Monthly Updates > What are you reading? May 2015

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie785 (new)

Melanie785 | 372 comments Mod
It is already Cinco de Mayo!

message 2: by Melanie785 (new)

Melanie785 | 372 comments Mod
I won an advanced Reader's Copy of Pirate Hunters by Robert Kurston. He also wrote Shadow Divers which I highly recommend.

I just started Behind the Beautiful forevers by Katherine Boo.

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments I'm reading The Sojourn by Andrew Krivak , a short historical fiction novel about World War I

message 4: by Ronald (new)

Ronald | 159 comments Mod
I found a couple of old Hardy Boys books at the friends of the Library Shelf at a local library. I started reading The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) by Franklin W. Dixon but this is a quick read. I remember struggling through these as a kid the books seemed to go on forever. ;-)

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments I was curious to see what author won the Nobel Prize in Literature the year I was born - 1955. I turns out to be Icelandic author Halldor Laxness, whom I had never heard of before. Looking over his works, and what is available at my local city library, I made my choice. Next up: Independent People by Halldór Laxness

message 6: by Ronald (new)

Reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler for something different and my mom liked it. So far I'm not impressed.

message 7: by Ronald (new)

All caught up on the Stephanie Plum books so I am going to try and read the in-between book Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum #13.5) by Janet Evanovich and see how that goes.