What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Girl who read while sitting within a doorframe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amina (new)

Amina TheWriter (aminathewriter) | 7 comments The main character was 9 years old and liked reading books. She would climb doorframes and then sit there (using her legs to hold herself within them). Im sorry I don't remember anything else. I read the Anastasia books when I was young and thought it might have been from that but having re-read a few of them I don't think this came from the same series. Any ideas? The book was probably written in the 80's / 90's. THANK YOU!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4844 comments Staying Nine could be it.
I found this review on Novelist:

[excerpt] Heather, nine, has had a wonderful year. Now her tenth birthday is close at hand, much to her dismay. She tries of number of ways to slow the march of time, wearing last year's clothes for the school picture, climbing the door frame, refusing a birthday party.

message 3: by Amina (new)

Amina TheWriter (aminathewriter) | 7 comments Thank you, you're SO HELPFUL!! I don't recognise the plot but I'm going to try and get hold of a copy of this book and see if its the one. You're awesome for helping! Cheers!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Amina, did you get ahold of that book? Or are you still looking?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Amina, did you get ahold of that book? Or are you still looking?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Staying Nine (other topics)