David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
This topic is about Ignite Me
Buddy Reads! > Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Eva, Jenny and I are starting a buddy read for Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi starting Friday, May 8th! Everyone is welcome to join!

There are no set chapters per day, we just read at our own paces and start each post with how far along you are, i.e., Chapter #, %, using spoilers where needed. Have fun!

message 2: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I'll join in as soon as I can!

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Still haven't read the second book.
I didn't enjoy the first one too much but considered giving the second one a try...
Do you guys think it's worth it?

message 4: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

I think so, but I really liked the first one.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments The only problem I had with the first one was that to me, it was more of an annoying romance than it was a suspenseful dystopia.
If that's toned down in the second book I could end up loving it.

message 6: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yes it is...its more about Warner actually. I actually did not like the way the book turned in the second book...but I think you'd like it! Its also more about her abilities, and more world building.

My fave thing about this series is the writing. I LOVE the writing!

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Interesting. I might give it a shot then.
I actually was not too fond of the strikethroughs; I was rather happy when the author decided to use them less frequently in the second half of Shatter Me. I do applaud the willingness to try something new; it just didn't work for me.
From what I've read, Shatter Me has a lot of lovers and a lot of haters. I fall somewhere in between. lol

message 8: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yes, I do think its all over the place as far as ratings!

message 9: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva It's worth reading. Its mainly whether or not you like ALOT of detail in the books you read and the plot is very unique in that sense.

Daniel, for me, the strike throughs were annoying and gave me a headache. ;) And yes they were toned down in the 2nd book! I highly recommend reading the novella Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi .

I started this last night but fell asleep within minutes. So I'm getting to it today. I'm 11% in and I love that we get Warner right off the bat. I KNEW it. :)

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments I loved this series!

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments Hey y'all don't forget to read the novellas, sooooo worth it. I think it's a must :)

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

Going to start this today!

message 15: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm 60% of the way in and although I'm not surprised (view spoiler)

I'm 28% in and my library is about to snatch this one back. I put it back on hold. ;) Too many books going at one time and not enough time to read.

I agree with everything you said Jenny and it sounds like it doesn't get any better between my 28% to your 60%.

I've never been over fond of Juliette though. I just find her whiney. :-D

It seems like she's finally finding her strength now so hopefully I'll start to respect her more.

Alison Morquecho (thebookishcamper) | 787 comments I really liked this series... :)

message 18: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva I am done and i absolutely enjoyed this so much

That's awesome Eva!! :)

I don't think I'm going to finish this one. I'm just not feeling it. Adam and Warner are both being jerks and they're annoying me too much. Maybe I'll try picking this back up when I'm in a more relaxed state of mind. ;)

message 21: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

I just finished it, and although I did really enjoy the dystopian parts of this, and the ending mostly, it was a really meh read for me. WAY too much drama with the characters. It really went from a dystopian to love triangle drama. I got to the point where I JUST DIDN'T CARE!

We can talk more if you ever finish it.

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Hmm. Mixed reviews then?
Might not continue the series after all.
TOO much stuff to read! lol

Gosh,Jenny, if you didn't care, then I know I really won't! I'm going to DNF. :(

message 24: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 3 stars

At least I can say I finished another series (one of my reading goals this year, finish up series I've started) And I know now if people start talking about this series, and won't feel out of the loop :)

Jenny wrote: "At least I can say I finished another series (one of my reading goals this year, finish up series I've started) And I know now if people start talking about this series, and won't feel out of the l..."

Glad you finished another series! :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ignite Me (other topics)
Destroy Me (other topics)