high hopes that it would finally become another Robyn Carr keeper for me. This is one of my favorite romance tropes and after reading a long string of Ms. Carr's books this year that have been pretty good but not great, I really thought this one was going to break that streak and become a big winner. It started off well, and I really did enjoy the fact that Seth and Iris had been best friends sin
Ezinwanyi

This book featured "new" characters. Scott and Iris grew up in Thunderpoint and we're best friends until a HUGE miscommunication and event changed their friendship.

Scott went on to be a pro-footbal player and Iris stayed in Thunderpoint. Now Scott's football came to end and he moved back home to take Mac's position as Mac got promoted to Coquille.

When Iris sees Scotf in town all those feelings came rushing back. Can she forgive Scott for the mistake that He made 17 years ago and can they see ea
Kate Vale
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemp-romance
When I can't put a book down until I finish it, it's clearly five stars. THE HOMECOMING, latest in the Thunder Point series, qualified in spades. Perhaps why I'm so bleary-eyed today. Seth Sileski comes home to Thunder Point intent in getting his father to understand what really happened with a car accident ended his pro-football career with the Seahawks. A second goal is to make up with his former best friend. Since their senior year right before the prom, Iris McKinley, now a high school couns ...more
Pam Nelson
4 The Homecoming Stars

I very much liked this story. I am a fan of second chance romance’s. This book just was sweet and a little sad but what I loved about it is that it is also real.

The guidance counsellor doesn’t always have all the answers but she is there for and ear or someone to get advice from. I really liked how friendly she was with everyone.

But she was real too, when her old friend comes back she doesn’t through any punches she tells him like it is. And how much he hurt her. She isn’
Silvia
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and through it have become a fan of this author. I've become quite invested in this unique cast of characters that live in Thunder Point and look forward to the next book in the series!
Dee
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two-haiku review:

Once they were best friends
He crushed her then moved away
Can she forgive him?

Another winner
Series, but could stand alone
I love Thunder Point!

Rereading series August 2015. Still love it!
Susan
Excellent story of redemption and second chances. Seth and Iris had been best friends all their lives, up until their senior year in high school. They played and teased and talked, sharing all aspects of their lives. By the time they were in high school, Seth was the popular football star, while Iris was the shy nerd with the huge crush on him. They were still friends, though it was hard on her when he came to her with his girl problems. Then one night he got drunk after breaking up with his gir ...more
Alexa
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
FIRST THOUGHTS:

So. Damn. Good. I just love the way Seth & Iris work it all out between them. And I love revisiting Thunder Point to see all these familiar places again! CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE.

REVIEW:

(Originally posted on Alexa Loves Books)

Just after I’d read The Promise, I got The Homecoming for review. I tried to resist it for a couple of days, but finally caved on a random Friday and decided to read it. I kid you not – I devoured that baby from start to finish, without stopping for a
Christi Snow
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
I think that this has been my favorite book in this series so far. I really liked this one!

Seth has come home for two reasons...
1. To find some way to connect with his father who has never forgiven him for losing his chances at his NFL career.
2. To reconnect with his childhood and adolescent best friend, Iris. They had a disagreement their senior year in high school over the prom and things have never been the same between them since, even though they were best friends since the age of
Beth
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
The charm of the Thunder Point series is the feeling of coming home. Carr has written this series around a small Oregon coastal town where everyone knows everyone's business and is always willing to lend a helping hand. The Homecoming is a slight step away from this hometown feel. Although it is a returning home to Thunder Point story, these characters have been absent from previous books so you need to meet and learn all about them from this story itself. I enjoyed The Homecoming but didn't hav ...more
Jonel
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Welcome back to Thunder Point. After reading this, I swear I’m moving here.

Carr brings this fantastic world to life in the most complete way. One can easily picture Thunder Point and its surroundings through her intricate yet natural descriptions. The storyline was captivating. Carr combines past heartbreak with present healing to take you on a very emotional ride. Throw in a dash of heat and some unexpected trouble and you have a winner. Carr also tackles some very difficult and touchy subject
ScarlettReader
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: didn-t-like
Robyn Carr is one of my favorite authors and I really wanted to love this book. Unfortunately I just liked it and almost didn’t finish reading it.

I had a tough time with the first half of the book as the story seemed to drag for me and just didn’t have the feel of Ms. Carr’s writing. The second half of the book was more exciting and read more like a typical Robyn Carr novel.

While Seth and Iris have a rich back story going back to their childhood, I didn’t feel their chemistry. They are good fri
Catherine Anderson
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fabulous
Okay, I confess; I'm a Thunder Point fan. Robyn Carr seldom disappoints me. But I particularly loved this story because it's about a man who totally blew it as a teenager with the only woman he can ever really love. It reminded me of when I was a teenager myself, how deeply a wound to my heart hurt me, and how long it took me to get over it. I totally understood how the heroine felt and why she was so guarded when the love of her life returns home and targets her again. Yet, at the same time, as ...more
Kate's Corner
So I am big fan of Robyn Carr. I have all of the Virgin River and Grace Valley books. Up to this book I had also read all of the Thunder Point books. I hate to do this but I did not connect with the characters. Seth actually annoyed me so much that I wanted to scream out loud. I'm really disappointed.
Carol
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent addition to the Thunder Point series. Story and characters were good, as always. Some excellent and timely information related to domestic abuse, teenage driving, etc. but all linked meaningfully to the storyline.
Kelly
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
What I love about Robyn Carr's characters is that while they have issues and baggage, they're always mature. It's so nice to read about people actually dealing with their problems instead of simply angsting about them.
BJ Rose
May 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I guess it's really 2.5*, but the writing just seemed too wooden and flat for me to become engaged in the story. I believed the romance -sort of, but again, I didn't feel engaged in the characters. Maybe I need to swear off Ms. Carr for a while.
ShoSho
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: elib, x-2015

