2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Off Topic > A Book with a Love Triangle. Help!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Does anyone have any recommendations for a book with a love triangle? I'm not a massive fan of love triangle stories so I don't really know of any that have them. Any help/suggestions/recommendations are welcome!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Harris (nicoleintrovert) I hate love triangles, but there is a teeny one between two sisters and a guy in a book I happened to read for another challenge topic. If you enjoy dystopias you might like it, and can choke down the love triangle like I did: City of Savages

message 3: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Love triangles are not my thing, so I can't recommend a book, but maybe you can check at the listopias for some ideas:
The Best Love Triangles
Popular Love Triangle Books
Hunger Games (read), Vampire Academy (to-read) and The Selection are popular, so maybe have a look at them, if you're ok with dystopias or paranormal!

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli | 30 comments Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. It's kind of X-men meets Game of Thrones.

message 5: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) The Great Gatsby is a classic love triangle, and it has a good story too! That's the one I chose for the week.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie The Song of Achilles

message 7: by Laurel (new)

Laurel | 3 comments I read "Looking For Alaska" by John Green, based on a recommendation I saw for a love triangle book on another board... Loved it!

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella | 234 comments The Kathleen Turner series by Tiffany Snow is amazing!
Also, Thoughtless series by SC Stephens

message 9: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1 comments I loved "Talking it Over" by Julian Barnes it's not a soppy romance but it is a love triangle

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• I picked Bitten as it is not a classic love triangle in an Urban Fantasy book.

message 11: by Daisyspice (new)

Daisyspice | 4 comments I read Dollface: A Novel of the Roaring Twenties which was a lovely, easy read if you like a bit of roaring twenties jazz and drama.

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 2 comments Does multiple love triangles count? I've read quite a few books this year with love triangles.

Anna Karenina
Atlas Shrugged
Gone Girl
The Girl on the Train
The Neighbor
Craving the Alpha (series)
Hunger Games (series)

Maybe these aren't really what your looking for.

message 13: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Oh, you know, Throne of Glass has a love triangle! It's an epic read, even if the romance stinks! Because, you know, it's a love triangle. And a really infuriating love triangle too. But you should read it for everything except that, it is so amazing!

Also, I guess Anna and the French Kiss could be considered to have a love triangle between Anna, Merideth, and Etienne. Yes, that could definitely count as a love triangle. This book was also a wonderful read, it was so cute and delicate! The love triangle is not that bad, surprisingly. I hope this helps!

message 14: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Oh wow! Thank you for all these suggestions! I'm not sure which one I'm going to go with just yet but there's a lot of variety here and a lot of options to choose from so I'm sure I can pick something. Some of these I'd actually been meaning to read anyway but just didn't realise they had a love triangle in them so that's really good!

message 15: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) You're super welcome!

message 16: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 2 comments I'm really enjoying Anna Karenina it has some really beautiful moments between the lovers.

message 17: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Holli wrote: "Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. It's kind of X-men meets Game of Thrones."

I've gone with your suggestion! You had me at X-men meets Game of Thrones!

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli | 30 comments Francesca wrote: "Holli wrote: "Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. It's kind of X-men meets Game of Thrones."

I've gone with your suggestion! You had me at X-men meets Game of Thrones!"

Hope you like it. :)

message 19: by Vespers9 (new)

Vespers9 | 45 comments I was also struggling with this week (still haven't made my final choice), but I found this list to be really helpful for love triangles that don't have a teen/YA angle.

message 20: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Pereira (adrianacecilia) That list is great Vespers9! I don't like YA nor romances so I was really struggling with this one. I'll probably go with A Midsummer Night's Dream.

message 21: by Jean (last edited Jun 23, 2015 01:01PM) (new)

Jean Cole (joc724) | 115 comments I'm going with The Hypnotist's Love Story -- using this as an excuse to read another Liane Moriarty. If I was a bit more disciplined, I'd read Anna Karenina. -- Update -- decided to be a "grown-up" and read Anna Karenina. Enjoying it so far!

message 22: by Joann (new)

Joann I'm going to read Water for Elephants. It's been on my list for awhile and I just found it on a list as a love triangle story

message 23: by Vespers9 (new)

Vespers9 | 45 comments I've decided that I'm going to go with Love in the Time of Cholera for this challenge!

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) I just read First There Was Forever and it had a love triangle in it. It was a pretty decent book because it also dealt with the trials a normal teenager goes through.

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelleae) Thanks Lit Lover for the suggestion of Throne of Glass . Fantasy right up my street, read and enjoyed and new series found!