The Challenge Factory discussion

Born of Vengeance (The League: Nemesis Rising #10)
This topic is about Born of Vengeance
2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Angie~aka Reading Machine~ & Trea - The League Series, Born of Vengeance (Book 12)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited May 26, 2015 03:23AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5379 comments Mod
Angie~aka Reading Machine~, Nichole & Trea - The League Series

message 2: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Hi, just checking in. Do you have a certain time you want to read this? I'm pretty open except around the 12th. All of the BRs I signed up for are on audio though, lol. I'll have to take turns!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments We could start on Friday or Saturday. I need to figure out how many chapters it has.

message 4: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Sounds good to me.

message 5: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Well, this works for a team challenge so I'm going to start it tonight :)

message 6: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I had too many distractions last night so I started over this morning. Not very far in but I'm liking it so far :)

message 7: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Nykyrian makes me think of Zarek from Dance with the Devil and Judd from Caressed by Ice. I'm looking forward to his loss of control. *waggles eyebrows*

I'm not sure if I missed something or not though. Is Kiara only being targeted because of her father's position? Or was it something more?

I'm looking forward to Syn's story now. Especially after his introduction at the beginning and the obvious change his life took.

message 8: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I'm a little over halfway-part 6 of the audio. I don't know how that translates to kindle, lol.

I guess I don't have to worry about spoilers since you've read this before?

Anyways, Syn has just put Kiara in her place with her judgements of them. You go! I was really liking her until she started acting horrified because the assassins were killing people to protect her... Now she's acting like they're monsters. Hmph!

I admit, I have a crush on Nyk. I'll take him if she doesn't want him :) And being the perv that I am, I'm ready for some action, lol.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I have't started this one again yet. But I'll definitely start in the morning.

message 10: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I finished it up. I really liked it which is a bit of a surprise. Only because I don't usually read Sci-Fi. I can't seem to picture all the technology and surroundings for some reason. I love SF movies and stuff it's just hard for me to read it. This wasn't so descriptive with that though, so it worked for me.

I gave it 4 stars. I loved Nyk and Syn and even Hauk and I'm looking forward to their stories. Other than the few times that Kiara was all horrified by them, I liked her too. She came around. I just wanted to wrap Nyk up in my arms though, lol.

Are you doing a reread of the series? Or just revisiting a favorite? I'll probably try to read one a month. It all depends on the challenges!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I plan on doing re~read of the series.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I finished this today and I still enjoyed as much as the first time around.

message 13: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I really liked it too! I'm hoping to get to the next book in June.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I'd read it with you.

message 15: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Sounds like a plan :)

message 16: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
Hi, ladies! I figured I'd check into the thread, get a feel for what you thought of Born of Night. I liked it well enough, but it wasn't quite a 4 star read for me. I'd read the first three and the novella many years ago, but it has been so long, I've forgotten them. If you plan on reading the series one a month, I'd love to join you for it all!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I'm thinking that will be the plan.

message 18: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments So, do you ladies have a date planned for reading this?

I won't be able to start until next week or later. If you plan on starting earlier, I can always chime in later.

message 19: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "So, do you ladies have a date planned for reading this?

I won't be able to start until next week or later. If you plan on starting earlier, I can always chime in later."

I didn't have a set date to start this, really. I have a BR set up for the 15th, and Ezi and I do a BR where I let her pick the date, so it is whenever she tells me to read. Next week actually works for me, so I can plan for say, June 9th? That sound good? I read fast, but I'll put comments under spoilers so that it doesn't ruin things for others.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Sounds like a plan ladies. I'll check my book for how many chapters there are.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Okay Born of Fire has a prologue, 21 chapters, and an epilogue for a total of 23 chapters. How do you want to divide them?

message 22: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Divide it up into 7 chapters a piece and whomever takes the beginning and the end gets the prologue and epilogue? Seems the easiest way to do it...

