Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) Glass Sword question

Ships
Ciara Mitchell Ciara Apr 25, 2015 06:55PM
WHO SHIPS CAL AND MARE? I DO! I DON'T WANT TO BE AlONE

MAVEN!!!! Maven feels more developed than Cal and Maven/Mare has more chemistry than Mare/Cal. His evil side makes him a more complex and interesting character and I'm hoping for a redemption (like Warner from the Shatter Me series) or for Mare and Maven to take over the world together.

Ummmm, yeah, as soon as Maven turned into evil Mama's boy, I went from 50-50 to 100% Cal. He helped her more than Maven has, and Cal loved her first anyway, so. Yeah.

F 25x33
Emily Loertscher Thank you! Finally some one who doesn't want Mare and Maven to end up together. ...more
Sep 10, 2016 07:50AM · flag

I just finished reading Glass Sword and let me just say that I am very intrigued where this series is going. Let me say that first and foremost that I was mainly interested in continuing on with this series because I was mainly interested in how Maven's character was going to develop, especially following the events that happened in the first book. Even after reading all of the bad things that Maven has done I just can't help but love his character (and I know that I may be crazy for saying that, but his character is so well developed and I just don't have it in me to hate his character, and he's probably one of the most interesting villains that I've ever read about). I'm like hardcore Maven trash, and I'm still holding out that sliver of hope that Mare and Maven will end up together by the end of this series. I mean we can already see Mare turning into this monster that in the beginning of the series that she said that she was never going to be. And also, throughout Glass Sword Mare is constantly thinking about Maven and how much she missed the kind of person that he was before his betrayal. I found it really interesting that she still held out hope for him even though he's become a malicious monster at this point. I mean she even kept his letters and never even told anyone about their existence. This is probably just me, but I think it would be really interesting to see Mare become a full-fledged villain herself alongside Maven, if only for a little while. But if nothing romantic-wise ever happens between them I would have enjoyed reading this series just for the Maven scenes and his further character development no matter how despicable he may turn out to be.

DEFINETLY MAVENNNNN!

Yay for Maven! Nay for Cal.

Katrina♡•• (last edited Jul 22, 2015 03:14PM ) Jul 10, 2015 07:05PM   1 vote
MARVEN ¡!!!!!!!!!!! Marven is more interesting and developed!Bad boy Marven is plastered all over the blurb synopsis!!!!! I would really love to see his side of the story so maybe we can understand him better.Marven is also so good looking!!!!! They already have the ship name MARVEN!!!!!!!!!!!KNEEL or BLEED!

Fuck Maven! After the arena and killing your own father and than framing your older brother that he did it. Who by the way loved you like any other brother would. Please Maven can go suck on his mother's milk for the snakes that they are.

I've always been 100% Cal, ever since he got her that job. The feeling only intensified as he kissed her after that dance lesson.

deleted member Sep 30, 2015 08:20AM   1 vote
Ciara wrote: "WHO SHIPS CAL AND MARE? I DO! I DON'T WANT TO BE AlONE"

First Chapter of Glass Sword
http://www.mtv.com/news/2285144/glass...

Maven is such an interesting character. I don't see the chemistry between Cal and Mare. TEAM MAVEN ALL THE WAY!

Cal is boring.

No, her and Cal for me, their love is beautiful

TEAM MAVEN ALL THE WAY!

maven is better in my opinion

I ship Me and Maven. Mare can have Cal. If she ends up with Cal, it's okay, because Maven will be with me. Everyone wins ;)

(Team Maven)

deleted member Jun 17, 2015 08:58AM   0 votes
I Feel SO Torn, Even Now Months After The First Book Came Out

BUT Am Leaning Towards Maven

Cal <3

Maven is boring.

deleted member Jun 15, 2015 04:29PM   0 votes
Title of Book 2 of RED QUEEN To Be Revealed on Friday

Title Starts with G and Than The Second Part of The Title Starts with a S

. A couple of weeks after that, the cover will be revealed followed by the Red Queen map and a video from Victoria Aveyard! So lot’s of Red Queen goodness coming our way, stay tuned!

Ciara wrote: "WHO SHIPS CAL AND MARE? I DO! I DON'T WANT TO BE AlONE"

I USED TO SHIP HER AND CAL BECAUSE OF THAT KISS DURING THE DANCING SCENE AND THEN I LIKED HER AND MAVEN BUT THEN MAVEN FLIPPED AND I WANT HER AND CAL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN CAN THEY JUST BE HAPPY AND IN LOVE(:

team CAL no matter what!

Team CAL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!! Maven is really lame, and after what he did to Mare and Cal, you really think he can be redeemed? Come on....I was Cal from the very beginning.

I hate 'Mavey'. Cal and Mare FTW

Who else thought Mare and Kilorn was gonna be a thing at the start of the book?

U 25x33
Gabby Dimaio yes
Jul 06, 2017 07:21PM · flag

Q: Isn't there a part of you that loved Maven? At least what he could have been?

Victoria Aveyard: I love every bit of Maven. He's my favorite character to write.

*I'm with Victoria on this

I HATE maven.. HOW CAN YOU STILL LIKE HIM hdfeuifhgsjdhfjdskhfk

Im half and half

deleted member Feb 25, 2016 01:50PM   0 votes
lol but cal is so eh..team maven *i mean he could of been playing along until he could somehow control his momma *doubts he wants to kill his own mamma*and then get mare back plus cal would be out of the way i mean cal turned on them both soooo
yeah
idk i see mare ending up alone at this rate.....

Hm okay Imma make a few ~new~ ships.

- Gilorn (Gisa + Kilorn)
- Mevangeline (Maven + Evangeline. because why the hell not.)

Jen (last edited Jun 05, 2015 04:16AM ) Jun 05, 2015 04:15AM   0 votes
CAL all the way. Maven can stay the villian for all I care.

I need her not to pull a Warner, because that shit was disgusting!

Maven has killed everyone and that baby. Why would you want Mare to fall in love with him??????

Mare and Cal understand each other and can protect one another, all they need to do is get their shit together. They could have an amazing relationship if they actually had real conversations and threw away their dumb pride. Honestly these to are meant to be.

IM SO TORN like I think Maven is way more developed and that they have a better history/story arc BUT I also love Cal as a character. the really kicker for me was the mama's boy thing, like why couldn't his character arc have just been him and not his stupid mom?! I'm like 75 Maven 25 Cal

CAL CAL CAL. Maven doesn't hold a candle (ha).

I was all for Maven, but I'm like 50/50 right now.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Have you seen how badass Cal is with his fire?! And Maven is freaking evil

We're not alone. Aveyard has torn her readers in half on this subject!!!

Cal because he's so hot ( get it? fire? )

But really. Cal was there first! It's been Cal from the start! I think Cal is just as developed as Maven? Honestly, I thought it was Maven that was underdeveloped. His character is kind of messy right now -- we have no idea who he is!

Cal, at least, makes sense.