Uppercase Box Book Discussions discussion

What else are you reading? > What are you reading??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamparkin) | 39 comments Mod
Share what you're currently reading and if you're liking it and/or recommend it! :)

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hufford (ashleyhufford) | 2 comments Just finished Kiera Cass's The Heir! I've been reading the series since before the Elite even came out, and I cannot believe I have to wait a year for another book.....

I did like it quite a lot though :)

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (bookishbren) | 13 comments I just finished reading Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins and loved it!!!!! Now I'm finally reading The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord! Like it so far!!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Ashley wrote: "Just finished Kiera Cass's The Heir! I've been reading the series since before the Elite even came out, and I cannot believe I have to wait a year for another book.....

I did like it quite a lot t..."

I did too!! I didn't realize there was going to be another book, though. Gah, the torture!

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (groundedwanderlust) | 9 comments I just finished reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and started reading Unravel Me by the same author. I kind of liked Shatter Me but am getting some Hunger Games vibes from the series, so I'm going to wait to see how the rest of the series goes before I recommend it or not.

message 6: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett I am reading bloodlines and loving it so far

message 7: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Veronica wrote: "I just finished reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and started reading Unravel Me by the same author. I kind of liked Shatter Me but am getting some Hunger Games vibes from the series, so I'm going..."

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins was done by suzanne collins shes a good author to

message 8: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Brenda wrote: "I just finished reading Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins and loved it!!!!! Now I'm finally reading The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord! Like it so far!!"

i loved the book the start of me and you it was fun to read

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (groundedwanderlust) | 9 comments Tammie wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I just finished reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and started reading Unravel Me by the same author. I kind of liked Shatter Me but am getting some Hunger Games vibes from the ser..."

I actually really disliked the Hunger Games. The vibe I'm talking about is (view spoiler), at least, that's where the Shatter Me trilogy is seeming to be headed to me.

message 10: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Veronica wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Veronica wrote: "I just finished reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and started reading Unravel Me by the same author. I kind of liked Shatter Me but am getting some Hunger Games vib..."

ok

message 11: by Alaina (new)

Alaina Bell (alainabell) At the moment I'm reading Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira and I'm almost done and so far I absolutely love it! It's made me tear up a lot too...

message 12: by Alaina (new)

Alaina Bell (alainabell) At the moment I'm reading Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira and I'm almost done and so far I absolutely love it! It's made me tear up a lot too...

message 13: by Estefani (new)

Estefani Hankensiefken (ehankensiefken) | 3 comments I'm currently reading papery towns by john green. (barely started reading the book)

message 14: by Estefani (new)

Estefani Hankensiefken (ehankensiefken) | 3 comments i meant paper towns

message 15: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Sauret | 1 comments I'm reading the Everneath series by Brodi Ashton. I like it & depending on the type of books you read, I would recommend it. :)

message 16: by Trista (new)

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 5 comments Just about to start Sanctum by Madeleine Roux. In the mood for something a little scary.

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily  (dustsmokeandglitter) | 3 comments This month so far, I've completed 100 Sideways Miles and Anna and the French Kiss. Both were wonderful!

message 18: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kathleen07) | 1 comments Right now I am reading Illuminae. I know it is not out yet (I got it at BookCon) but I would definitely recommend reading it when it does come out. It is somewhat confusing in the beginning, but I am in the middle now and I am completely hooked!!!

message 19: by Becca (new)

Becca (afellowbookworm) | 1 comments Currently reading The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway

message 20: by Sophia (last edited Sep 07, 2015 11:53PM) (new)

Sophia (sdurbin) | 5 comments Right now I'm reading The Tropic of Serpents. (It's the sequel to A Natural History of Dragons.) Highly reccomend for any history and fantasy lovers!

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Feliciano I just finished Saga Volume 3 which I really like and wish to continue soon!! I want to buy volume 4 but I prefer to wait until Vol. 5 is out to purchase them together! My next is going to be The Miniaturist and I am very excited to start that one!

message 22: by Paulette (last edited Sep 18, 2015 02:40PM) (new)

Paulette (paulettesaure) I'm reading Seige and Storm and will be onto Ruin and Rising next in anticipation of Six of Crows coming out soon! I love the series, beautiful writing and wonderful world building.

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (prettyvacant) I just finished the Burn for Burn trilogy. I thought it was going to be silly but it was fast paced and I loved all the characters

message 24: by Ronan (new)

Ronan I'm currently reading violent ends. It's slow going and a very emotional read. I can only read one or two of the stories at a time. But so far it's really good.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lgcoleman) I'm reading The Elite by Kiera Cass (book 2 of The Selection series) and loving it!

message 26: by Kris (new)

Kris Mauna (krissssm) | 14 comments ^^^ I love The Selection series!
I'm currently reading The Young Elites! This is my first time reading Marie Lu and I love this book! It's dark and full of evil, and lots of fantasy!

message 27: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey Sagaribay (harleyquinnette) | 2 comments I literally just finished reading "I Was Here".. which can I say was a huge emotional roller coaster of a book. Absolutely adored it, even though it was about a lot of, what I feel, are taboo subjects.

