What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA or middle grade book featuring a unicorn [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 14 comments I remember reading this about 6 or 7 years ago. The main character was a girl named Claire or Clara and she lived with her grandmother. They're in the town square or marketplace and Claire thinks they're being followed, and it turns out she's right. She runs to the top of a bell tower and is somehow transported to another realm/universe. I remember she wakes up in a cave and there's a deep voice and animals are able to talk. She is somehow injured at some point, but a unicorn pierces her with its horn and she is healed. It later turns out that the man who she thought was following her in the beginning of the book was her father who was trying to get into the world where she was at that point. I'm not sure about the details of the book's ending.
The cover had a picture of a unicorn and a girl in a yellow t-shirt with lots of light everywhere.
It was part of a series, but I only read the first book. "Unicorn" might be in the title, but I'm not certain.
Thanks for your help.

message 2: by Amanda (last edited Apr 23, 2015 07:47PM) (new)

Amanda (misterfive) | 203 comments This sounds a lot like the first book in The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville, Into the Land of the Unicorns. The girl's name is Cara.

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail | 14 comments Yup. That's definitely it. Thank you!