IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Iggle Reading Challenges > May 2015 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Hello Iggleworms!!

May's theme are those men and women we love to hate (or maybe just love if their name is Loki) Super Villains! This month I'm tying it in with the Panels 2015 Read Harder Challenge. If you've been wanting to get into comics or just read more of a variety here is your chance to start and knock one off the read harder challenge list.

For this month your challenge is to read a comic where the protagonist is a Super Villain!

Here are some links to help you out. There are also some suggestions in the comments of the panels.net link
http://panels.net/2015/01/26/read-har...
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

If you want to check out the full challenge and maybe give it a go here is the link. I'll post a discussion group on each of these this week.
:)
http://panels.net/2015/01/12/panels-2...

Rules are:
-It has to be a new book for you, one you haven't read before
-It must be different than our other book picks, so it can't be the same main, comic book, manga or series we are reading that month
-You have to read it within that month to get the achievement.
-Check in with us once you've read your book, you can do that here, on twitter, the IGGPPC forums or our new Instagram page, I love seeing covers so take a picture and share with us!

Don't forget to message me once you've completed this challenge for and achievement code

Have fun everyone!!

message 2: by Clémence (new)

Clémence | 117 comments I just bought Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth during the Free Comic Book Day ! \o/ What a perfect timing. ^^

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Ooh, this one is interesting and a toughie. My local library is really lacking in comics so I'll have a good root around next time I'm there.

message 4: by Regan (new)

Regan (mollytornado) | 36 comments I couldn't decide between Joker or Irredeemable, Vol. 1, so I'm going to read both.

message 5: by Clémence (new)

Clémence | 117 comments @Regan : I like your mentality. ^^

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) Regan wrote: "I couldn't decide between Joker or Irredeemable, Vol. 1, so I'm going to read both."

and now you've went and added things to my to-read list

message 7: by Christa (new)

Christa (lessthn3) | 90 comments I read Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me & Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 2: I Cannot Tell a Lie, and they were great! I had already purchased them on Free Comic Book Day so this challenge was perfect!

message 8: by Ana (new)

Ana Kitsune Ninko | 22 comments Hi, I am totally new here orz

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Ooh, I'm going to read Bear Volume 2: Demons: v. 2 (and Vol 1 again first) because it's brilliant, and Looshkin is a supervillain, he's a bad pussy cat :D

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Ana wrote: "Hi, I am totally new here orz "

Welcome Ana! Let me know if you have any questions!

message 11: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (dezpresso) | 1 comments I wish there were more suggestions on that list as I'm not feeling any of the ones I'm seeing so far, and I'm having trouble trying to find one. At least I still have the rest of the month to look!

message 12: by Ana (new)

Ana Kitsune Ninko | 22 comments Hi, Michelle and others ;) Thanks, I totally got the Challenge of the Month and am gonna read Magneto: Testament... but don't know which is/are the book(s)/comics of the month

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Ana wrote: "Hi, Michelle and others ;) Thanks, I totally got the Challenge of the Month and am gonna read Magneto: Testament... but don't know which is/are the book(s)/comics of the month "

They are shown on the groups main page, which I don't think you can view on the app or mobile version of the site.
They are:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Batman: The Killing Joke
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
there are discussions for each book too

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Desiree wrote: "I wish there were more suggestions on that list as I'm not feeling any of the ones I'm seeing so far, and I'm having trouble trying to find one. At least I still have the rest of the month to look!"
If I come across any more lists I'll post them, but my plan is to head to the library and see what they have for super villain comics

message 15: by Chandrika (new)

Chandrika (chachiachoo) | 27 comments I think I might read Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories !!

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments Chandrika wrote: "I think I might read Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories !!"

I need this book in my life... I may read this one too!

message 17: by Ana (new)

Ana Kitsune Ninko | 22 comments Besides X-Men: Magneto Testament, I've just finished reading X-Men: Mutant Genesis 2.0 and recommend them both xD The first is more of one of Magneto's origin story (though I do not consider Magneto a super villain... for me he is more of a tragic hero/antihero, just like Loki ... - and at the end of the day both kind of ... save the day in their twisted ways... ) and the second is action-packed and we got to meet Magneto again... and a lot of supervillains from the Marvel universe... <3

message 18: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts As I don't know much about comics/graphic novels I stuck with the Batman theme and read the Joker`s Asylum comics. I got to get a look at a lot of villains. they were all written and drawn by different people so it was a mixed bag. I preferred the artwork in some an the story in others. I loved the Posion Ivy artwork and I enjoyed the Penguin storyline but wasn't keen on the drawing. A real mixed bag.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather (seaanemone) | 19 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ooh, I'm going to read Bear Volume 2: Demons: v. 2 (and Vol 1 again first) because it's brilliant, and Looshkin is a supervillain, he's a bad pussy cat :D"

So much fun!

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate C | 65 comments Mod
I was limited by what was in the local library, but I've just finished Joker for this. It was alright, just not really my sort of comic.

message 21: by Claire (new)

Claire | 45 comments I just read Sucicide Squad Vol. 1 for this months challenge. It introduced a lot of villains that I'd never heard of... But now I want to know more. Especially about King Shark.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria | 25 comments Phew, Loki Agent of Asgard: Trust Me finally came into the library on Friday so I just caught this challenge in time! I thought it was a lot of fun, definitely a must read for anyone who is a fan of the current film version of Loki.

message 23: by Regan (new)

Regan (mollytornado) | 36 comments Bummer. I didn't get around to doing this month's challenge. :(

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I ended up reading the first volume of Suicide Squad for this. I wanted to get around to it before the movie is released and it was much better than I thought it would be! I'll probably end up finishing the series.