What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Change With Me, girly old-fashioned novel - who wrote this? English, 2 girls meet at railway station and temporarily swap lives!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jazz (new)

Jazz | 2 comments Hello all - I am looking for the author of a novel written probably between 1910-1960 in England. It is called Change With Me and is about 2 young women (about 17 yrs old) who meet at a railway station and decide to swap lives for a bit. One is a classy lady with red nails from London, the other lives on a farm. The farm girl goes to a wealthy estate and has to learn to behave 'properly' and do things like play tennis and wear the right fashions. The Londoner has to learn to milk cows etc. Eventually a man, Algernon, falls in love with the farm girl pretending to be from London and chaos ensues.
Read this when I was about 12 and loved it - would love to buy it now! Any help greatly appreciated, I can't find it on google at all.
Thank you!

message 2: by Jazz (new)

Jazz | 2 comments SOLVED

message 3: by Holly (last edited Apr 26, 2015 05:03PM) (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Jazz, who's the author of the book? Could you link to the book?

ETA: Is this it? Change With Me