2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
This topic is about Every Which Way But Dead

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Nick attempts to slink away surreptitiously before Rachel stumbles up on his departure (my bias is showing here:)). Was he justified in wanting to put some distance between them given all he'd endured as her familiar?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Nick is an untrustworthy, dirtbag. Yes, I'm showing my bias too :0)

It doesn't surprise me that he was going to slink away like a rat (oh, wait, he was a rat!)

Perhaps his being a rat was foreshadowing...

If I remember correctly, the fact that he became Rachel's familiar was his own fault. He's the one who brought the book and the one who gave her the spell and now he has familiar's remorse? Serves him right!

I really can't stand this guy as I struggle to find any redeeming qualities in him. Rachel drives me nuts giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he cared anything about her, he would have manned up, faced her directly and expressed his feelings. Somehow he thinks it's better to sneak away?

Dump him.

message 4: by Lauren (last edited May 06, 2015 08:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "Rachel drives me nuts giving him the benefit of the doubt."

This is one aspect of her personality that irritates me She makes excuses for Nick and Lee as well, but always thinks the worst of Trent. Her prejudice really shows when it comes to him.

It is a contradiction, isn't it? She has such a passionate hatred for Trent.