The problem with the series is that everything is shallow and on the surface . There are a lot of subjects that can be turned into great story lines but we only get glimpses of them. There is no in-depth for anything !
Marlene
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

I ended up reading this very late one night last week. I had just finished the book for Friday’s review at The Book Pushers and I really wanted something that would be lighter and have a happy ending. (That particular book was compelling but exceedingly dark, grim and twisted, and turned out to be not my cuppa). So I wanted to read about mostly good people who fix something in their world and find their happiness.

Robyn Carr’s Thunder Point series has always
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)

Seth Sileski had his whole future set at the age of twenty. He was popular, a signed up football player just waiting to become a star and so very handsome but one accident took everything away from him.
Now he is back in Thunder Point and even though many years have passed but the people of the town, his father and his best friend, Iris haven't forgotten his past mistakes.
Will Seth be able to prove that he is different now?
Can he earn the trust of his l
Tina "IRead2Escape"
hotness rating 3 out of 5

How does she do it? How does every book in this series just keep getting better and better. The Homecoming, book six in the Thunder Point series brings us Seth's story. Seth wasn't mentioned a lot in the previous books, so I didn't know what to expect or anticipate. After reading this book I am pretty sure Seth is my favorite. I know, I know! I say that a lot with these books, but I'm sure this time. Probably. Maybe.

Seth Sileski had it all and lost it all in a horrific
Abra
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book handled an annoying trope very well. Unlike a lot of the people that reviewed this book, I liked the side plot about the abused student. I thought having something interesting going on other than just the love story was a positive addition rather than an intrusive one.

In Seth's senior year of high school he got blind drunk and did an extremely crappy thing to his best friend Iris. The next day it was clear that he had no memory of what happened. Right on the heels of that Seth backed o
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

Robyn Carr’s writing is addictive. Her series are long, involve lots of characters and amble along, taking us along to visit familiar places and people.

The first Thunder Point books were more women’s fiction than contemporary romance, but the last few have focused much more on the main couple. There are only a couple of pages of this one (literally a couple!) that aren’t devoted to the main characters.

I loved the theme of this one. Hero and heroine grew up next door to e
Rhonda
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

5 STARS

I love Thunder Point. The Homecoming did not disappoint. It was full of drama, romance, heavy issues and a community of characters.
I love the characters. There are always a main couple and a whole town of secondary characters that some are old friends and others are new characters.

Seth Sileski is back home. He is the new deputy that has taken Mac's place. He grew up in Thunder Point. Now he is home. He is single. Made some errors in his past. Wants to keep the town safe. He also wants
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

"At the age of nineteen, Seth Sileski had everything. A superb athlete and scholar, handsome and popular, he was the pride of Thunder Point. Destined for greatness, he lost it all in a terrible accident that put an end to his professional football career when it had barely begun. The people in his hometown have never forgotten what might have been.

Seth has come to terms with the turns his life has taken. But now he's been presented with an opportunity to return home and show his father
  • Before We Kiss (Fool's Gold, #14)
  • Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)
  • Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • Carolina Man (Dare Island, #3)
  • Wild Iris Ridge (Hope's Crossing, #7)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor, #11)
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Sage Creek (Lonesome Way #1)
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The fourth novel, THE BEST OF US, in her fan-favorite Sullivan's Crossing Series was released in Jan. 2019. Robyn's new women's fiction novel THE VIEW FROM ALAMEDA ISLAND will be release in April 2019. Robyn is a recipient of the Roma ...more

Thunder Point (9 books)
  • The Wanderer (Thunder Point, #1)
  • The Newcomer (Thunder Point, #2)
  • The Hero (Thunder Point, #3)
  • The Chance (Thunder Point, #4)
  • The Promise (Thunder Point, #5)
  • One Wish (Thunder Point, #7)
  • A New Hope (Thunder Point, #8)
  • Wildest Dreams (Thunder Point, #9)
“Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies." -Nelson Mandela (Pg. 80 of The Homecoming)” 2 likes
“Uh-huh. I think she was flattered. It’ll help fill her bucket.” “Huh?” “You know—the bucket...” “What are you talking about?” “Well, the elementary school teachers talk about the bucket a lot. Everyone has one. When people say nice things to you, do nice things, make you feel better about yourself, they’re filling your bucket. When people are mean or insulting or hurtful in any way, they’re emptying your bucket and you don’t want to go around with an empty bucket. It makes you sad and cranky. And you don’t want to be emptying other peoples’ buckets—that also makes you unhappy. The best way is to fill all the buckets you can and keep yours nice and full by looking for positive people and experiences.” She smiled. Troy leaned his elbow on the bar and rested his head in his hand. “What do I have to do to get a job with you?” “Master’s degree in counseling.” She took a sip. “Easy peasy. You’d be great.” 1 likes