Bookworm Belles discussion

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
This topic is about Crown of Midnight
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Ally and TheLitLover's Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

Savannah (vannah18) | 1261 comments Mod
Here you are ladies!

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Thanks a bunch, Savannah! Buddy reads are really fun!

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Great! Let me know when you can start!

message 4: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

I'm glad you guys enjoy it! And even more, I'm glad you found each other as you seem to have similar views and tastes.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I just got it today, so I can start whenever!

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Ok! Me too. I'll let you pick the time.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Alright, I'm reading a few other books right now, I have to finish A Confederacy of Dunces, but I should be able to start soon. Shall we say, May 15?

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Sure! Sounds great.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Yay! I'm glad we decided. I am super excited to read it, but I just feel like I have to prioritize a few books before I jump in. :)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I started, and I'm 100 pages in. I love it! It's like slipping into a familiar dream.

message 11: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Me too! I'm at about the same point, and loving it!

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Don't you find it a little strange that they use such modern language and cursing? I mean, this is supposed to be set in medieval times, right? There's no way this is a dystopian. Have you noticed this?

message 13: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Actually, I don't think it's medieval or dystopian. It's simply fantasy, so the story world is completely of the author's own making. Which means she's at liberty to use whatever sort of language she chooses and it's still appropriate. Still, it is more fun when fantasy authors get more creative with the language. It's just easier to go with what comes naturally to you, I guess.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Yeah... The modern language makes it seem more intense! I like it.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) So, I'm on page 205 now, and all I can say is: wow. That sure got intense. And I really hope the love triangle will end now!

message 16: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Haha, yeah. I think Celaena has finally come to her senses when it comes to which guy she wants.

What did you think in the beginning, when she chose not to do the king's bidding? I wasn't sure if she'd have the guts, but I'm really glad she's not really acting as an assassin(even though it puts Chaol in danger).

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I was glad too! It was kind of an unexpected twist for me, since she was so hardcore in the first book. Chaol was always my favorite, but Dorian's new power is pretty interesting!

message 18: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Okay. I'm almost finished. And all I have to say is (view spoiler)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Oh no! I read your spoiler! :( Poor Nehemia. She was such a good character!

message 20: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) I saw that you finished it! I did too! What did you think? I liked it better than the first one, myself. It did get a little too steamy for my tastes, though.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Yeah, I was like, "Oh, is this some erotica? No, still Throne of Glass. Well, my kickass heroine is gone, I gues." :( But overall, it was fantastic! Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....

message 22: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) I love your review! I agree. So sick of the love triangle. I'm not even against love triangles, but I have to say, this one just wasn't executed that well.

I was really sad about Nehemia, but it was instrumental to the plot and a good kick to get Celaena actually doing something.

But now...what is going to happen?? She's going away....and Chaol holds all of her secrets. And what happens when Celaena never returns? I was so frustrated when she didn't even warn Chaol that the king would KILL him. I just don't understand her sometimes.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I actually didn't mind that part... But I agree, Celaena is a bit of a mystery sometimes!

Would you like to read Heir of Fire together?

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I mean, it could take up to a month for my library to get it to me (since their delivery system is changed), so no rush, but I would love to continue reading the series with you!

message 25: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Sure! When were you thinking of reading it? I can put it on hold at the library, but the estimated wait is at least a week.

message 26: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Ah, ok! Is it okay if we both just read it when we can? Because I don't mind if we finish at different times.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I might be able to get to a different library where it's available, but again, it could be anywhere from a few days to three weeks until that happens. :)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) You know what, maybe Savannah will just open a new thread for us, and we'll wait and see what happens! I'm totally OK if you get it and start before me, just NO SPOILERS! hahahahahaha. XD

message 29: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Lol, gotcha.

message 30: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new)

I'll open it gals. What's the title of the next one?

message 31: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) Heir of Fire.

Thanks, Savannah!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.