Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
This topic is about Clockwork Princess
Clockwork Angel Discussion > Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay, Conquering YA One Book at a Time (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay | 79 comments Mod
Use this thread to discuss the final book in the trilogy, Clockwork Princess.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Really good conclusion to the trilogy!

Ashlee Not sure if anyone else had this reaction, but I bawled my eyes out in the epilogue…don't think I've cried that much since Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

The ending gave me the same sort of feeling I had after the last episode of How I Met Your Mother though…it made sense, and I guess I should have seen it coming…but I probably would have been happier to end things the episode before (or in this case, the last chapter before the epilogue)

Sabrina (forebodinq) | 31 comments Yeah, you're not alone there! I cried quite a bit during that epilogue. It's definitely up there with Allegiant and Mockingjay in terms of my volume of tears :')
That said, I really enjoyed Clockwork Princess. I thought, in general, it concluded things very well.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Definitely not alone, Ash! It was really moving and emotional :) I would've been happier ending a little earlier too, in some ways the epilogue was a bit of cheating on Clare's part! You can't have BOTH!

message 6: by Alhanoof (new) - added it

Alhanoof (mikakalvin) | 3 comments David wrote: "Definitely not alone, Ash! It was really moving and emotional :) I would've been happier ending a little earlier too, in some ways the epilogue was a bit of cheating on Clare's part! You can't have..."

As much as I loved the ending. I personally think it was perfect because I don't blame Tessa for getting attached to both when I wanted her to choose both. Clare was only cheating when she made Will and Jem too lovable for their own good :')

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Ha! That's a good way of putting it. You're right, she made it IMPOSSIBLE to pick a favorite. Darn Clare for being so good at developing her characters LOL!

message 8: by Kay, Conquering YA One Book at a Time (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay | 79 comments Mod
Because I couldn't choose between Will and Jem, it was a sweet, beautiful ending. I understand that Clare really didn't want to upset the fandom, so I think she made some good choices...

message 9: by Roo (new) - rated it 1 star

Roo James I'm gonna be the buzz kill here I guess. I absolutely hated the 3rd book. The first 2 I enjoyed. But I really struggled completing the 3rd. It was too melodramatic and every single character was a bit too love sick for my liking.

Ashlee Roo wrote: "I'm gonna be the buzz kill here I guess. I absolutely hated the 3rd book. The first 2 I enjoyed. But I really struggled completing the 3rd. It was too melodramatic and every single character was a ..."

That's an interesting observation - I actually found the second book to be more melodramatic than the third…everyone has their personal opinion and perspective though!!

Personally I'm not usually a fan of melodrama or love triangles but i think Clare actually did it pretty well here - she took a lot of inspiration from 1800s gothic romance which I quite enjoyed

Young Adult Book Reading Challenges

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Allegiant (other topics)