Bookmarks Subscribers discussion

Q and A > Are you a podcast listener?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1261 comments If you listen to podcasts, tell us what your favorite book or reading podcasts are. What is it you like about each one.? I know many of us listen to Books on the Nightstand, but there are many others.

message 2: by LynnB (new)

LynnB I don't listen to podcasts, but I check the Books on the Nightstand website every week or so.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1424 comments Books on the Nightstand - don't miss it. It's only 20-30 minutes. I like their format and they're fun.

I have listened to Bookrageous and Book Riot but they are usually about an hour and I don't appreciate the language.

I also listen to the New York Times Book Review every Friday.

I have a bunch more podcasts downloaded but just don't usually get to them.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments I listen to Books on the Nightstand, the New York Times as well as some episodes of Literary Disco. I also listen to The Readers, Adventures with Words and Hear Read This which are from Great Britain (except for Thomas on The Readers).

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue | 8 comments The Lit Up Show is a fairly new podcast I've enjoyed so far. I've listened to fun conversations with Hanya Yanagihara and Heidi Julavits. I also checked out Uncovered for the episode where Ann Kingman was a guest and enjoyed it.

I listen to The Readers and BOTNS regularly, but my all time favorite is the New Yorker Fiction Podcast, which I eagerly anticipate every month.

message 6: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (ebburtis) | 1261 comments Oh goody! Some new ones to check out. I've been listening to so many books that I am backed up on my podcast listening. But Books on the Nightstand is always on the list. Very occasionally I listen to The Readers, Bookrageous and Literay Disco. I hate to admit it, but the hosts of the latter two are just too young for me. I like many of the Slate podcasts, but the book one is the Audio Book club and if I've read the book, I listen to that one after.

I also like the New Yorker one and Selected Shorts is similar but all short stories read by performers of stage or screen.

message 7: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments Ok, I am a newb here. How do I get a podcast?

message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1424 comments Sera wrote: "Ok, I am a newb here. How do I get a podcast?"

Go to iTunes and have them downloaded to your device. Some cost a little, many are free. Once you subscribe to a podcast it will automatically download to your device when there is a new one.

message 9: by Sera (new)

Sera | 1325 comments Awesome! Thanks, Linda :)

message 10: by Jeana (new)

Jeana (jeanalovesbooks) | 45 comments Book Riot, All the Books, Reading Lives, Books on the Nightstand are the book related Podcasts that I listen to regularly.