What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Book of Story Beginnings
This topic is about The Book of Story Beginnings
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. children's/middle school fantasy novel two main characters travel across the sea to a fantasy world, where the king refers to himself in the third person and the queen has a lot of cats [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

bucky (buckygoforth) | 3 comments i read this book about five years ago (i was 11) and am very fuzzy on most of the details.

it's a children's/middle school (it would be shelved in the juvenile section of a library) fantasy novel with two main protagonists, one whose name is Oscar (i don't remember his last name).

i'm pretty sure that it involves a mystery element, and there's something to do with old letters/photographs, but i'm not certain.

at some point the two main characters travel across the sea to a fantasy world, where the king refers to himself in the third person and the queen has a lot of cats.

i'm trying hard to figure out what this book is called, but all i can picture in my head is a vague image of the cover, which isn't very helpful!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments The Book of Story Beginnings The Book of Story Beginnings by Kristin Kladstrup

One of the reviews mentions the king loving cats and the queen loving birds.

bucky (buckygoforth) | 3 comments Tab wrote: "The Book of Story BeginningsThe Book of Story Beginnings by Kristin Kladstrup

One of the reviews mentions the king loving cats and the queen loving birds."

thank you so much!!!!

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments you're welcome :)