Ga'Hoole at Goodreads! discussion

Welcome to Ga'Hoole on Goodreads!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by QuetzalQueen (new)

QuetzalQueen | 15 comments Here you can introduce yourself as a fan of Ga'Hoole and join!

message 2: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Hello!

message 3: by QuetzalQueen (new)

QuetzalQueen | 15 comments I'm happy to know you have joined this group! I think I have created too many topics for a group that will probably have only a few members- should I create one topic for all the topics I have listed?

message 4: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Nah, I think that's fine. Discussion that way will be more organized, even with few members. What would be good too can be roleplay.

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Packer (Jessie_Lou) | 6 comments Hello! I read this series.. probably third grade? But it is still my favorite series today, seven years later! My favorite owl is Gylfie.. but I'm not sure as to how I spell her name. thank you to whoever started the group!

message 6: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) You spelled gylfie right :) It's an amazing series, yes. I have all the books, the movie and the game :P

message 7: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Packer (Jessie_Lou) | 6 comments Thank goodness! I was starting to worry. I haven't read the series in a while. I do have all the books, and the movie. I also have Lasky's other series, wolves of the beyond. I just love her writing style :)

message 8: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) True, her style is pretty awesome. She's a very good writer in my opinion. I also like wolves of the beyond. Have you read the one about ezylrib?

message 9: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Packer (Jessie_Lou) | 6 comments I am sure I have, but it has been a while since then.. unfortunately. How many books are in that series now? would you know?

message 10: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) For ezylrib it's only 1

message 11: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Packer (Jessie_Lou) | 6 comments oh. maybe I haven't then. what about the amount in Wolves of the Beyond.. do you know? I read about three to four of them.

message 12: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) For that one I do not know. I've only read the first one.

message 13: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Packer (Jessie_Lou) | 6 comments I read up to spirit wolf.

message 14: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Packer (Jessie_Lou) | 6 comments I believe there are six, but I am not sure.
see ya later :)

message 15: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) It's just that I kind if don't have time for those ones anymore.

message 16: by QuetzalQueen (new)

QuetzalQueen | 15 comments Jessie wrote: "Hello! I read this series.. probably third grade? But it is still my favorite series today, seven years later! My favorite owl is Gylfie.. but I'm not sure as to how I spell her name. thank you to ..."
Hi Jessie! QuetzalQueen here. I am the creator of Ga'Hoole at Goodreads, and I am happy you like this group! :) I recommend you read the book about Ezylryb, The Rise of a Legend, if you haven't yet. It is very interesting,and the story has a good theme to it too. Also, have you read Lost Tales of Ga'Hoole or the Guide to the Great Ga'Hoole Tree? It's awesome you have loved the series for so long-you are very loyal to Ga'Hoole! Gylfie is one of my three favourite characters, along with King Coryn and Eglantine.

message 17: by QuetzalQueen (new)

QuetzalQueen | 15 comments I thought this group wouldn't become popular at all, but it has! The reason why I've been away from Goodreads a lot is that I got a DeviantArt account and I've been spending lots of time on that. But I'll try to be active in this group more often now.

message 18: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Great! It's fun to discuss this series and stuff.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments I was first introduced to this series actually by an advertisement for the game- then I forgot about it until I saw the trailer for the movie and I diddn't realize it was a movie too. I watched the movie and I loved it. It's now one of my favorite movies. So I decided to get the first book and I'm surprised by how violent the first book alone is compared to the movie which was already violent. Am I the only one who was surprised especially by the the bats bleeding?

message 20: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Hi! Hahaha, I wasn't much surprised. I mean, it's an amazing series and all, and it's not really shocking. It's also not very graphic at all (the movie). The books are more serious compared to the movies.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments it's still violent for a kids movie

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments im fine with that i like violent kids movies - that way I don't feel embarressed when I watch them

message 23: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Hahaha, fair enough! :P Who's your fav. Character?

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments From the movie it has to be lyze- I just got books 2-6 and 13 so I've got some reading to do I guess.

message 25: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Nice. I have all the books :P

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments They're really expensive. That's why I'm getting one at a time on ebay.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments What exactly is this thread for? I don't want to keep posting stuff on here if it's stuff that I'm not suppose to be doing.

message 28: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Hahaha, it's for introducing one self, but two group's a little dead so I don't think there's a problem.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments Ok. Good. I noticed that other Ga'hoole groups want the users to type grammatically correct or else they'll off you or give you a strike. Is that the case for this group or am I allowed to type like a teenager texts his friends? P.S. I'm not one of those people. I almost never use u or r or abbriviations.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments And I also have a question. Do you or anyone recommend the Lost Tales or is there a reason they became lost?

message 31: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) well, I'm not sure. I don't think the mods are even active anymore. As for the lost tales, I'm not sure :P

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments Is the game any good?

message 33: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) the gahoole one? Yeah, I have it.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments Am I the only one who notices that when they make video games based on movies, they never make the game about the characters you see in the movies, it's always before them and then adventually like you have to play for like 2 hours before the characters from the movie are even introduced?

message 35: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) well, the game is pretty awesome. It's one of the games I've actually finished (it's super short, sadly) and I loved it.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments Im hoping to get the 3d version of the movie in the coming years. Ive heard it's one of the greatest 3d blu rays right up there next to avatar. And I'm so thankful that Zack Snyder directed it. Anyone else and it wouldn't have been nearly what it looks like. He made it like a live action movie and it has the best animation I've ever seen.
Some frames looks real.

message 37: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) True, it was amazing. Have you watched the good dinosaur though? Now that one the scenery looks realistic.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments No but I really want to. And Zootopia.

message 39: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) Ohhh! I can't wait for zootopia! And the good dinosaur is nice, not really good story, but I still liked it.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments I wish we would get more photorealistically animated movies like guardians than (don't me wrong I like alot of these movies) the Dispicable Me type animated movies.

message 41: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) I think despicable me was nice. Now, Minions... that was an entirely different story. I wish the same :/

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments I've only seen 2 2015 movies. It's so sad. I have The Martian on dvd (coze I like scientifically accurate sci fi movies) and a direct to dad sequel you probably haven't heard of. Dragonheart 3

message 43: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) i saw it. It's awesome! As for the martian, I loved it!

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments Wait...You've seen DH 3?

message 45: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) yep

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments wow I thought I was alone. It can't compare to the original but it was good. The original is a classic. Sean Connery as a dragon. Who would've thunk it would work?

message 47: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) I know, I've seen the three. So far, I think the second one is the least good one. I still like it though. The first one is awesome! Sean Connery's voice really gives the right impression. And the music by Randy Edelman is beautiful.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments Do you wish they should've made a lotgtoog 2? Or should someone reboot it, adapt the books the right way (a skill long gone) but keep the same astetic style?

message 49: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) I'd love it! It's be something really great.

Child Taeko Rebel | 47 comments This movie and The Da Vinci Code are my 2 favorite movies of all time. I watch them every other weekend basically.

« previous 1 3