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Sounds good. What are your thoughts so far?

message 24: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Sounds good. What are your thoughts so far?"

I haven't started it yet. I've got one book being a pain in my butt by being slow to get through, and I try not to read more than one at a time. I'll likely start it early next week.

message 26: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Yeah, I'll be running behind on this. I have company coming in and it kind of skewed my plans...

I'll pop in whenever I'm able to start. Sorry ladies!

message 27: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I've started, but I'm only 8% in.

Interesting so far!

message 28: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trea wrote: "I've started, but I'm only 8% in.

Interesting so far!"

Real life happened yesterday, so I didn't get much reading done. I was up early though, and got to Chapter 13.

Do we just want to post thoughts under spoilers, or do discussion questions need to be created? I could probably do the first discussion questions, since I am as far as I am, though I like the thoughts idea better.

message 29: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I totally forgot to come back and post! I finished it on the 10th, late at night, so I blame lack of sleep on it!

Betrayal seemed to be the theme of the book, and I had difficulty believing that they could set it all aside to have a loving and trusting relationship without a lot more angst than was there. It also made it hard for me to connect to the characters. I did like seeing Nykirian come and kick Syn in the booty to get him to grovel a bit to Shahara!

Futuristic Romance definitely puts me out of my comfort zone, but I'm interested to see what happens in Born of Ice!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That was my part part of the book where Nykrian kicked Syn's ass. Looking forward to that book next month.

message 31: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I'm going to try and read Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon at the beginning of July, if not sooner. Trying to catch up!!

message 32: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "I'm going to try and read Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon at the beginning of July, if not sooner. Trying to catch up!!"

Will you also read Born of Ice in July too?

message 33: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Yep. At least that's the plan :)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments When do we want to start this?

message 35: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm between books at the moment, if you want to start it now.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments That works! There are 15 chapters which includes prologue and epilogue.

message 37: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "That works! There are 15 chapters which includes prologue and epilogue."

Ooh, shorter book! 5 each then?

I'm back off to bed, as it is a little after 3 am here, but I'll start this when I wake back up.

message 39: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finished it today. I know she couldn't help it, but I hate the fact that this book deals with Syn's second son. It acts as a spoiler for what I can only assume will be more books in the series, which makes my OCD go completely nuts. Other than that, I enjoyed the read, and was hard pressed to put it down.

message 40: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I've started the Novella as well...a bit interesting so far! I like seeing Adron's reactions to his life as it is currently.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I still need to finish Born of Ice first.

message 42: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "I still need to finish Born of Ice first."

*laughs* It's ok...I read kinda fast. I finished the novella last night too!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I normally read super fast myyself.

message 44: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments I guess I'm going to remove myself from this BR. I've read Born of Fire and I liked it. The thing is, with her books, I always enjoy them but.... They're entertaining but I never feel that rush to read the next one. I keep meaning to start Born of Ice next but I keep pushing it back. If I force myself, I won't enjoy it. Sorry Ladies!

message 45: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nichole wrote: "I guess I'm going to remove myself from this BR. I've read Born of Fire and I liked it. The thing is, with her books, I always enjoy them but.... They're entertaining but I never fee..."

Aww, Nichole! I'm sorry that you feel you have to go! My opinion is that you're more than welcome to stay and discuss the books as you read them, but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable either, just because you are a bit behind. You gotta do what's best for you, right? *hugs* Just know that I'm more than willing to discuss the books with you anytime!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Please stay Nichole. More than willing to share my thoughts with you.

message 47: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Okay, thanks Ladies. I'll pop in whenever I get around to the books then. I'm still going to try and get it in this month. I'll just not stress about being behind anymore. I really appreciate it!

message 48: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Just checking in: I have a Group Read scheduled for the 3rd, but other than that, I'm open. When would we like to read Born of Shadows?

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Could we start around the 1at?

message 50: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Could we start around the 1at?"

Do you mean start around the 12th?

« previous 1 3