Kenyons Minions discussion

Time Untime (Dark-Hunter #21; Hellchaser, #4; Were-Hunter, #7)
This topic is about Time Untime
Time Untime BOTM

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shari-amor | 5271 comments Setting: Las Vegas, NV

The Mayans aren’t the only ones with a 2012 prophecy…

Long before recorded history, there was a warrior so feared that everyone trembled before his wrath. Only a brutal betrayal by the one closest to him could defeat him. But not even death was the end of a man so strong.

The Time Untime approaches…

Kateri Avani has been plagued her entire life with dreams she doesn’t understand. Images of places she’s never been and of a man she’s never seen. Her quest for answers has driven her to Las Vegas where she hopes to finally silence the demons in her mind.

What she never anticipates is coming face to face with the warrior who has haunted her her entire life.

Ren Waya came back from the dead to keep the prophecy he began from coming true and ending the world. For thousands of years, he has fought the same evil that once possessed him. But now that evil has brought back the one person he can’t fight. The one person who once held the most sacred part of him.

His heart.

But if he doesn’t kill Kateri, the deadliest of evils will reemerge and destroy everyone else on the planet. It was a sacrifice he made once.

Will he be able to make it again?
-----------------

Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

message 2: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments I liked this book quite abit!
We caught up with some great characters again, Nick especially since he is my altime favorite character.

Urian is also a great character and we got acquainted with Cabeza.

message 3: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I thought it was really interesting take on another version of the Ash and Styxx story of sorts.

message 4: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments I rather like this book, now that I've read it several times. XD

I'll admit, at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book or not, since it was going into a somewhat different set of beliefs (same ones from Retribution). And it was a bit confusing for me the first time I read it. Second time through, though, I understood it better. =)

(For those who may not know, here in the US, there is no specific pantheon for Native Americans. The beliefs and religious practices vary somewhat from tribe to tribe, and there are literally hundreds of tribes. SK explains how she came up with this pantheon with the Four Guardians on the official site (Retribution page)--go to "The story behind the story": http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/book/r...

Disclaimer: No, I'm not even remotely close to an expert on Native American beliefs.)

Okay, that said, I found a number of interesting tidbits in this book. Such as the mention of Apollymi (which goes to show that the Primals were known to several different pantheons); the reason Nick's been such an ass, especially to Ash; the name of another Chthonian, Ecanus (plus the hint that they were assigned to various pantheons); the small mention that the Atlantean gods weren't really dead ... and of course, Artemis.

She really surprised me in that she had taken Ren's soul LONG before the Dark-Hunters (okay, so she did it to stay alive herself, since she'd sworn on the River Styx to keep Ren alive). And Ash didn't know about him for like 7000 years ... which boggles my mind.

It was also somewhat surprising that she sent Nick to guard Kateri. Again, likely for somewhat self-serving interests, but still. How often have we seen Artemis send someone to guard over someone else?

I really liked the banter in this book; Cabeza was hilarious, as were Sasha and Sundown. And Urian seemed less disgruntled in this book. =)

And last but not least, the big reveal on Braith. =D

message 5: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments Exactly!! I liked this book! Awesome points as usual Charlotte!
In Nicks defense he is the raw manifestation of raw evil, hatred & destruction. It's not in his nature to even understand love and compassion and it shows an incredible strength of will and character, I think it's worth mentioning that it's pretty impressive he hasn't gone for Acherons throat yet. I thought it was great the transformation Nick had when he's not in Ash's presence he almost seemed like his old self.

I HAD NO IDEA REN WAS SO OLD!!!!!

Cabeza was an incredible addition to the DH world,
Urian, Sasha and Cabeza were hysterical together with all the banter.

Defo had my suspicions about Polly but it's nice to have it official.

message 6: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Slick wrote: "Exactly!! I liked this book! Awesome points as usual Charlotte!
In Nicks defense he is the raw manifestation of raw evil, hatred & destruction. It's not in his nature to even understand love and co..."

Good points there about Nick. =)

Yeah, this is the first DH book that goes into more detail about why Nick is so angry at Ash. And yes, it is quite impressive that he hasn't gone for Ash's throat yet. =)

message 7: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Charlotte wrote: "I rather like this book, now that I've read it several times. XD

I'll admit, at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book or not, since it was going into a somewhat different set of be..."

I seriously need to take notes when I read from here on out. I could have swore I never heard of Apollymi being Braith before someone mentioned it was on wiki. And yet, I have read this book and it must have come and gone right out of my head in no time flat lol.

message 8: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (last edited May 05, 2015 09:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments It was almost too obvious, lol. XD

The big one was that Braith was locked in Kalosis and had had a son. (Only one goddess in that situation. ;D)

Another, smaller hint earlier in the book: Apollymi was described by Ren as having "white" eyes. Only one other goddess has been described as having white eyes--Braith. In fact, it doesn't even register until taken in context with the other big hint. =)

message 9: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments But how does she have white eyes when it has been said in other books that Ash gets his eyes from his mom too?And we know Ash's eyes aren't white...Maybe it's a incarnation thing or another form she can put on and take off?

message 10: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments I think it's more that Apollymi's (and Ash's) eyes are so pale in silver, that they sometimes appear white to some people. =)

Truthfully, I didn't even catch that description of Apollymi's eyes as white until I re-read the book this time around. XD

message 11: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Or they kill them so fast, the last thing they think they see is white eyes, LOL. But to be honest I always loved their eye color personally. Mercurial I believe was used a few times or two. Still pretty boss to me. :D

Yea, have to be in the moment to catch certain things you missed the first time around.