Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Anyone heard of Abookado? Warnings...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 160 comments I found my book on this site for sale with the author's name of AMD Hays. I have no idea who this is but it was my book cover and I assume interior also. I wrote the site and asked them to take it down but have not heard back yet. Does anyone know anything about this place?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veracruz (melissaveracruz) | 96 comments Funny, not funny...

I went to the site, looked up a popular author (Abbi Glines) and find that she is listed as the author of a Nicholas Flamel book (actually by Michael Scott). Doesn't seem 100% on the up and up. Or they're very confused...

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veracruz (melissaveracruz) | 96 comments Wish I could link in pics of the oopses. They have Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone listed under the pic for Sorceror's Stone. Hmmm. Who's running the site? Mr. Autocorrect?

message 4: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 276 comments did some digging. run by 3 teens who dig books. and mainly errors

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veracruz (melissaveracruz) | 96 comments It is definitely the land of confusion, if poor Dan Brown is no longer the author of his book... But it's kinda tragifunny at the same time.

message 6: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 160 comments Thanks, everyone. I suppose I won't worry about this one.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Melissa wrote: "Wish I could link in pics of the oopses. They have Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone listed under the pic for Sorceror's Stone. Hmmm. Who's running the site? Mr. Autocorrect?"

The book's original title was " ... Philosopher's Stone," but the images are widely available. Having read further and discovered it's a site run by teens, I suspect it's not worth worrying over.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veracruz (melissaveracruz) | 96 comments I found that original title. Crazy me, being all America-centric. Alas and alack, I never read the original British version. But the other titles with the authors? Just silliness. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm...I checked out that site. Did you know that a Monica Millard wrote Twilight? I don't know what's going on over there...it's crazy!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh and I just had to share this one...James Patterson wrote an erotic novel titled 'Claim Me'. I wonder where those young men are getting their information...some of the book covers have correct names but the authors listed are aren't. They need to fix that asap.

message 11: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2189 comments I just looked myself up on their site and my latest book came up, Like A Box of Chocolates. It says it was published in 1974...I wasn't even born yet! lol!

message 12: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 160 comments You have to work really hard to get this much wrong. It's much simpler just to use the real stuff. What are they up to??

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2189 comments I'm not sure but given the ridiculous errors, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 246 comments Pirate sites are usually scams to get credit card and identity information. They often don't actually have the books.

message 15: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Kaplan | 140 comments It's possible it's an implementation error. I seriously doubt anyone would sit around manually capturing book information. They're trying to pull their data from some feed but are interpreting it incorrectly.

message 16: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 276 comments ehe justin i think they think you wrote the chocolate war. cromier you aint lolz

message 17: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2189 comments K.P. wrote: "ehe justin i think they think you wrote the chocolate war. cromier you aint lolz"

Lol, I guess so!