What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Tinkling
This topic is about Tinkling
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens book about a unicorn who eats all the berries! Twinkle? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Apr 29, 2015 01:29AM) (new) - added it

Rachel | 3 comments So I read this book when I was somewhere between 1st and 3rd grade, so we're talking around 1999-2001. This book, if I remember, is part of a series of books about trolls or goblins or gnomes or something. I even want to say they were an official book series of those Trolls dolls (you know the one with the crazy hair) but I could be wrong! I've been googling this for ages but have come up with nothing! The book was targeted toward kids around my age at the time, so like... 8 or 9 years old?

I can visualize the cover very clearly! It's a white unicorn, but I'm not sure what color her horn or mane is (I want to say she has a rainbow mane and tail). The name of the book is called her name, which I REALLY think starts with a T. Twinkle, or Tinkle, or something-- it's meant to be the sound her hooves make when she walks, like little bells!

Anyway, this unicorn comes into the troll/gnome people's town and everyone is cool with her. Until at one point, she eats like, this ENTIRE bush full of berries. The berries were important for some reason, IDK why, like they were going to be used in a baking festival or something. But the important thing I remember is that after the unicorn ate all the berries, her hooves no longer twinkled/tinkled but they CLANGED. I remember it's specifically "clanged" because when I first read it, I thought it said "changed" and I was like "changed into WHAT?"

I've been searching for this for a while now, on and off. I search for unicorn twinkle, unicorn tinkle, unicorn trolls, unicorn eats berries and all that. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it!!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Were there any illustrations in the book?
Were there any humans in the story?

message 3: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel | 3 comments Yes, it was illustrated! I don't think there were any humans.

message 4: by Adele (last edited May 04, 2015 04:04PM) (new) - added it

Adele | 1208 comments Hey, I think I found it! Tinkling by Stephen Cosgrove

message 5: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel | 3 comments HOLY CRAP!!! Adele that's IT!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

message 6: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1208 comments Yay!! :-D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tinkling (other topics)