The Book Basilisks discussion

June 2015 Book Discussions > June Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Hi! So I've started to open the nominations for June's group read so that people can nominate earlier before the month starts. You can nominate any kind of book you want us to read and the nominations will be closed May 10th. It can be the same book from previous month's nominations as long as we haven't read it yet. Also each person can only nominate one book. So go ahead and start nominating a book!

message 2: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 5 comments How about "Soldier X"? I don't remember the author

message 3: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 5 comments Don L. Wuffston. Soldier X

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 91 comments pride and prejudice by jane austen , she's one of my fav authors and i feel like you could never go wrong with classics

avery ♞ do something revolutionary (averyreadsbooks) | 9 comments Wildwood- I'd recommend this book. It's super long, but it's not a very hard read. I've started reading it and it's really good!

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia_jules15) The Sound of Glass It comes out in mid May and my mom went to a discussion the author was at, I'm interested in reading it.

message 7: by Karolina M (new)

Karolina M | 17 comments Amy and Roger's Epic Detour !! its a perfect spring/summer read! :)

message 8: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Sara wrote: "pride and prejudice by jane austen , she's one of my fav authors and i feel like you could never go wrong with classics"

Great choice Sara! I've actually never read it before and I've always wanted to! And from watching movies like the Jane Austen Book Club I'm pretty sure there are loads of things we can discuss about the book :)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (imsarouh) I'd actually recommend All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully by Carrie Hope Fletcher, perfect for the season, light, easy and positive to read :)

message 10: by Syn (new)

Syn | 2 comments Saving June it's a wonderful book and really needs a film tbh

message 11: by Hildegard (new)

Hildegard (hildegardium) Pride and Prejudice sounds good! It's on my TBR list already :)

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara Houser (houserftway) | 7 comments I vote pride and prejudice. I've not read the actual book but seen every version of it and loved it!

message 13: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) That's great guys, but the poll and the voting doesn't start until May 10th, this is the place for you to nominate more books so for those of you thinking of another book to read other than the ones mentioned above please nominate them before the 10th :)

message 14: by Hildegard (new)

Hildegard (hildegardium) I nominate The Kiss Of Deception (Young Adult)! :)

message 15: by Jian (new)

Jian (jianp) I nominate The Sky is Everywhere! I haven't read it yet, but a friend has and she said it was even better than I'll Give You the Sun!

message 16: by Ayunda (new)

avery ♞ do something revolutionary (averyreadsbooks) | 9 comments Oh, I loved that book! I'd also like to nominate Before I Fall

message 18: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Reminder that you only have one day (or two for some of you) left to nominate books you want to read for July because on May 10th nominations will be closed and I will open the poll. Thanks :)

message 19: by Karolina M (new)

Karolina M | 17 comments Ahh idk what book to vote for! Im leaning towards either pride and prejudice or the kiss of deception bc those two have been on my tbr for soo long!