She-Geeks discussion

Manga > May read: All You Need Is Kill

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
Our manga may read is All You Need Is Kill 1.

message 2: by K.N. (new)

K.N. (karmaplace) I love Obata's artwork. I completely forgot that he did Hikaru no Go and after reading this, it made me laugh to think about that.

From Keiji's book and expressions to Rita's design, I definitely saw some flavors of Death Note.

(view spoiler)

message 3: by BellaGBear (new)

BellaGBear I liked this book especially because of the artwork. I agree that the story was unexpectangly short. (only about 100 pages) I already saw the movie and I think for me that was really necessary to understand the story.

But I thought it was worth reading because the artwork was so pretty and colourfull :D

message 4: by Lexxi Kitty (last edited May 07, 2015 11:50AM) (new)

Lexxi Kitty (lexxikitty) I picked up my copy on the first of May. Need to get around to reading it. I'm in here, though, to express confusion over the "100 pages" comment. The version I have is 550 pages, though that's the "complete" work of 2 volumes (since the complete version is the only one translated into English). It would be odd if volume 1 was 100, and volume 2 was 450 pages.

Of course the movie adaptation comic was about 100 pages, but also a different story.

I've seen the film, read the book, and own the manga adaptation of the book, but haven't read it yet, nor the comic adaptation of the movie.

message 5: by Ash (new)

Ash | 39 comments Just started reading this, and I can't believe I haven't already read it. I just hope it continues to be interesting.

NotQuiteAllHere I had no idea that the movie Edge of Tomorrow was based off a book. I didn't see the movie cause I guessed the story line based on the previews I had seen.... and I was completely correct in my guess, this book confirm that. It wasn't a bad story, it was an interesting idea and kind of cool but totally predictable. I wish someone would come up with a great idea like this but not have the ending blatantly obvious. That would make me very happy

message 7: by Lexxi Kitty (new)

Lexxi Kitty (lexxikitty) I see one person read the movie adaptation comic by Nick Mamatas. Curious how it compares to the manga by Hiroshi Sakurazaka & Ryosuke Takeuchi.

The low ratings of the Mamatas comic combined with the fact that I didn't actually like the Tom Cruise movie version has kept me from trying it.

message 8: by Ash (new)

Ash | 39 comments I enjoyed this one. Like others have commented it is quite short, I read Volume 1 & 2 &, still, short story. I found it to be fast-paced, suspenseful, and a pretty unique concept behind all of it. I would have liked to have read some more, but that is really the only complaint I have with this manga.