2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
This topic is about Every Which Way But Dead

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Rachel is at first drawn to Lee, even knowing some of the things he's done. In the end, she's still feels remorse for tricking him in the Ever After in spite of him trying to sell her out to Algaliarept. What do you make of this situation?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Rachel comes across as very naive here. It bugged me that she constantly tried to reason with him when it was obvious that he was willing to exchange her to Al so that his debt would be forgiven.

Lee got what he deserved - what goes around, comes around!

I'm not sure it was naivety or just another example of her bad judgment. Rachel exists in an unforgiving world and continues to try to overlay a logic that makes no sense. There was no reasoning here with Lee, especially after his complicity in the boat bombing. He was a reprobate and she was trying to appeal to his sense of decency? You're kidding me?

That scene bothered me a lot. Why would she have such strong feelings against Trent and give this creep a pass?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "That scene bothered me a lot. Why would she have such strong feelings against Trent and give this creep a pass? "

Exactly. Lee is a self-absorbed sociopath who cares for no one but himself. Trent is trying to help his race and would probably sacrifice himself to do it. Opposite ends of the spectrum but Rachel doesn't seem able to see that. Her prejudice is blinding her.

Monica | 160 comments Mod
Rachel is a lot of good things, but judge of character is not one of them. She seriously has the worst judgment when it comes to people. And she can never read social situations very well. Nothing makes that more obvious than her interactions with Ivy. How can she not see what's happening there?!?!?!

I agree, Monica. She has zero competence when it comes reading people.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Monica wrote: "Nothing makes that more obvious than her interactions with Ivy. How can she not see what's happening there?!?!?! "

Exactly! Rachel seems willfully blind when it comes to Ivy. Despite all evidence to the contrary, she really thinks she can simply be friends with her. Talk about denial!

Monica | 160 comments Mod
Denial is right. She refuses to see what is right in front of her. And it will cost her, I'm afraid.