But I figured that was a good book to transition in to "All the Bright Places". I plan on starting this one on my lunch break tomorrow afternoon. =D

message 28: by Candace (new)

Candace (lizzybird) | 1 comments I just started the mortal instruments series...i know...i know, so behind! I bought the first 3 thinking since they were a bit chunky it would take me awhile...I got to the end of book three last night and was saddened to realize I would have to wait til I could get them on amazon (should be here tomorrow lol) so today I read the paper magician and loved it and immediately bought the other 2 in that series...I may have a nit of a problem. I bought 5 books on 2 days and am in a book buying ban so leta not tell the husband!!

message 29: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I'm currently re-reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman and it's excellent, if you like dystopian. Yesterday I did a read-a-thon and finished Through the Woods by Emily Carroll, The Walking Dead Vol 1: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman/Tony Moore, and The 100 by Kass Morgan.

Definitely recommend all of them. I didn't think I'd like The 100 because I had heard it's a lot different from the show, but I think I might have liked it better!

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica For the past three days I've been reading the Lunar Chronicles! I am really liking it! (currently reading Cress). Thought I'd start it now that the last book is coming out soon :)

message 31: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) | 7 comments I feel like I have been reading Girl of Nightmares for the past like month (I am sure it's been a week but still I aimed to finish it a while ago). I am unsure what to read next those. Maybe I will keep with the spooky ready and tackle The Shining

message 32: by Dana (new)

Dana Abel (danabethmarie) | 3 comments I finished Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway right before First & Then and I adored it. Really really good.

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lgcoleman) I'm on book 3 of the Selection series by Kiera Cass now: The One. Love it as much if not more than the first two!

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah King (kingbxth) Dana wrote: "I finished Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway right before First & Then and I adored it. Really really good."

I'm finishing up Emmy and Oliver right now! I'm loving it, definitely a 'warm-fuzzies' kind of book!

message 35: by Dana (new)

Dana Abel (danabethmarie) | 3 comments King wrote: "Dana wrote: "I finished Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway right before First & Then and I adored it. Really really good."

I'm finishing up Emmy and Oliver right now! I'm loving it, definitely a 'war..."

I was really impressed with it. I went in to it with little or no expectations at all. I thought it would just be a quick throwaway read, and I came out really really enjoying it.

message 36: by Trista (new)

Trista (islandgeekgirl) | 5 comments Started Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld/Margo Lanagan/Deborah Biancotti last night. Only about 150 pages in but it's good so far.

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Currently reading Heir of Novron by Michael J. Sullivan :) Really good so far! I have been super busy so I haven't had much time to read though :(

message 38: by Necole (new)

Necole  | 2 comments I'm so excited I received my first Uppercase shipment!!! In it I received The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. I am just about to start it and can't wait to see how it is!!

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah King (kingbxth) I'm just finished Snow Like Ashes and I'm getting ready to start on Fangirl. I just received my first Uppercase Box with Wolf By Wolf in it! That will definitely be devoured soon!

message 40: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 13 comments I'm currently reading I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. I've just started it, but it's good so far.

message 41: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) | 7 comments Im reading Water for Elephants but I am really feeling picking up The Hundred-Foot Journey

message 42: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) | 7 comments I need Illuminae :( I have only been hearing amazing things, not to mention I think it's such a gorgeous book

message 43: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I am currently reading The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas and The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle :) Really liking them so far :D

I am also impatiently waiting for my next Uppercase box to ship because I cannot wait to see what the next pick of the month is! I've loved every book I've gotten so far :) Thank You!

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Necole wrote: "I'm so excited I received my first Uppercase shipment!!! In it I received The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. I am just about to start it and can't wait to see how it is!!"

I can't wait to hear what you think!!

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberjoy88) Starting Illuminae tonight

message 46: by Sophie (new)

Sophie  (mindofabookdragon) | 2 comments I'm reading The Stranger by Albert Camus for class and Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List for a read along with some friends

message 47: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 13 comments I just finished Rook by Sharon Cameron, it took me a long time to get through. Now I'm speeding through the Uppercase December pick Not If I See You First. :)

message 48: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Starkey | 4 comments I'm reading the Dark Tower graphic novels, I've read the books twice, thought it was time to give these a shot. Very good so far, I would definitely recommend them, and the series they are created from.

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Starkey | 4 comments Veronica wrote: "I just finished reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and started reading Unravel Me by the same author. I kind of liked Shatter Me but am getting some Hunger Games vibes from the series, so I'm going..."
I enjoyed that series less and less as it progressed. I feel like it had a good plot, but the main character drove me crazy. She made so many mistakes and didn't act the way I think she shoud have. Maybe try the soul screamers trilogy if you haven't. It's a wonderful series.

message 50: by Alinne (new)

Alinne (alinnethequeen) | 3 comments I'm currently reading none of the above, the dreams thrives, the serpent King and and the last leaves falling. I'm probably going to start reading cinder tonight. As you can tell I read various books at a time.

« previous 1