What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Herb Seasoning
This topic is about Herb Seasoning
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. book involving plain main character spinning wheel to change his life [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Itamoo (new)

Itamoo | 11 comments Read in early 99-2003, possible young adult fiction genre, however seem to recall sex scene.
It involves the main character who led a boring life having a chance to spin a wheel that would change his life. may have done it a few times, the third and final time i seem to recall him ending up with a hippyish lover, possibly named sandy or something french. in the end i believe he decided to keep his life but be more adventurous.

Main character had a plain odd named, believe it may be herb, and one of paths he goes down the girl he was seeing called him herbiforous (i think) as a nickname. he had a travelling salesman uncle who kept encouraging him to have fun and get out and change his plain life. early on a page or two was dedicated to describing the uncles hair as being perfectly groomed and that he would constantly challenge hairdressers to mess it up as much as possible to look like he just spent the whole night in bed with a good friend *wink* the hair dresser would take him upon the offer and at the end he would snap his fingers flick his hair and every follicle would jump back perfectly into place. may have sold hair product now that i think of it.

the front cover i want to say was purple or black, showed the back of the character facing a large wheel (think wheel of fortune but standing up facing him) that had various choices on it.

any more information needed please let me know as i try and recall the book

message 3: by Itamoo (new)

Itamoo | 11 comments bravo and thanks

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Happy to help!!

message 5: by Itamoo (new)

Itamoo | 11 comments updated book and changed it to YA solved

message 6: by Itamoo (new)

Itamoo | 11 comments main reason i was trying to recall it is i thought some of the scenes in it were a bit older than the 6th grade class i got it from back in middle school but then again i was the only one that ever pulled and read the books in my class

message 7: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Itamoo wrote: "main reason i was trying to recall it is i thought some of the scenes in it were a bit older than the 6th grade class i got it from back in middle school but then again i was the only one that ever..."

Julian Thompson's books could be a bit edgy. See The Grounding of Group 6: parents plotting to have their kids murdered and teachers hooking up with students, no big deal!

message 8: by Itamoo (new)

Itamoo | 11 comments in fairness the book shelves at home gave me access to l ron hubbard books, the gaia trilogyTitan and much worse things so it was still a bit tame for me. just an odd thought i had an couldnt get out of my head earlier when trying to figure out what i wanted to read today