Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Fiction General Chat > Bookshelf Selfie Game

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lily (last edited Apr 22, 2015 10:23AM) (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Post a picture of your bookshelf! Pics can be added to your photos on your profile and then copy the link.

Pics of your eReaders with a lists of books is okay too.

Or, if none of those works for you, use Add Book and post covers only of the books you own.

Here's mine:

description

Mobile device friendly link:

My Bookshelf

message 2: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn I love this! This weekend, it's happening :P

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Yay! I won't be alone lol

message 4: by Renee E (new)

Renee E | 395 comments If I ever get all the moving done and organized, I'm afraid pics of all the bookshelves (and probably a few stacks from overflow) would crash GR, lol.

I really need to sort and go through and take some to Edward McKay's, or at least the nearest Better World Books donation drop box.

message 5: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) It can be a messy pic, it doen't matter. Truth be told, I moved to this place 2 years ago and for the first time in my entire life I have an organized bookshelf. Believe me, it took me years to get to that point.

message 6: by Gem (new)

Gem Larkspur (gemsl) | 64 comments No where as organized as Lily's...

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Beutiful, Gem, I love it!

message 8: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) I'd better get to dusting.

message 9: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) No I want to see the dust lol I got dust, it just doesn't show in the pic, is all.

message 10: by Nick (new)

Nick | 96 comments I'd like to suggest the alternative name "shelfie".

;)

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Hahaha....

message 12: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Lily wrote: "No I want to see the dust lol I got dust, it just doesn't show in the pic, is all."

Okie dokie, I have a few but this is the big 'un. ☺

message 13: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Gorgeous!

message 14: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha Vohn Ooooooo....

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments I now want fancy bookshelves like all yours...haha

message 16: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) IKEA. Summer sale. I freely admit.

message 17: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) Lily wrote: "IKEA. Summer sale. I freely admit."

IKEA for me, too. : D

message 18: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Lol! Well know we all know the secret lol

message 19: by Yolanda (new)

Yolanda Ramos (yramosseventhsentinel) My bookshelf is in my garage. And lots of dust. Will take a pic later and upload.

message 20: by Meran (new)

Meran | 16 comments Oh hell no... I have about 32 at my just now guesstimate... Most 7 feet tall. I can put my two To Read shelves here... Tomorrow. (Too dark right now)

How do I post pictures, btw? I don't see a button to add any.

message 21: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Yolanda, can't wit to see it :D

Meran, I posted instructions on teh Technical Support topic in the Group Business folder.

message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments Soon as I get a proper internet connection I'll post mine lol

message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments  photo 1173688_zpso9ftkmh3.jpg

so here is my bookshelf with less than half of my actual books. since it was a cheap Wal-Mart impulsive buy, the shelf is warping under the weight and the heavier books went into my closet lol. and that's not counting the other hundreds of books that were put into storage by my grandma when we left Texas. seriously am not exaggerating that number though lol we had more than a hundred books when we left. more than half were mine. ^__^ tada

message 24: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 388 comments Still pretty cool Mikey, especially that bottom shelf full of graphic novels!

message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments only cuz the top shelf wouldn't hold them all without breaking lol

message 26: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 388 comments Hey what are some of those Graphic Novels? Are those white ones on the end a set of something?

message 27: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments todd McFarlane(misspelled?) spawn. it collects the first hundred issues or so. and the other is Fatale, also from Image comics

message 28: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 388 comments Awesome, Ive got every issue of Spawn. Haven't read Fatale yet though.

message 29: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Nice collection!

message 30: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments Thank you:)

message 31: by G.G. (last edited Apr 25, 2015 06:33PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 506 comments Guys, I ENVY you! Hubby has been promising me a library since the day we bought our house in 2003. Guess what? The books are still in boxes in the closet. I only have my favorite ones handy in a cabinet, but it has doors and not much room left for books. I coaxed him to put some shelves on the wall this week end. If he does, I may have a picture soon. Not much but better than nothing I guess...

message 32: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Psst... IKEA. They'll do it for you. Hubby never needs to know.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 28 comments ah...I love this...I have to post mine ;)

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 28 comments Okay...mostly books...some movies...this is my living room shelf ;)

photo IMG_20150406_115601_zpsoliwa4un.jpg

message 35: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Wow. It's so... clean.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 28 comments Lily wrote: "Wow. It's so... clean."

HAHA...I have some issues...Just don't peek in my bedroom! ;)

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments Too clean...

message 38: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Obsessively clean...

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 28 comments yeah, but it's mine. ;)

message 40: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) We're just in awe.

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments I think someone is in need of a mess

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 28 comments Lily wrote: "We're just in awe."

:D
You're too funny!

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Brocious | 28 comments Mikey...you may be right. :D

message 44: by Ariel (last edited Apr 25, 2015 08:41PM) (new)

Ariel Alynn | 2 comments I acquired many books when i moved in with my boyfriend and it seems that they just keep coming. I read them then sell them. Still i have all these boxes because the books overflow the space i have for them. What you see is only a small portion of my library. There are boxes all over my house... Not that I'm complaining. :P

www.goodreads.com/photo/user/18143806...

message 45: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Soda Cat wrote: "I acquired many books when i moved in with my boyfriend and it seems that they just keep coming. I read them then sell them. Still i have all these boxes because the books overflow the space i have..."

Wow! It's like Book Utopia. I'm not sure if this is the place all dead books go, or I have died and found utopia. Ill get back to you on that.

message 46: by Renee E (last edited Apr 25, 2015 08:52PM) (new)

Renee E | 395 comments Soda Cat wrote: "I acquired many books when i moved in with my boyfriend and it seems that they just keep coming. I read them then sell them. Still i have all these boxes because the books overflow the space i have..."

Okay. I'm going to have to take some pics of the shelves-in-transition, with some of my books on them, some clear spaces where we packed up the ones my mother wants in California and the ones we gave to a children's home, waiting for SOME of the rest of my books. I fear they won't hold them all . . .

Then, Cat, you can get a good look at your future *YIKES* Be afraid, be very afraid. :D There are literally ROOMS of bookshelves. Scary.

I don't even want to think of how many sets of shelves just the cookbooks and gardening books are going to take . . .

message 47: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 506 comments Love the cat on top of the shelves :)
Is that a real life size John Wayne???

Lily, IKEA sounds like a great idea but I don't drive, so he'd have to know. :P

message 48: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 388 comments Lily wrote: "Psst... IKEA. They'll do it for you. Hubby never needs to know."

IKEA stole my tag line it sounds like....

message 49: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 388 comments @Sarah, that is so...organized. It looks like a display in a house for sale. More power to you, I couldn't keep it that clean for 5 minutes lol.

message 50: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) G.G. wrote: "Love the cat on top of the shelves :)
Is that a real life size John Wayne???

Lily, IKEA sounds like a great idea but I don't drive, so he'd have to know. :P"

It can all be ordered online. Some things like lightbulbs have to be bought instore, but funiture can be done online.

« previous 1